Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Report Problems Here...

Default Error message.

Quote Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    Do you get a error message when it crashes?

Here's the error message that I get:

Exception at: 13/04/2005 at 04:11:10
    Exception code: Access violation (c0000005): (Write to address: 0x02862250)
    Exception address: 0x4fe7725b

CPU info:
    ---------
    EAX = 0x00000090
    EBX = 0x01923d80
    ECX = 0x00000024
    EDX = 0x01938724
    ESI = 0x0032f284
    EDI = 0x02862250
    EIP = 0x4fe7725b
    ESP = 0x0032f1cc
    EBP = 0x0032f1fc

I've posted it before, but I hope this helps.

Smoker

Rolleyes I'll be bowing when the crashing is fixed with a patch

The problem is not solved because you lucked out and it didn't crash (once again) before the next save point. Keep holding your breath. I've found there to be no point to play the game until it's fixed. Sure I can play it for awhile but it will crash and likely before a save point.
    As Smoker 6 pointed out in another thread: "Just so you know, my PC is a P4 3.2G with 1G of RAM and a Nvidia 6800 PCI Express, and it STILL randomly crashes. It's not my PC. It's the game."
    Last edited by ntblood; 04-20-2005 at 12:04 AM.

Default Game won't start

I've just installed the game twice.....and when I try to play it says:

Can't locate or authenticate original disc

It's the same disc I used to install it with?

the read me file said download the patch from the website,

I couldn't find a patch to down load there.

Help!

Thanks, Jmt

Rolleyes not impressed so far

Well what can I say, what I saw in screenshots, and in magazines, is nothing like what I got when I purchased this game. I just dont get it. First stuttering static like sound, then poor performance, an now to top it off, I install the new drivers, and it lock up when I start the game. I have had the game for a while now, and I havent seen or heard of any talk of a patch or anything, the FAQ for this game hasnt been updated at all, and what is with the game kicking the brightness up just before it launches the game?

I dont like the way this is looking already. Please dont tell me this is going to be another Tribes Vengeance. Please tell me this isnt going straight to abandonware this quickly. If anyone has any ideas on what IS going on let me know.

AthlonDude

athlon XP 3000+
    1GB crucial Ram
    AK77-600N Mainboard (latest drivers)
    SoundBlaster Audigy (latest drivers)
    Geforce 6800 128 mb ram (latest drivers)
    Windows XP Home edition Service Pack 2 (windows entirely updated)

oh and by the way, I paid 40 bucks for this game, and I do reserve the right to complain about its shortcomings.

Default Unable to Authenticate...

I just purchased and installed Snowblind for PC. The game will not start. I receive the "Unable to Authenticate original disk within time limit" error. It is an original disk. Is there a way to correct? Patch? I meet all system requirements. I ran the "Launch Analysis". What should I do next.
    Thanks

I wouldn't worry about it anymore. The window for patching the game so that people take notice and an online community forming is nearly gone.

GG Eidos. Thanks a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by athlondude

Well what can I say, what I saw in screenshots, and in magazines, is nothing like what I got when I purchased this game. I just dont get it. First stuttering static like sound, then poor performance, an now to top it off, I install the new drivers, and it lock up when I start the game. I have had the game for a while now, and I havent seen or heard of any talk of a patch or anything, the FAQ for this game hasnt been updated at all, and what is with the game kicking the brightness up just before it launches the game?

I dont like the way this is looking already. Please dont tell me this is going to be another Tribes Vengeance. Please tell me this isnt going straight to abandonware this quickly. If anyone has any ideas on what IS going on let me know.

AthlonDude

athlon XP 3000+
    1GB crucial Ram
    AK77-600N Mainboard (latest drivers)
    SoundBlaster Audigy (latest drivers)
    Geforce 6800 128 mb ram (latest drivers)
    Windows XP Home edition Service Pack 2 (windows entirely updated)

oh and by the way, I paid 40 bucks for this game, and I do reserve the right to complain about its shortcomings.
    Are you using the 71.89 official drivers?

Are you using the VIA Hyperion 4-in-1's 4.56?

What is your AGP Aperture setting in the BIOS?

Do you have Fast Writes on?

What AGP speed are you running at?

Did you uninstall your video drivers first then reboot and install new drivers?

Have you had problems with any other games?

For the people having problems with the game starting, you need to contact support@securerom.com

from what I have heard is that copy protection sometimes conflict with 3rd Party system DLLs and that causes these problems.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Lotto
    Are you using the 71.89 official drivers?

Are you using the VIA Hyperion 4-in-1's 4.56?

What is your AGP Aperture setting in the BIOS?

Do you have Fast Writes on?

What AGP speed are you running at?

Did you uninstall your video drivers first then reboot and install new drivers?

Have you had problems with any other games?

For the people having problems with the game starting, you need to contact support@securerom.com

from what I have heard is that copy protection sometimes conflict with 3rd Party system DLLs and that causes these problems.

Well I HAD done all that, but was not aware of the new video drivers released last week, so am downloading them now. Other than that everything else is square, and I have NO other problems with any other games what so ever. Hopefully these new drivers fix it once and for all.

Default New Crash problem

Single Player. Can't remember the exact title of the game chapter, but it is the part right after Frost has spoken to the general and keyed the self destruct sequence. The next section begins with one of Frost's colleagues saying 'we left some bad guys for you.' Frost is trying to escape a room and cross the courtyard full of Republic soldiers. Just past the courtyard, the crash occured with the following references.

"A fatal error has occurred while playing Snowblind. Please refer to the Read Me for information that might help you solve this problem, or contact Eidos customer support."
    It went on to say the following:

"Exception at: 23/04/2005 at 17:29:07
    Exception code: Access violation (c0000005): (Write to address: 0x1f8f1000)
    Exception address: 0x00f5a608

CPU info:
    ---------
    EAX = 0x1f8edd88
    EBX = 0x01979f40
    ECX = 0x00003508
    EDX = 0x00010698
    ESI = 0x052b1eb8
    EDI = 0x1f8f1000
    EIP = 0x00f5a608
    ESP = 0x0032ee04
    EBP = 0x052c26d0"

My rig is an Intel P4C 3.4, no overclocking. Has 2Gb of DDR400 RAM, uses ASUSTek P4S800 mobo, ATi Radeon Pro 9800 A-I-W video card. Drivers are up to date.

Whatever help you can provide on this will be appreciated because I found this segment especially challengng and was just about to get through it when this crash occurred.

Update. Two saves past the last crash. Intense, sweaty under arms firefights. I'm starting to wonder about all of the complaints against this game. Personally, I'm having a blast...uh, so to speak.

Okay, this is becoming a challenge now, defeating the Republic AND getting as far as possible before the next crash. Four more save points to "Rescue" and then a crash right after the fourth new save. Those I don't mind so much.

Update: the following day. No crashes at all today, very enjoyable playing tme.
    Last edited by Raven5655; 04-24-2005 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Updating

Default Won't start Fix.

Eidos sent me this and it fixed my problem, still crashes though.

Thank you for your message. Follow the links below to download an updated
    version of the Project: Snowblind executable files. They were released by
    SecuRom to fix many problems people are having, and they may fix the problem you
    are seeing. The files you are downloading will be in zipped or compressed
    format. You will need to unzip/decompress them before you can copy them into the
    Project: Snowblind folder. Download all 3 files to your Windows Desktop. Once
    they have been downloaded, double click on each zipped folder and click on
    “extract all files” located in the left hand column. Click on Next, then click
    Browse and double click on “Desktop”. Click OK, then click on Next. The file
    should be extracted to your desktop and placed in a Snowblind folder. Make sure
    the “Show Extracted Files” box is not checked, then click on Finish. Repeat for
    all 3 downloaded files. Close any windows you have open, then look on the
    desktop for the Snowblind folders. Open it and right-click on the Snowblind.exe
    file, left-click on Copy. Then open My Computer> C: Drive> Program Files> and
    open the Project: Snowblind folder. Click on Edit and click on Paste. Repeat for
    the Snowblind.sp and Snowblind.mp files. You should see a window appear saying
    the folder already contains a file with that name, and asks if you wish to
    replace the existing file. Click YES to proceed, then start the game using the
    Windows Start menu. The game should now work.

http://www.securom.com/support/custo.../snowblind.zip
    http://www.securom.com/support/custo...owblind_sp.zip
    http://www.securom.com/support/custo...owblind_mp.zip

Default cant get the game to start

game wont start all others from eideos work whats the problem or is there a patch

Question Snowblind Error

Single player error. PC DVD-ROM edition. Played on a Dell Dimension 4550 1024 MB DDR RAM 2.53 GHz Pentium 4 XP PRO SP2 Nvidia GeForce FX 5700 256 MB DDR RAM.
    I keep getting the following error everytime I try to restart the game after being killed.
    Exception code: Access violation(c0000005) (write to address: 0x179c10000)
    Exception address: 0x00f5a608
    CPU Info:
    EAX=0x179bdd88
    EBX=0x193ba20
    ECX=0x00003508
    EDX=ox00010698
    ESI=0x0597c2a8
    EDI=0x179c1000
    EIP=0x00f5a608
    ESP=0x0032ee04
    EBP=0x0598cac0
    This error started on the second part of the breakout level.

Rolleyes Games does not recognize my keyboard

I just installed my game last night, and as I was about to play, I found myself "frozen". I was unable to move around, although I could fire my weapon, using my mouse. Any suggestions?

Just so you know:
    I have a Dell, with a 3.2G Hyperthreading Pentium 4
    Nvidia Geforce 5200 Graphics card (latest Drivers, I checked)
    2G of ram
    DirectX 9c

Default Cant join certain games

I have a P4 3.4 g with 1 g of ram and suffer from those desktop crashes with the soud loop. But I have played the game in multiplayer for some time none the less. One problem I have found is that certain games I cant join. I have noticed that when the player F22raptorpilot is in a game, I cant join it. It comes up red. I have him as a friend, and even from the Friends menu the game wont let me join the match. Only when he has left the game am I able to join. What could be the reason for this?

S60R

'hey i just saw your post in eidos forum and i wanted to say yes i was having the same problem, but if you could plz post for me that i have a bellsouth 100mbps woreless connection, please. '

Posted by F22raptorpilot on the eN forums, guess his confirmation email is playing up

Yea, I use a cable connection called Road Runner. Generally between 2 and 3 mbps.

Yes I beleive that is the main problem with SnowBlind. Stupid Securom is really screwing up everything and I think that is what was cause everyone's problem. I found afix to get it started on another site inwhich I will not post here that fix the locking up of my computer. Ben playing the game at 1024x768 and I have not had a crash yet. I had a simular problem with Legos Starwars.

System specs
    Athlon xp 2500+(Barton)
    1gig pc3200 Generic
    2 40g Maxtor DX740
    Turtle Beach santa Cruz sound card
    Asrock K7S8XE
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128meg

As you can see some of my parts are cheap but they run everything form HL2 to Doom3 with no problems and I have all the latest drivers install includeing the CAT drivers as well. So I believe that the Securom anti copying determent is what really causing all the problems that yall are having. I mean they would have not given Jmt that link to fix a screw up that they did.

Oh and just to let you know I paid 19.95 US for the game at the local Walmart I think when it first came out it was a little more but I am not sure.

Also it is a really pretty game too.
    Last edited by lostinms; 06-04-2005 at 11:41 PM.

Default I Got A Prob

This stupid game dosnt work online it says the same games for the last two days then says failed to join game I just got this game and was exicted to play online this stinks !

Quote Originally Posted by blalalalla
    This stupid game dosnt work online it says the same games for the last two days then says failed to join game I just got this game and was exicted to play online this stinks !
    its not usually like this. About 2 days ago the servers crashed VERY hard. Im not sure whats being done to fix it.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by LEXmonkey
    its not usually like this. About 2 days ago the servers crashed VERY hard. Im not sure whats being done to fix it.
    According to the word on the street, Crystal Dynamics is working on a patch. Let's hope they get it up and running soon!

Default ps2 server

the ps2 US server is acting up again. It just had a network error and trapped 3 ppl that i know of s/n online. 2nd time this week this has ben happening. i dont think the restart is helping alot....hurry!!

can someone please logg off my name!?!?!?!??! Its mari0 - hes stuck in the server named mari0...i want to play with him. PS2 n america server

To be short, my problem is this. http://img330.imageshack.us/img330/6701/weirdish5zl.jpg

All text in the game is corrupted, and completely unreadable. Any idea why this is happening? I have an old radeon 9200, with second newest Catalyst.

Unhappy Could not connect to online servers PS2

I try to log in and I get this message:
    Login failed. Could not connect to online service. Servers may be down. Please try again later.See www.projectsnowblind for scheduled maintenance.
    This happens everytime I've tried to get on this week and it used to work fine before.

I just got the game for 4.85$ (new and unopened) today, and I really think it's a cool game..
    But I have a small problem that is:

My system looks like this:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: Danish)
    System Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
    Memory: 2046MB RAM
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT (SLi Dual)
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 7800 GT
    Display Memory: 256.0 MB
    Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.0010.7801 (English)

My problem is, when I play the game, it runs fine... But after 10-20 mins of playing it exits without any error...
    Is this a driver problem or a Dual core problem?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast