Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Report Problems Here...

A CRC error (Cyclic Redundency Check) is usually attributed to corrupted media. Basically, you probably have a bad disk. Try swapping it for another copy from the retail store and install of the new disk. It should work.

~Jebus

Default Game startup problem

Game installs ok. Run game and during DVD drive read receive "Project Snowblind Emulator detected! Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software." First time ever to see this one. Have no cue as to what this alert is or how to do what it requires. Any ideas?
    1.8Ghz P4, 500MB+RAM, 8xDVD drive, 160MB HD.

Default PS2 problems

On the PS2, when the host leaves the game, the comms stop working for the team that the host was on. The comms continue to work fine on the other team.

Default nvidia drivers 71.84 don't work. try 66.93.

on the pc version, whenever i have nvidia drivers 71.84 installed, the menu takes forever to render and usually crashes. When i use nvidia drivers 66.93 everything runs nicely.

OK, new problem:
    i cant change the settings at all. when i insert the dvd, the menu screen comes up via autorun. when i click settings (or play for that matter) the screen closes. and thats it. i can run the game from the icon. the ingame settings are not what im looking for. i need to modify the display, etc because the game is running like crap. it only asked me one time to input the settings when i first started the game and i have no idea how to get em back. bogus. anyone else had this problem and fixed it? thanks

Default Game staup problem - revised

Game installs ok. Run game and during DVD drive read receive "Project Snowblind Emulator detected! Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software." First time ever to see this one. Have no cue as to what this alert is or how to do what it requires. Any ideas?

Removed cd/dvd copy programs from system and still recieve message. Problem is somewhere else.

Unhappy ATI 9600 Game Crashes!

I have a radeon 9600 with the latest catalyst driver and this game keeps on crashing about 5-10 minutes into it. Win XP pro directX 9.0c I already tried unchecking "enable full screen affects" but that didn't help. When will there be a patch fixing this issue? Thank you. Nathaniel

I've had similar issues with the game crashing during play for no apparent reason. I disabled fullscreen effects during setup which helped this problem has'nt crashed on me since but i have'nt finished playing the missions yet.

The other problem is i cannot run setup if the game has already been installed. I have to uninstall the game to be able to run the setup menu someone please fix this.

Also i've not found away to totally disable the music even in the game options. The music is really annoying & i'd rather just use the sound effects.

I use a ATI radeon 9800 pro with latest drivers.

Rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by ntblood
    I have a radeon 9600 with the latest catalyst driver and this game keeps on crashing about 5-10 minutes into it. Win XP pro directX 9.0c I already tried unchecking "enable full screen affects" but that didn't help. When will there be a patch fixing this issue? Thank you. Nathaniel
    Same here. Latest drivers, BIOS versions, blah blah blah. I've played Doom III, Half-Life 2, Chronicles of Rid, and a dozen other recent games and NONE OF THEM CRASHED. It's not a driver problem, it's a BUG.

FIX IT.

Unhappy UAServices7.exe

after installing the DVD version of the game, I try to run it, however my mouse cursor simply turn to a hourglas for a sec or two, then nothing.
    I can't even go into the setup function, after running autorun from disc.

I have read about dics protection problems here on the forum, and have tried to find UAServices7.exe manually and by XP's seach, both under C: and more specific C:\Windows\system32...nothing. I can't find anything about SECUROM on my HD.

I use a iomega external CD-RW/DVD-ROM usb (installed by XP automatically)

P4 2,4GHz
    XP SP 2
    RAM 512mb
    GF4 Ti 4200

HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by mnetarver
    Removed cd/dvd copy programs from computer and I still recieve message above. What is emulation software?

Quote Originally Posted by mnetarver
    Removed cd/dvd copy programs from computer and I still recieve message above. What is emulation software?
    This is to you and corship

Right click on the exe/shortcut and select launch analysis. This will go through a diagnostic routine and guide you til its finished and created a log file. Zip this file up (important you do this) and email it to me at discanalysis@eidos.co.uk - explain that i told u to do this from this posting (as i get many mails so need to know which game it is etc) i will get the log analysed and hopefully get a resolution to you asap.

