Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having difficulty starting the game?? Read this

Default Having difficulty starting the game?? Read this

Have had a few helpful users send me some diagnostic information created by ShellShock in event of a problem starting.

The program causing the problem is Sonic DLA, this program blocks the general drive communication that is necessary for SecuROM to function correctly. People having issues should try the following (this is direct from SecuROM support team)

Bring up a command prompt (cmd)
    type dla disable d: where D is your drive letter (change to correct letter)

This only disables the element of Sonic DLA that clashes with SecuROM. It wont stop program functioning normally.

Greetings all,

Just a quick question. Has anybody tried using this solution to get around SecuRom related issues? I'm curious to see how many people it has worked for. Thanks.

Dismissed. ::Salutes::

~The Jebus

i tried it it didnt work for me
    i still cant get the game to start.
    after all has been installed i hit the play button andthe hourglass comes on for about 2 seconds then goes off.

help!!

Originally posted by clydester
    i tried it it didnt work for me
    i still cant get the game to start.
    after all has been installed i hit the play button andthe hourglass comes on for about 2 seconds then goes off.

help!!
    Could you run the `Launch Analysis` option please - Right click on the exe in the installation folder, and select the option and follow on screen prompts.. Then PM me and i'll get in touch about checking whats causing the problem.

sorry .. wrong thread
    Last edited by leftnutrzr; 10-09-2004 at 01:46 PM.

Default Tied it it didnt work for me, either.

Problem is I launch the game, cursor turns into spinning cd and then nothing, nothing at all happens after that....grrr!

Wink ShellShock won't start

It seems that Shell Shock does not like desk top resolution above 800x600, after 2 hours of trying to find the problem I tried lowering resolution on the desk top and the game started normally, so this might be worth a try. jakesr

I have a desktop resolution of 1600x1200, and i can play it fine.

It probably comes down to graphics card, desktop color depth etc.

Default so many problems....

has anyone actually been able to put the game in thier pc and play it? i am having those stupid "unable to authenticate" problems too. i have only been able to get it to run one time and i have tried everything i have read. i got it to start by lowering the monitor res to like 600 and color to 8bit. whats the deal man? i paid $50 for this crap?

Rolleyes Crashes to re boot

I have had this problem for the start and in an effort to resolve I have spent hundreds of $ to upgrade my system (new vid card, FX5500) new power pack 450 and the game still crashes when I hit the play. I get a slight glimps of three soldiers in a field and then crash. I have called Eidos, "oh we will get back to you" never happens. what do I do now?

Default Re: Crashes to re boot

Originally posted by David Davidson
    I have had this problem for the start and in an effort to resolve I have spent hundreds of $ to upgrade my system (new vid card, FX5500) new power pack 450 and the game still crashes when I hit the play. I get a slight glimps of three soldiers in a field and then crash. I have called Eidos, "oh we will get back to you" never happens. what do I do now?
    What driver revision you running for the nvidia card?

When you say you get a glimpse of 3 soldiers is that after you've got thru the intro movies? and have started going thru front end menus?

Rolleyes Crashes to re boot

I have downloaded all the latest drivers from Nvidia. I am running xp, 1280 Ram, 80 Gig, DVD ROM.

Game loaded ok, goes through the start up, lets me choose a character, type in name in dog tags. Goes through intro. click on play ....spinning skull......1/2 second of game and then crash.
    Same thing every single time crashes same place as soon as the game starts.

Default Re: Crashes to re boot

Originally posted by David Davidson
    I have downloaded all the latest drivers from Nvidia. I am running xp, 1280 Ram, 80 Gig, DVD ROM.

Game loaded ok, goes through the start up, lets me choose a character, type in name in dog tags. Goes through intro. click on play ....spinning skull......1/2 second of game and then crash.
    Same thing every single time crashes same place as soon as the game starts.
    Hmm okay.. what sound card have you got?

Rolleyes help please

sound blaster live with all updated drivers

Default Crash to desktop

Excuse me for butting in but I am experiencing exactly the same problem with the game.
    I have installed with no problems, created a profile and watched the animation at the start of the game (helicopter flight etc.) and when the first mission begins, I see three soldiers, someone shouts "on me" and then the game crashes to desk top with an XP "boink" audio alert.

I have an athlon xp2000 (1.6 ghz), 512 ram and a Nvidia Geforce FX5200 card, on a gigabyte K7 triton motherboard with onboard sound. (VIA 686B chipset, AC97 controller) all drivers are up to date, it is a very stable system with which I have no problems running other titles including Vice City, Medal of Honor. (I am running XP)

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Troffa.

Okay this is to both of you.. Give this a go.

Run DXDIAG.

Go to the Sound tab. Then under the DirectX Features area move the slider bar for "Hardware Sound acceleration level" fully to the left, No Acceleration. Then try the game again.

Cheers

Default more crashing

I really appreciate the help

Changing the accelorator on the sound tab didn't work
    Any other suggestions.

p.s.

I did notice when I was in the DXDIAG that there was 3 sound tabs. One recognized my sound card sound blaster live and the other two just said modem?

Having 3 devices wont be helping at all.

Ok try this, under Control Panel, go to Sound and Audio devices, then select the Audio tab. Make sure the default device IS set to your main soundcard.

Default Crash to desktop

Thanks for your advice,

I have tried the DXDIAG Sound hardware acceleration slider set to "none" to no avail.
    I also found I had my old v92 modem listed under sound devices so I have removed it from my system and removed the drivers. (I now just have one device listed under sound in dxdiag.)

DX Diag is not detecting any problems with sound or graphics. (I have version 9.c of Direct X)

I am going to try another installation as a last resort.

I am beginning to think that the game just isn't going to run on my system,If this doesn't work I will see if I can swap it for another title.

Thanks for trying though,

regards,

Troffa.

Smile Crashes to re boot

Ok,
    tried that and Sound Blaster live is the defalt audio tab so that is set ok. I have also tried adjusting the graphics res. From 800 x 600 all the way to 1280 x 800 no help.

What else can we try. This has become personal

Rolleyes

When I put in the disk, on the autorun screen, i click on play and it says ERROR:Not able to find path....help please

Default Crash to desk top

The nice people at EIDOS tech support (UK number on back of game manual) fixed the problem

If I turn shadows "off" and resolution down to lowest in the video preferences screen, the game runs.

I then experimented with upping the resolution until it crashes again.

currently playing at 1024x768, "MED" Detail and Shadows "off"

No problems so far.

Regards,

Troffa.

Default Re: Crash to desk top

Originally posted by troffa
    The nice people at EIDOS tech support (UK number on back of game manual) fixed the problem

If I turn shadows "off" and resolution down to lowest in the video preferences screen, the game runs.

I then experimented with upping the resolution until it crashes again.

currently playing at 1024x768, "MED" Detail and Shadows "off"

No problems so far.

Regards,

Troffa.
    Hehe i was gonna get onto the graphics

Am glad our Techsupport team were able to help you out

Enjoy the game

Rolleyes Original Disk Error

I just purchased the game and I am having the Original Disk problem and nothing that has been advised to do has helped. I also have not been able to email support with the info, the site will not let me upload the dxdiag diagnosis. Any advice would be appreciated.

Rolleyes Still can't run this game!

It has been over four month's since Securom told me that my Phillips DVD-RW drive had an anomoly and that's why the game will not play on my Dell Dimension 8400 P-4 3.4GHz machine with the factory installed Phillips drive. Am I the only person with this problem and have they got / or are they working on a fix for this problem? This was a $50 game that sits in it's case collecting dust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast