Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pc dvd-rom version unplayable

Hi Everybody
    I can't even install the game. When I insert DVD into my DVD-ROM system crashes, completely, to blue DOS screen and message "physical memory dump completed".
    Never experienced problems with any games on my system.

System configuration:
    DELL Dimension XPS
    P4 HT, 3.31GHZ
    1GB RAM,
    ATI RADEON X800XT PCI Express, 256MB, CATALYST 05.3
    Win XP, Home, SP1

Quote Originally Posted by SVOY
    Hi Everybody
    I can't even install the game. When I insert DVD into my DVD-ROM system crashes, completely, to blue DOS screen and message "physical memory dump completed".

System configuration:
    DELL Dimension XPS
    P4 HT, 3.31GHZ
    1GB RAM,
    Win XP, Home, SP1
    That's not a DOS screen; it's the infamous 'Blue Screen of Death'.
    If it happens again write down the whole message (up until the 'Dump Completed' part) and search for it on Google or on the Microsoft Knowledge base and see what it returns.

Also maybe try to install it under safe mode (hit F8 before Windows loads and select 'Safe Mode').

Getting back to the topic at hand...

I had the enable fullscreen bug happen also, with a geforce fx5900 128mb, modified bios(had nothing to do with it, i guarantee), the game works with fulscreen fx disabled, and im going to try the beta driver update right now...

Default I can't even run it.

Okay, I'm using my DVD-Rom drive, I have installed it with it, but now when I try to run it.... It says "Original CD Cannot be Authenticated or found". I have restarted computer and everything, and it still states this.

Please fix this.

Default Well...

I had that same problem.

Do you have more than one DVD rom drive?

I have two, and I had to make sure I put the DVD in the exact same drive I installed it from.

Default problem with ambush

I am having a problem with the 3rd level ambush. its almost like it dosnt have any texture on it at all and when I play online i have the smae problem with that level also. Every other location works fine.

Default Same Drive

It is the same drive, I installed it fine, put it in the same drive and nothing, when I get back today im gonna check if the reinstalling it this morning fixed the issue, but as it is now, it doesn't read it as the original disc.

Such a heartbreaker since i got it for my birthday, probably gonna have to return it and claim it as defective.

Im not sure but it may have to do with the drive itself, but this is the only thing it has not even worked for. it is a DVD/CD RW Drive. But as I said it installed it fine, just whenever I hit the shortcut to play it gives that error, also when you click play from autorun it does nothing.

I hate to ask this Munkee, but have you given tech support a ring? I know CS reads this forum, but it may help to talk to someone whom you can walk through the problem and who will try to fix it for ya.
    "Happiness requires freedom, and freedom requires courage."

-Pericles

Default Probably gonna just return it.

Frankly I think it's just the Security on the DVD, cause it's the only game EVER to give me this issue, also the general concensus I am getting from my Cousin who works for a game company. Seriously sounding like "Securom 7.0", which I believe correctly is what this game is using is at fault. I got it to the Menu of the game today after reinstalling, and got to hit "Singleplayer" and it dumps me back out and reads the CD and says the same error: "Cannot Authenticate CD or Find it". Now after a few times of that, i'm back to square one, no load, screams error.

Also when hitting "Play" or "Setup" through autorun it doesn't even load...

::shrug::

Probably just gonna return it. I have tried everything from, restarting computer, reinstalling twice(First Reinstall got me to the problem listed above), using the fix listed that details messing with the registry. All of which have not fixed this issue.

P.S. I wanna give another option a try, do you happen to have the Email Address for Securom? See if I can get a fixed exe see if that is the issue.
    Last edited by Munkee1017; 04-04-2005 at 12:21 PM.

The problem you are experiencing is due to the game’s SecuRom copy protection. I want you to produce an analysis file. In order to generate the analysis file of an attempted software launch for SecuRom to evaluate, please do the following:

1) Place the original Project: Snowblind disc in your DVD-Rom.
    2) Re-boot the computer.
    3) Open My Computer, C: Drive, Program Files, and open the Project: Snowblind folder. Right-click on the Snowblind.exe file.
    4) Choose "Launch Analysis" from the choices and left-click.
    5) A disclaimer window will appear.
    6) To proceed, please click on the "Yes" button.
    7) The application will now generate an "AnalysisLog.sr0" file within the root of your hard drive.
    8) Please "zip" the file (to avoid email corruption) and e-mail it to Support@securom.com with the subject line "Analysis file for evaluation." You can use the Windows XP compress/zip utility to zip the file. Simply right-click on the file, and left click "Send To", and left-click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".

SecuRom will check the Analysis file and notify you of the results.

I really don't like "passing the buck" onto another company, but in the case of SecuRom related problems, I don't have a chioce. The folks at SecuRom are the only ones who can fix this problem.

~A very frustrated Jebus

Quote Originally Posted by SVOY
    Hi Everybody

System configuration:
    DELL Dimension XPS
    P4 HT, 3.31GHZ
    1GB RAM,
    Win XP, Home, SP1
    Thanks to AstroCreep for a piece of advice on 'Blue Screen of Death'.

I figured it out and now the game works perfect (I was going to return it at first):

Here is my experience in case it might help somebody:

First, I discovered that game DVD’s autoplay conflicts with a part of DVD recording software Sonic DLA (part of Sonic RecordNow v7.1 LE), that was the reason for 'Blue Screen of Death'. After uninstalling that, DVD came to life and the game installed successfully. The game launched normally, game play was smooth and agile but the colors were in MONOCHROME, wired shades of brown. Never saw anything like that before.
    Tried different versions of drivers for my RODEON – nothing, updated Windows to SP 2 – nothing, installed DirectX 9.0 from the game DVD – zilch.
    Actually, the very first thing I did was installing latest video drivers – CATALIST 05.3, but when I did that I was fast and careless, in the end (fed up with tinkering and ready to go back to Future Store) I reinstalled latest drivers once more. This time I followed all the instructions in the driver’s documentation (i.e. uninstalled previous drivers, some other hints) and the game worked!
    So far I am on 3rd save in Ambush – game settings on full maximum, Fullscreen Effects – ON, Field Depth –ON, 1024x768, 8xAnisotropic Filtering and so far not a single crash, normal colors, frame rate feels well over 60.

Overall the game (what I saw until now) is very cool. May be can’t be compared with masterpieces like HL 2 but very, very cool. Possibly, like it was mentioned on this forum many a time, it just was not quite ready for PC release and requires serious patching.

Good luck to all.

Default Thanks

I have sent it in, in the fashion you described, may I ask how long it takes usually for a response?

Thanks again Jebus(Amazingly this doesn't feel weird typing ).

Cool Maybe it's just Me

The very first post in this thred described exactly what happens when I try to run the game. Jerky,slow and definitly unplayable. I've tried every Nvidia related driver discussed in this thread and nothing helped. I know my video card is a little old (GeForce4 Ti 4600) but it's never given me any problem with hundreds of other games. This is so frustrating!! Got it for my birthday last week and was anticipating some real fragging fun as soon as I completed
    D3:Resurection of Evil. Finished today,installed PS and this crap happens...
    ruined my whole birthday buzz!

Talking moktoman's Official PS Help Guide for Nvidia Users

I have dealt with Eidos tech support and tried everything to get this game to work on my PC (Pentium 4, 2.8 ghz, w/ Hyperthreading, Nvidia Geforce FX 5200, 1024mb ram, Windows XP Home SP1...), and have succeeded (sort of - reduced crash rate substantially.).
    This post includes all of the troubleshooting tips I have been given by tech support and all those that I've devised myself for the two most commonly reported problems with Project Snowblind (PC Version).
    Obviously, none of it is guaranteed, but I do what I can...
    (in this case because I hating buying games that don't work...)

1) For Game Crashes:

- Update your drivers (Nvidia) to the newest possible, and try the BETA drivers (76.41) or higher (if available) found at 3DGuru.com.

- Disable 'full screen effects' in the setup menu.

- Lower game resolution to 1024x768 if it is any higher, via the setup menu.

- Set the game executable to run in compatibility mode for Windows 2000.
    (right click on exe, choose properties > Compatibility > check "run this program in compatibility mode for" then choose "Windows 2000")

- Shutdown all unneccesary programs before playing the game.

- Defrag your harddrive if neccessary.

- Update sound and motherboard drivers if applicable.

2) For DVD "Securom" Issues:

- Check DVD for scratches or imperfections that may have caused a corrupted installation or read error (Duh!)

- Reinstall the game, then keep the DVD in the same DVD drive (if you have more than one) you installed from, to play the game.

- Return game to store, claiming a disc defect, and acquire another copy.

- Search for a DVD crack using Google (this is a last resort, and one that I do not condone by any means because it is probably illegal or something, but you may have to do what you have to do...) to bypass.

- That's about it!

Hope this helps!

- moktoman

PS - If this post needs to relocated, somebody please let me know! Thanks!

Question Weird Graphic Bug...

I finally got the game working pretty good on my system.
    But when I reached the "Vengeance" level, I encountered a fuzzy haze that completely covers the screen, and blurs the entire picture.
    I can still play, but everything is darker and barely visible. The haze resembles "snow" (except darker and grayer) as you would see on a TV... I know the game is called snowblind, but I do not want to play it if I am actually blinded by snow!

Anybody else having this problem?
    I hope it was not intended to be played this way!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by luckybob241
    I am having a problem with the 3rd level ambush. its almost like it dosnt have any texture on it at all and when I play online i have the smae problem with that level also. Every other location works fine.
    Having the same problem it also happens at ASSAULT mission too PLZ HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Munkee1017
    Frankly I think it's just the Security on the DVD, cause it's the only game EVER to give me this issue, also the general concensus I am getting from my Cousin who works for a game company. Seriously sounding like "Securom 7.0", which I believe correctly is what this game is using is at fault. I got it to the Menu of the game today after reinstalling, and got to hit "Singleplayer" and it dumps me back out and reads the CD and says the same error: "Cannot Authenticate CD or Find it". Now after a few times of that, i'm back to square one, no load, screams error.

Also when hitting "Play" or "Setup" through autorun it doesn't even load...

::shrug::

Probably just gonna return it. I have tried everything from, restarting computer, reinstalling twice(First Reinstall got me to the problem listed above), using the fix listed that details messing with the registry. All of which have not fixed this issue.

P.S. I wanna give another option a try, do you happen to have the Email Address for Securom? See if I can get a fixed exe see if that is the issue.

I've experienced whatever you had experienced. It's real frustrating man!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12