Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looks like there will be a third Tomb Raider movie

Default While we wait for TR3...

Watch Tears of the Dragon online and get your Tomb Raider fix.

Quote Originally Posted by NRNR View Post
    Okay, so in my mind, AJ is the only Croft...
    I agree, she IS Lara. ANGIE rules!

Happy Halloween,
    ~ Valerie

Okay, so her fiancée, her parents (and according to what you know, comics or games maybe her butler, but I don't buy that for this one) and herself take a plane ride to the mountains. The Himiylayyas (I don’t care how to spell Himalayas, I am on a roll) and wouldn't you know it, BAM, engine failure, plane crashes, Lara goes blacks out, when she comes to, everyone is dead. Dead. Here she is, all alone, everything taken away all at once, lost and scared in the Himi----ummm, the mountains.
    The "director" sounds like a 14-yr old...

Also there's only one Lara in this world. Unless this film is labeled another pointless fanfilm, Eidos won't let it fly. Do you really think they'd allow a group of amateurs with a camera to make money off their franchise icon?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Mazda View Post
    The "director" sounds like a 14-yr old...

Also there's only one Lara in this world. Unless this film is labeled another pointless fanfilm, Eidos won't let it fly. Do you really think they'd allow a group of amateurs with a camera to make money off their franchise icon?
    Wrong!

I sound like I'm "15" going on 30 thank you very much!

I don't think the flick was very pointless at all considering that not only were we the first Tomb Raider fan film to do something on this level, but Edios very much knows about us "amateurs" with a camera, and is hugely supportive of it. Not only did we get to tour their offices while up in San Francisco and talk to a lot of people there, but they sent an official representative to the premiere.

I may be an "amateur" but, I'm also a Tomb Raider FAN and have been since Day One. This flick can't take money away because the flick is purely non-profit and for fun.

Feel free to check it out at www.tearsofthedragon.org/film

And if you still don't dig the flick, that's quite all right, thanks for watching anyway!

Nick

Well that's my point, there's no way anyone can turn profit from a fanfilm.

I'm still waiting for Angelina to go ahead with the real thing though ;]

Good luck with the project anyways.

Smile

I think that this film is very creative & its production & style is done amazingly well! I've really enjoyed what I've seen so far & I salut the creators. I really enjoy seeing Tomb Raider fans creative efforts & this project is of highest standered.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123