View Poll Results: Would you like a Map Editor included?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES: definately!

158 85.87%
  • NO: happy to just wait for future release's

20 10.87%
  • Not sure: am I in the right forum?

6 3.26%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you like a Map Editor included with TR: Legend?

Cool Would you like a Map Editor included with TR: Legend?

Well it's important to me, the game is enjoyable....very enjoyable in fact, but having a map editor means I could enjoy it longer. Anyone else?

Having an editor has never stopped me buying other TR release's, I have them all...some I have more than once if the box is different.

A level editor would be excellent - it keeps the interest going during the long wait for the next official release.

A big fat 'yes please' from me.
    Ham and Eggs - a days work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
    signature image
    myspace.com/morestatgrav - Updated in Jul '09 with 10 new tracks.

Talking

I'd love a map/level editor included with the game! Then I would be able to do ANYTHING!!! I'd be a GAME GOD! Oh, wait I already am!

Hey Staticon, nice to see you finally here.
    "Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use. --Mark Twain"

a yes yes yes please from here

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by GeckoKid
    a yes yes yes please from here
    LOL, like I didn't see that coming.

Yes please!!

Default wasn't one poll option field enough? :D

funny to see all kinds of people from the LE forum here suddenly....

I say....hmm.....ah heck, lets go for YES!

now where can I leave my money.....

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

No I wouldn't. I hope they make at least another TWO full adventures with this engine. THEN they can release the map editor.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMaciver
    No I wouldn't. I hope they make at least another TWO full adventures with this engine. THEN they can release the map editor.
    Don't understand? What difference would having a map editor make regarding any decision in making further adventures. It's the whole point, we use the editor in between other adventures and during. Still it's your choice I guess

Yes, it is.

Of course I'd like one to come with Legend.

Exclamation

YES, I think map should be (beter electronic) , but also it couldn't be then Lara should use her wireless communication (that, in her ear)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dhama
    Still it's your choice I guess
    I call it blasphemy!

Cool

I understand what you mean, but I hope they have worked on the engine since Defiance... I didn't like the way the environment in that game was so limited regarding interactivity. "Glass walls" were everywhere. It made me stop playing after a very short time.

At the ground level though, I am just hoping the put out a great TR game again.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CatSuit&Ponytail
    I understand what you mean, but I hope they have worked on the engine since Defiance... I didn't like the way the environment in that game was so limited regarding interactivity. "Glass walls" were everywhere. It made me stop playing after a very short time.
    I'm sure it has, well it look that way in the released movies. I do want to get my hands on that map editor particularly though, above all other map editors.

Quote Originally Posted by CatSuit&Ponytail
    At the ground level though, I am just hoping the put out a great TR game again.
    Amen to that

I voted yes, but the actual game is more important to me.

I voted Yes.

I think it would be a great idea to include a map editor.

I would assume that a map editor for the new engine would be complex, but most modern 3d game map editors are.

This has not stopped the other companies from releasing their editors though.

So, I think it would be a great idea to release a map editor.

of course i want a map editor in tr legend!!!

and if your reading this cd,id even pay twice as much as u charge normally if you included a map editor! think about that,id bet most fans would! making your own maps make it more exciting,i have alot of pc games that ive bought & most of them i bought because i can make my own levels etc, with them!

just a thought,but i would love to be able to make my own 3d game with lara & tomb raider & be able make every aspect of it like darkbasic or gamestudio!
    thanks 4 reading

Releasing a map editor with Legend would completely ruin any further adventures on this engine. Do you want further professional adventures from the masters or dozens of amateurish ones to play? Think about it.

Do you want further professional adventures from the masters or dozens of amateurish ones to play?
    both

Question

Releasing a map editor with Legend would completely ruin any further adventures on this engine. Do you want further professional adventures from the masters or dozens of amateurish ones to play? Think about it.
    Why does including the map editor mean they can't use it for a future game? Does the editor suddenly go rancid or something if it's been used by "non professionals"?

I'm a level builder myself. I'm not against releasing a new level editor! I'd just rather enjoy a few professional games first before the new Lara starts doing ridiculous things in a million custom levels.

Yeah... I just don't see why they couldn't use the same editor for TR 8 and 9, even if they release it now. Does the one have to exclude the other?

Hi Solange, not sure really, but once an editor is released, I would have thought that might affect the commercial value of the software.

Smile

Still it seems such a huge waste not to use it just for that reason!

I say, release the editor, and then they can draw wisdom from all the mistakes the builders make, before they release TR 8 on the same engine!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast