PS2 Clan War Begins...
Okay, here we go! We will be running a clan-v-clan competition for Project: Snowblind PS2 and Xbox. (PC will be announced a little later) This first clan tournament will be limited to 6 participating clans each. The tournament will be made up of a Round Robin, with 1 point awarded to the winning team of each match. After the Round Robin phase, the top two teams will play a match for the overall victory. Winners will be added to the Project: Snowblind Honor Guard, and be eligible for gifts from Eidos (limit of 8 per winning team)
Registration is open now to the first six clans who apply. To join, send an email to the Eidos Online Community Representative (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your clan’s name, you clan tag, an email address for the clan’s leader or a clan officer who will be in charge of contacting opponents, and a roster of your clan’s members, before 25 April 05. Good luck!
(For more details, please see here)
1. Scheduling: Round Robin Matches will occur once a week, the exact day being left to the opposing clans’ discretion. Match-ups for the first round will be announced by the Eidos Online Community Representative on 25 April 05.
2. Each week will feature a different match format, determined by the Eidos Online Representative. For example: week 1 might require all teams to fight CTF in Downtown Sai Kung, while week 2 would be TDM in Kowloon Garage.
3. Challenges: once the week’s match-ups are announced, the opposing clans must contact each other via email only to set up their matches. These messages must be sent by clan leaders or officers designated by clan leaders to other clan leaders or officers designated by clan leaders. The Eidos Online Community Rep (email@example.com) must be CC'd on the messages. Challenges must be formatted as such:
'1st choice of game day/time'
'2nd choice of game day/time'
4. When a challenge is accepted, both teams exchange their rosters for the game (rosters should always include up to two alternate players to sub for anyone who misses the match).
5. Official clan matches are 4 on 4 (This is to make it easier to fill slots and keep out non-clan affiliated players).
6. The choice of host should be based on the quality of that player's connection (naturally) by mutual agreement of the opposing teams. The Eidos Online Community Rep will resolve any disputes.
7. The host for the match will add all players on the two rosters to his/her friend list (host's clan mates will already be there I should think) prior to the start time.
8. Starting The Match: This can best be accomplished by having the host create a room with the clan tags included in the game name (“SW versus DOA” for example.) The clan members participating in the match then all join that game on the same side so they can converse. Once all members are present and ready, he/she should exit and create the actual tournament room, with whatever game name they want (preferably a pretty anonymous one). The other participants can then find the host’s match quickly and fill in the slots.
9. The first round of the match will be a warm-up, the result of which will not count toward the results of the match.
10. Protests and complaints will be registered with the Online community rep via email after the match.
11. Matches must be made up of three rounds (not counting the warm-up round). Winner of the most rounds is the winner of the match.
12. If the match is being played as part of a championship, the losing team reports the results.
13. Scoring limits are to be:
CTF - Rounds to be 20 minutes or 3 captures.
DEM - Rounds to be 20 minutes or 3 bombs detonated.
TDM - Rounds to be 20 minutes or 50 kills.
14. Players must be grouped by clan affiliation. All the players on a team must belong to a single clan and all the players on the other team must belong to another clan. No team switching is allowed once the Warm-Up round is over.
15. Clans are awarded one point per match they win. At the end of the round robin phase of the tournament, the two clans with the most points will fight a match for overall honors. If there is a tie between three or more teams at the end of the round robin phase, then single elimination matches will be played between the top teams to determine the overall winners.
16. Any violation of the terms of our online agreement by a player/team will disqualify them from the tournament. The copy of this agreement is located here: http://www.eidos.com/online/
"Happiness requires freedom, and freedom requires courage."