Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snowblind and Graphic card issues (update)

Quote Originally Posted by trugamer232
    It is a fun game. I like how they stole the gravity gun technic from half life 2 plus the visuals are amazing. I hope they make a patch for it or a update i might play it again if they fix the errors. I notice that you describe your video card. so i believe now that if someone wants to play the game without flaws they must have a 128- 256 mb video card
    If you have an older Nvidia card, I recommend using Nvidia Drivers 66.93 or older. If you have an older ATI card, try using the Catalyst 4.12 drivers.

Default I HAVE an elite card...

Quote Originally Posted by trugamer232
    LOL Well guys i can say that this game does work on some video cards,but only if u have an elite card. I had to finish the game on my co -workers' computer. He has a amd 64 chip 2.2gig processor and a ATI RAEDON 256 mb video card and a 1 gig memory. So this proves that the game can be finish without a single crash on certain cards. But i still understand the anger that most of the people with ordinary video cards have. The game still crashes on my nvidia go 5200 even with the new drivers. Maybe they will make a patch soon if not, do like me and finish it on a (super computer) or off the ps2. I guess i not so fustrated about this game any more because well.... i dont buy games in the first place and i just finished it and the ending sucks!!!

Just so you know, my PC is a P4 3.2G with 1G of RAM and a Nvidia 6800 PCI Express, and it STILL randomly crashes.

It's not my PC. It's the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoker6
    Just so you know, my PC is a P4 3.2G with 1G of RAM and a Nvidia 6800 PCI Express, and it STILL randomly crashes.

It's not my PC. It's the game.
    I'm P4 3.4GHz 1MB, 1GB CL2.0 RAM, Nvidia 6800 and I also suffer heavily from crashes
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand Binary and those who don't

Default Dumped all hope

I got fed up and had a friend send the PC version back thru his company as DEFECTIVE and got the xbox version....not too shabby except i wish the sound was better. Sometimes really hard to hear voices and such.

I have an Intel Pentium 3.2ghz machine, I suffer from random crashes now too usually in the range of 5-10 minutes, I used to have an AMD Athlon XP 2400+ with the same graphics hardware (radeon x800 pro) and I got no crashes.

This leads me to believe the game has a thing against Intel processors or maybe Hyperthreading, or even the on board sound.

Thumbs up NVidia

l0L I have same problem with GForce 6800gt with driver 71.84 But driver 71.24 work fine. So if you wana play game try tu use that driver.

I have a problem, but maybe it isn't really a problem...
    I just bought the game today and installed it on my pc:
    athlon64 3200
    1.5 gigs ram
    radeon 9200
    and it worked perfectly, at first. then i got to the level ambush (level 3 or something) and i can't see anything. everything is a blur, i can't even tell where i am or where enemies are. it's not dark, everything is light gray. it's like the smoke grenades from cs:s but everywhere. I know this can't be right, because it isn't near playable. The level might be inteneded to be dark or something, but this is not what they intended it to be like (unless they are stupid). I don't think it is my hardware, since the first levels worked fine, but i don't know why they don't continue to work.

i am very angry about it

I just spen 15mins typing in here then the forum said I wasnt logged in.

heres the jist of it.

Yep, I run good Hardwarwe and software and have tried all options except installing demo, not my job to solve bad software issues.

Im taking game back to supplier.

I wish yopu all luck and hope they release a patch to hlp others

Regard
    Siv

Quote Originally Posted by siv
    I just spen 15mins typing in here then the forum said I wasnt logged in.

heres the jist of it.

Yep, I run good Hardwarwe and software and have tried all options except installing demo, not my job to solve bad software issues.

Im taking game back to supplier.

I wish yopu all luck and hope they release a patch to hlp others

Regard
    Siv
    How are we supposed to try and help when we dont know your graphics card, sound card, pc type etc?

Default no patch for laptops or PC desktops

Quote Originally Posted by ntblood
    Well, eidos feedback to my support request was:
    #1) Uncheck "enable fullscreen effects" which I had already told them I had done.
    #2) revert back to catalyst driver 5.1 or 5.2 (that would be great except I know that would mean "Republic Commando" would not work anymore I know from experience and that doesn't seem to be a good answer to something that seems to need a patch seeing many radeon users are having this trouble

#3) laptops are not supported by Snowblind because: "(laptops are not supported on the game box)... they are not considered gaming systems." Well, I disagree with this as for sometime many lines of laptops have been sold with gaming in mind as a main function. So they suggest I return the game as if anyone can return an opened game to 99% of retailers as is my case.

They made no reference to any work being done on a patch to fix this issue. I was interested to see the following post in a different forum thread that I'm quoting below which suggests there is work being done to address this with a patch but I can't be sure.
    "Have you tried the demo? it has got a fix in it for the ATI cards which would be useful to know if it helps your stability.. if that works we know we on right foot for a fix for full game"

On several other boards it has been noted that EIDOS is not releasing a patch-- it appears that they have given up on the PC market. Me,well this is the last EIDOS product I'll ever buy-- damn shame, since I've really enjoyed a number of their games- but, so mote it be-- apparantly anyone who does not use a console system will be ignored--

Quote Originally Posted by rogman69
    radeon user here. please give us a time frame on patch, it's been a month!
    I was told byeidos tech support that the POWERS THAT BE have decided not to write a patch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12