Cheers
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1255523/ <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Default Radeon game crashes

Well, eidos feedback to my support request was:
    #1) Uncheck "enable fullscreen effects" which I had already told them I had done.
    #2) revert back to catalyst driver 5.1 or 5.2 (that would be great except I know that would mean "Republic Commando" would not work anymore I know from experience and that doesn't seem to be a good answer to something that seems to need a patch seeing many radeon users are having this trouble

#3) laptops are not supported by Snowblind because: "(laptops are not supported on the game box)... they are not considered gaming systems." Well, I disagree with this as for sometime many lines of laptops have been sold with gaming in mind as a main function. So they suggest I return the game as if anyone can return an opened game to 99% of retailers as is my case.

They made no reference to any work being done on a patch to fix this issue. I was interested to see the following post in a different forum thread that I'm quoting below which suggests there is work being done to address this with a patch but I can't be sure.
    "Have you tried the demo? it has got a fix in it for the ATI cards which would be useful to know if it helps your stability.. if that works we know we on right foot for a fix for full game"
    Last edited by ntblood; 04-13-2005 at 07:54 AM. Reason: addition

Default A little Info on a Patch

I got this info from a Eidos support tech.:
    "Thank you for your message. I've been told Crystal Dynamics is working on a patch, but as to what exactly it will fix, I have no idea. It's possible the problem could fixed in the next ATI driver release as well."
    Thought I'd share. -N

Thumbs up SecuROM

SecuROM's support is taking care of my launch issues, they said that a unknown .dll file is interfering. I have run 3 test programs emailed to me from them and they seem to be able to help. 3 new test files, one of them a new game launcher was sent to me, and I got the game to launch properly, and it runs well, fullscreen and everything.
    I expect to get the non-test files soon.

However there seems to be "mouselag" much like Deus Ex: IW, anyway to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Corship
    SecuROM's support is taking care of my launch issues, they said that a unknown .dll file is interfering. I have run 3 test programs emailed to me from them and they seem to be able to help. 3 new test files, one of them a new game launcher was sent to me, and I got the game to launch properly, and it runs well, fullscreen and everything.
    I expect to get the non-test files soon.

However there seems to be "mouselag" much like Deus Ex: IW, anyway to fix this?
    Did you contact them directly? or via the eidos.co.uk email address?

Thumbs up support

Directly, one of the moderators told another person to send his analysis file in for evaluation. Since I couldn't even get the game to start up, not even the setup, I figured it had something to do with the security in the game.
    note! demo didnt work for me either.

I am still not sure if the bug has to do with SecuROM or Crystal Dynamics, but SecuROM helped so...

I used the mail add. support@securom.com
    The hompage tells of more lokal add., but I didn't bother with that, I think it was directed to a european division anyway.

kudos for making that launch analysis program CD, never had use for it in the LOK series, but it helped this time.

Exclamation followup, on previous post

Oh and the mouse lag isn't so bad, as in DE: IW, because you can actually get used to it after 30 min (I use sensetivity 30-40 something). However it does feel a bit like...hmm.
    Well like when you configuer you mouse under controlpanel, to not use enhanced accuracy (translate from danish), suppose its like I am missing the "mouse smoothing", some other games offer.

Who knows, maybe its part of the MP balance, so that snipers don't have it to easy

I hate snipers

Quote Originally Posted by Corship
    Directly, one of the moderators told another person to send his analysis file in for evaluation. Since I couldn't even get the game to start up, not even the setup, I figured it had something to do with the security in the game.
    note! demo didnt work for me either.

I am still not sure if the bug has to do with SecuROM or Crystal Dynamics, but SecuROM helped so...

I used the mail add. support@securom.com
    The hompage tells of more lokal add., but I didn't bother with that, I think it was directed to a european division anyway.

kudos for making that launch analysis program CD, never had use for it in the LOK series, but it helped this time.
    Glad it helped..

