Thread: all OCB codes

Default all OCB codes

please post here any OCB code settings you know of
    all OCB codes will be added to the FAQ pages

also add a small description of what the setting does, for which object it is and in which wad the object is (if it's not a standard object)

screenshots of the OCB code effect will be very welcome
    when posting screenshot, only post a link to the image, don't use the [img] vB code please

Ps. no sigs please

http://driber.net/homepage/tr/tr4_ocb.html
    http://www.geocities.com/craziej2k/ocbdwnld.html

128 to ammuntion makes it appear when it's gone in your inventory. that's the only one besides the ones in the manule that i can think of right now.

If you type 888 in the OCB of the flame emitter 3 you get the ball of lightening (like in TR1) that 'follows' Lara, catches her alight, and kills her.

Type -53 into OCB when you wish to have 'flame emitter 1' blow out flames in the direction of the cone at a timed interval.

To use this, place the flame emitter in a 1 tiled adjacent room, with the emitter facing toward the door, and place a (toggle opacity) texture over the door. The flame will then come through the wall when triggered, at the fixed timed interval.

1. Typing -1 in the OCB of a FLAME_EMITTER makes it shoot out vertical puffs of flame.
    2. Typing -1 into the HAMMER makes it work.
    3. Depressing buttons 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 in the OCB make an object be triggered from the beginning (without even placing a trigger). Then the triggers for that object become anti-triggers.

I tested some ocb's for the lightning conductor, element puzzle, and flame emmiter.
    Well here they are:

Flame emmiter -59 & -57 are the same jets, but with 'long breaks'.
    -43 was a smaller break.
    -2 & -7 don't have breaks.

The lightning conductor, as I mentioned somewhere earlier in this forum is just a vertical 'electric' thingy familiar to what flame emmiter3 with 1,2,3 or 4 in ocb.

Element puzzle with 0 in ocb is a water puzzle, works perfectly with the small waterskin.
    1 is for the fire puzzle, I know this could be originaly done with jerycan and torchlight, but I couldn't do this.
    2 stands for the earth puzzle, which could be originally completed with the bag of sand, but I couldn't do this one too.
    3 does absolutely nothing.

OCB settings for Waterfall.

If you need to antitrigger a waterfall for some reason, put 668 in the ocb. Then, after its triggered, the waterfall will be antitriggered with a simple antitrigger.
    If you dont put 668 in the ocb, the waterfall wont be antitriggered.

Ive tested this with the waterfalls from Tomb of Seth and Karnak. Works ok.

1 entered in the OCB of the CHAIN object (the swinging blade from Inside Menkaure's Pyramid) enables it to hurt Lara; if not, it doesn't harm her. I belive it is like this, 'cause I've used the blade in my first level without OCB and it didn't hurt Lara. In my upcoming Rome Raider level, I put 1 into the CHAIN's OCB and it works.

I fooled around with the hammer and found these remarkable behaviors.
    1 = normal hammer ( hammer smashes, chain lifted then smashes again, and so on... )

2 = Hammer smashes while lara stays on the trigger, when she steps of, the hammer will remain in his position, so if it was lifted up it will just stop and stay that way. makes explosive sound when smashes

3 = same as above but when lara gets of the trigger it first gets lifted to the ceiling and then it stops.

-1 -2 and -3 normal hammer behavior

Animating 3 from Library wad, the big cog wheel.

Put 1-2-3 or 4 doesnt matters to animate it when triggered. 1-2-3-4 have no special properies like faster spin or something.

Propably everyone knows this, but since it took me some time to discover it, and others might have familiar problems 1 added in the ocb of pulley enables it to really trigger something.

when you enter 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, and bigger numbers in the Ocb of a baddy, the secound Baddy will come after you killed the first one, the third will come after killing the secound etc.

I did the same, but only since i wanted to find out how to animate the wheel, Cause i know it should animate with a ocb, i looked in the list and saw animating 3 but from the lake wad, but i still tryed it cause animating 3 is animating 3 And it worked

Hi! I read Driber's Thread for OCB settings and found that list of all the ocb's in TR4
    so I tried the ones for the twoblock_platform. U nfortunatly none of them lower the block but different ocb numbers affect how high the platform raises.
    0 no change
    132 raises about 4 clicks higher than normal
    167 raises about 8 clicks higher than normal
    207 raises about 12 clicks higher than normal
    259 raises about 16 clicks higher than normal

you may have to experiment 'cos I don't know the exact high change but I hope this helps

Place a FLAME_EMITTER down and in it's OCB type 888 then trigger it. it's just a normal ball of fire but when u die and go to the Main Menu there are no titles at the bottom, ( No NEW GAME, LOAD GAME, OPTIONS and EXIT ). They all have got deleted. If you delete the FLAME_EMITTER in the editor the titles come back

OCB's for the pulley again:
    1 - makes it work at all, you have to pull it once to trigger something
    2 - you have to pull the rope twice to trigger a thing
    3 - you have to pull the rope 3 times to trigger a thing etc.
    Last edited by Driber; 08-06-2008 at 01:36 AM. Reason: fixed broken links

Update on the following OCB code:

If you type 888 in the OCB of the flame emitter 3 you get the ball of lightening (like in TR1) that 'follows' Lara, catches her alight, and kills her.

I have tested this particular OCB and have found it to work differently under certain conditions.
    If you use this in a one room level, it works, however does not kill Lara; it simply follows her as she moves.
    If you use more than one room in a level, when triggered, the lightning is directed into the centre of the level world. If for instance the room with the lightning is in the centre of the level world, then it remains on its tile area.
    On all tests the lightning bolt did not set Lara alight nor kill her.

{level world - the area in which the level map is built.}

If anyone has a different outcome from this, I will be happy to here avout it.

This is highly interesting, Data.

Only: what exactly is the 'centre' of a map? How is one supposed to find out its coordinates? Or is the centre always the central square of the map as shown in the main editor window? And would that centre be x=50, y=50?

I have no idea why the only people I know that they know this (Piega and Isis(aka SW on the old forums)) haven't posted this OCB in this thread but here it goes.

If you place the ocb -422 in the OCB options for the Music Scroll's puzzle hole, Lara will place the scroll on the puzzle hole and play the Lyre(you have to put the Lyre to the left of the puzzle hole), just like she did in the cutscene, in TR4 (the lost library). The audio file that sounds like the Lyre playing, automatically runs when Lara plays the lyre. Thanks to Isis (previously SW) for explaining this to me.

The only custom Levels I know where you can see this is Piega's The Last Crusade and SW's Temple of Thor

Originally posted by Data
    Update on the following OCB code:

I have tested this particular OCB and have found it to work differently under certain conditions.
    If you use this in a one room level, it works, however does not kill Lara; it simply follows her as she moves.
    If you use more than one room in a level, when triggered, the lightning is directed into the centre of the level world. If for instance the room with the lightning is in the centre of the level world, then it remains on its tile area.
    On all tests the lightning bolt did not set Lara alight nor kill her.

{level world - the area in which the level map is built.}

If anyone has a different outcome from this, I will be happy to here avout it.

You may all know this sort of FM3 behaviour already but, I tried this FM3/888 on a 1 click pedestal in the dead centre of a 16/16/12 room and got a superb blue laser show that sort of randomly swept the room from the central point, in a wide beam, no injury to Lara. It was a bit like a concert lighting show. Can't find any use for it in a castle mind you!

Lightbulb

Falling blocks (crumbling floors) don't collapse when you stand on them if you enter an OCB 2. They're like the flat bridges. Remember that then you can trigger it with a ONE SHOT trigger and it will fall down and look like lara stood on it, which is good for all sorts of effects, like having entire rooms collapsing...

Mushroom Guest

Smile

G'day,
    I have found that if I use a 2xFlame emitter3 and set on OCB to 666 and set it 6 clicks above the othe FE3 and set its OCB to 4 that to arcs of Electricity engulf Lara but not kill her. I think this is the same as what 888 in the OCB dos as I cat get it to work.
    Also if I type -888, -777 or -666 in a FE3 that I get a very small electric spark, that sort of looks like a busted cable type spark.

Hope this is new info and that it works for you as it did for me

Cyas
    Shroom