Thread: Not again!!!

Rolleyes Not again!!!

Hi Guys! Alittle while ago I bought Thief Gold to see what the difference was between it and the original. I got to play up to a certain level but I got a new computer and had to install it again but it won't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I'm so angery!!! Please help me!!
    I have a Windows XP and it says when I try to install it This product cannot be installed on Windows NT due to Microsoft DirectX (tm) limitations.
    Thanks!!!
    Your most non-smart-about-computers-person-alive,
    Elizabeth

Try this from TTLG's Thief FAQ.

In addition to installing with -lgntforce, you may later find that there is a texture error problem with recent nvidia drivers, if you should happen to have an nvidia graphics card. Ways to fix this and other problems are explained in the FAQ that DJC linked to above.

Default Re: Thanks

You guys rock. Just flat out you rock. Thanks for the help!
    ~Elizabeth

Default Cut Sceens

Hey all,
    Just a bit of a problem with Thief 1 and 2. I can't get the cut sceens to work at all. I tried all of the fixxes in the TTLG, but nothing has worked. My video card could be the problem however. I am running an Nvidia GeForce FX 6800GT. It rocks with Thief TDS, but I think the drivers have issues with Thief 1 and 2. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You should start your own thread, jhook. This one is about someone else's problem, unrelated to yours.

Thanks, Elizabeth. We aim to please, and it is nice to get some positive feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Smith
    You should start your own thread, jhook. This one is about someone else's problem, unrelated to yours.

Thanks, Elizabeth. We aim to please, and it is nice to get some positive feedback.
    Sorry Pete, I got the originals running on a Dual Core. Learned some great tricks. I will post a new thread if anyone has problems.