Unhappy Frequent crashes...stuttering sound

As a big fan of Deus Ex and DEIW, I'm enjoying the game immensely, but there have already been several crashes, most of them occurring during the objective of taking out the rail guns.
    Surprisingly, these crashes are not occurring during visually challenging parts of the game, i.e. not a lot of light and shadow variations, and not during a firefight with explosions or movements by several soldiers and vehicles. Usually, it's when I'm slowly sneaking up on someone or quickly cycling through my list of weapons using the tab function.
    My system has been loaded with fully up to date drivers and should be more than adequate. It's a P4C 3.4 w/2Gb of DDR400 RAM with 80gig, 250 gig and 400 gig hard drives and I'm using an ATi Radeon Pro 9800 all-in-wonder, a Saitek gaming keyboard and a Logitech MX-510 performance mouse. Virtually everything in the game is set at default levels, with the one exception of playing the game at 1024x768, and at a very reasonable (i.e. pretty darn slow) frame rate of 60.
    Getting to be a little frustrating because you have to cover far more ground and confront more Republic soldiers as well as bots and turrets than in earlier rounds (and do it alone) before you reach the next save point.
    I'll be starting all over again for the third time. Any advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated. In fact, I'll wait to hear from you before continuing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven5655
    As a big fan of Deus Ex and DEIW, I'm enjoying the game immensely, but there have already been several crashes, most of them occurring during the objective of taking out the rail guns.
    Surprisingly, these crashes are not occurring during visually challenging parts of the game, i.e. not a lot of light and shadow variations, and not during a firefight with explosions or movements by several soldiers and vehicles. Usually, it's when I'm slowly sneaking up on someone or quickly cycling through my list of weapons using the tab function.
    My system has been loaded with fully up to date drivers and should be more than adequate. It's a P4C 3.4 w/2Gb of DDR400 RAM with 80gig, 250 gig and 400 gig hard drives and I'm using an ATi Radeon Pro 9800 all-in-wonder, a Saitek gaming keyboard and a Logitech MX-510 performance mouse. Virtually everything in the game is set at default levels, with the one exception of playing the game at 1024x768, and at a very reasonable (i.e. pretty darn slow) frame rate of 60.
    Getting to be a little frustrating because you have to cover far more ground and confront more Republic soldiers as well as bots and turrets than in earlier rounds (and do it alone) before you reach the next save point.
    I'll be starting all over again for the third time. Any advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated. In fact, I'll wait to hear from you before continuing.

Do you get a error message when it crashes?

Hmm 60 FPS slow? the human eye only sees 24 (unless i was lied to at school hehe) - i use to love the whole quake/doom arguments about 100+fps being a requirement

Default Frequent crashes...stuttering sound

Yeah, 60 seems fine actually. But I was wondering what a higher frame rate would look like. Unfortunately, there is nothing describing any fault in the game software. The only screen that comes up is that Microsoft windows screen that asks if you would like to report an error.
    By the way, this is single player, first time playng the game.
    I am about to try the level again and will be careful to record what happens, if I do get an error screen.
    Last edited by Raven5655; 04-17-2005 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven5655
    Yeah, 60 seems fine actually. But I was wondering what a higher frame rate would look like. Unfortunately, there is nothing describing any fault in the game software. The only screen that comes up is that Microsoft windows screen that asks if you would like to report an error.
    By the way, this is single player, first time playng the game.
    I am about to try the level again and will be careful to record what happens, if I do get an error screen.
    Cheers appreciate your help on this

Default Frequent crashes...stuttering sound

Made it through to the next save point without any troubles.
    Also, it's too bad the emoticons are so limited here, or I would lay out a row of bowing 'We're not worthy' smilies. Impressive that someone with your gaming industry credentials is around to answer questions.
    Last edited by Raven5655; 04-17-2005 at 06:52 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast