Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XBox Crashing?

Default Game Crashing?

I have heard some people saying that even the XBOX version of the game crashes at certain points, but none of the reviews have mentioned it. So, to the people that have the game for XBOX, has your game crashed, because if so, that really sucks.

I hope it is only some games that do this, or maybe that it does it only with certain drives in the XBOX. I have a regular XBOX, and newer version, and by brother has a Halo XBOX. Some games on my brothers XBOX will not work at all or they have something wrong with them, but they will work perfectly fine on mine. Hopefully thats an indication that Shellshock will work on my XBOX. Thanks for your input.

ya when I plant the c4 explosive on mission 8 it freezes. And if I leave the game paused for more than 5 minutes it crashes.

Over the years several different versions of the Xbox has been released. Each with subtle hardware and firmware alterations. I have not had any reports of crashes on Xbox or PS2 via call or e-mail to our support dept. But the game has only been in stores 2 days. As always, time will tell. However, in my experience, most console game crashes are due to cheats/codes or corrupted saved games.

Hope this helps, let me know if you keep experiencing the problem.

It froze a couple times after I got up to it again. But I eventually got past it. Also on level 3 in the POW camp, I fall into mid air, and I'm actually walking in mid-air on a side of a mountain.

Default Level 8 is ticking me off

i agree with ACEofSPADES87...as soon as i plant the C4 the game freezes with that horrible high pitched noise...what the? why? why? after going so far in the mission and killing all the people in the tunnel (which takes awhile) as soon as i get out of the tunnel plant the C4 at the fuel tank as soon as it explodes the damn game freezes...i've tried to play through 4 times...and every time it does this...my Xbox was purchase 3 weeks ago and havent had problems with any other game...except Driv3r...but thats understandable...can someone help? this game is now unplayable to me...help?

Ok soldiers, those are definitely problems, not design features. A few things you can try; If you have an Xbox memory card, try transferring your SSN '67 saved game from the HD to the card. Then delete the entire SSN'67 save profile on the HD. Turn the Xbox off and on, then transfer the saves back to the HD. Load your save and see how she does. If you don't have a memory card, you might want to just delete the SSN'67 HD profile and start over...but I don't like telling people to do that.

If it's still a no-go, try swapping your disks out for another copy either from the retail store or us here. If you want to send them to us, PM me directly and I'll setup a return fer you's guys.

I'll also start doing another playthrough on the retail version and see if I can reproduce what you are seeing. I'll let you know what I find in this thread.

Default Thanks Jumpin Jebus

i love this game...and i want to continue...i might go buy a memory card and try what you are talking about...thanks for the tip...i hope it works...really dont want to restart...if only the game had a in-game-save feature...i wouldnt be so mad.

I eventually got past it, but thanks anyways.

Default Mission 8 crash also

I to crash after planting the C4 and it explodes. I have tried several times to get past this stage. with no luck. I am playing it in the easy mode. Guess I will try a harder mode to see if I can get past this stage.

Like ACEofSPADES87 & Badsidion my game freezes after I plant the C4.
    I have tried on a harder mode, transferring to mem card and back, also starting the game over it still locks up after I plant the C4. This is my second disk the first one did it also what now?

I too got the high pitched noise when planting the C4 explosive on the gas tank. This happened three times in a row which really sucked.

However, I managed to figure out a way around it and am now enjoying the rest of the game.

Basically, after coming out of the tunnel, turn left instead of right. You will come across another small group of hostiles to take out, after which you will recieve an updated mission text come up telling you to blow the gas tank (like you did not know to do that already!).

At that point you can go and blow the gas tank without any fear of the high pitched noise and crashing.

I think the game is getting confused otherwise and thinks you are attempting a mission that it has not yet properly given you.

I have only tried this once but it worked so give this a shot.

Default Hello all I figured it out...

This is what I eventually had to do...As soon as you get out of the tunnel....kill all the enemies before planting the C4. As soon as all the enemies are dead simply plant the C4 and the game should not freeze....that is what i finally had to do...and it worked...i hope this helps you guys...

Rolleyes Crashing peice of %#!@

Despite the numerous mixed reviews, I waited a good long time to get this game and plopped down my $50 (which isn't small change for my budget).

Now I get to the 7th level with the gas station and c4 and as you know it crashes. Ive tried everything on this board - xfering to memory card and back to hd, going left instead of right, killing all the enemies, etc. and it still crashes EVERY TIME! This is simply incompetence and taking advantatge of gamers. I don't want to hear BS excuses - I expect to hear those from my kids, not "professionals" in the business word. Own up to your mistake.

My friends, I've been playing console games since Atari 2600. I have NEVER seen such a MAJOR flaw "sneak" by the lead tester and QA personel. Whats the problem EIDOS? I think you OWE an answer to all the XBOX owners that have to put up with this crap you've put out. So now Im going to have to shell out MORE $$$ to send this game back to you and wait however long it takes you to send a replacement copy, which will probably still crash.

You owe an APOLOGY to everyone that has to work hard for a living that shelled out the $50 for a game that dosent work and that cannot be completed as shipped.

While your at it, why don't you give a big tip to your QA Manager & Lead Tester for ShellShock - this may very well be the last time I buy and Eidos game if Im not compenstated for my trouble and inconvience. I would suggest similar action by other gamer to let developers know this kind of slip-shod production will not be tolerated or patronized.

roar...

dude calm down..besides i thought it was level 8...lol j/m with you it hasnt crashed at all for me yet on xbox

I completely agree with SolScript7, I got this game about 3 weeks ago when it was released in Australia and during mission 8 it crashed 5 or so times before I managed to pass it. Its a complete joke and inexcusable for developers to allow this sort of junk onto the market. Whoever tested the product should be fired on the spot. Having read all this talk of "solutions" involving going left instead of right etc, the fact of the matter is when you plonk down your hard earned cash for a game you expect it to operate properly, and in no way should we have to do certain stupid little actions in order for said product to actually work without crappin' itself. I e-mailed the developers Guerrilla Games about this problem and wanted an explanation from them but what do you know, no reply...very professional, I picture them hiding in their offices hoping all these problems and "stupid consumers" will just give up and go away. I would have e-mailed Eidos too but couldn't find a contact e-mail. So if any of them are reading this, you owe a lot to everyone here who paid for this trash and have been frustrated with freezes and other unprofessional glitches. Nobody should be telling us to calm down here, we are being perfectly reasonable in expecting a working quality product and our frustrations are well merited. In thinking about it I reckon you'd probably have a good case with consumer protection. Pity its so crudded up, coz its a really fun game in my opinion.

I've tried everything listed on board to nothing worked for me.
    Called the store where I bought it there going to swap it out for playstation 2 version when it comes out I'll try that and hope for better luck.

I completely agree with both SolScript7 and jj_ozralia.

Surely such a huge problem with the game should have been noticed by the games testers? I mean, we are not talking about a small bug such as minor collision detections.

I have played through this particular level 6 times, and only managed to successfully get past blowing up the gas tank twice without the game crashing. So how on earth have the games testers missed this?

My solution by the way (mentioned on an earlier post) did not work second time around (i.e going left after tunnel, killing all enemies and then planting c4). However, when the c4 exploded and did take some damage at exactly the time when the game crashed.

So, next time around I decided to again kill all enemies (by going left) and then I planted the C4, but made sure that I legged it from the tanks so not to be hit by any part of the blast.....it worked. This may however just be complete luck......

Anyway, why the heck should we be trying to come up with solutions, just so that we can finish the game that we have spent on hard earned cash on!

To think also that this game was delayed in the U.K. for a few months. I dread to think what it would have been like if they had released it in July as originally planned!!

Personally, I think either the publisher or developer (whoever oversaw the testing) should take a leaf from Bungie........bring a game out when it is ready....and not before.

Default i second this...Eidos and developers...take responsibility

i did finish the game...but, like you guys feel betrayed, ripped off, raped of my hard earned dollars. i dont even want to sell this game on ebay because i feel as if i would be stealing from someone.

point is "test your damn games"

An update for you guys....

We have re-created the C4 crash in level 8, and are currently looking for work-arounds, until the problem can be permanently fixed. In my play-throughs, I have found that the game crashes much more often while using the M-60 or Death Machine.

What weapon are you guys using when you plant the C4?

Are you trying to pause the game immediately after the C4 detonates?

Are you facing toward or away from the explosion?

Try switching your primary weapon to an AK-47 before planting.

Also, we have only been able to reproduce this crash if the player exits the tunnel, and moves to the right around the gas station. So make sure you move left, then approach the gas station from that side.

I did help test the Xbox version of this game, and this crash was found in a VERY early version of the game. Then it never showed up again in the 15+ play-throughs I did, plus the dozens other playthroughs done by our QA dept. The game was extensively tested by both Eidos, and Guerilla, AND Microsoft. Who, as some of you know, gives the final approval on ALL Xbox games. They did functionality testing and SSN'67 passed with flying colors. We are suspecting it may have been a mixup at the manufacturing facility. We are investigating this, and I will let you know what we turn up.

Now...with all that said and done, for those of you who are dissatisfied with SSN'67, are more than welcome to send it back to me in our Customer/Tech support dept. and I will swap it out for any other Eidos title in current release, or an unopened copy. Most stores will accept factory sealed copies for refunds, but check with the store FIRST. You will need to contact our support dept. via e-mail through our support site, or telephone (415-615-6220), and I will setup a return for you.

I forgot what weapon I was using during the crash(maybe the M60..not sure though) but I know I was standing maybe 10 feet from the gas tank thing. And no I wasn't trying to pause the game.

One more thing to try. As you exit the tunnel you get the mission objective "Eliminate All Hostiles". So, naturally most people will proceed to do that first. However, it seems that may have a part in causing the crash. Try killing most of the remaining enemy, then plant the C4. Then run away but face toward the explosion. If the game does not crash, kill the remaining hostiles, and with any luck the end-mission movie should start playing. Please let me know immediately if this works! Thanks for all your help guys.

~Jebus

Default Hello Jumpin

yes that is exactly what i did and it worked...i wasn't facing the explosion tho...but, i did kill all the hostiles. i finished the game after that with no other problems. o well, still enjoyed the game...i'm done *in. besides i love eidos and the games published and would never stop buying them....so, thanks for your help...

I tested that level again and found that if i Killded all hostiles and then planted the C4, making sure that I was far away from blast AND facing it then was ok.

However, was showing the game to a mate last night and it crashed on the fort storming level for the first time.

It was the part where you first arrive at the fort (before blowing up the fort gate) and their are two guys in front of the fort on tripod mounted guns. I decided to run to the nearest tree and laid down to avoid fire. However, as soon as I took out the guy on the left mounted gun (from a prone position) the game froze with the high pitced bleep.

Next time I got to fort I decided to approach differently and was ok. Has anyone else experienced a crash when first in front of fort?

A pitty as have been enjoying the game and have completed it once already.

yeah my game crashed only once other than mission 8, on that level, the Fort assult assult one. It happened after I had to take out the machine gunner at the top of the hill after blowing the tunnels. It froze, but only happened once.

I just got this game yesterday and it crashed 5x already and I'm not on mission 8 yet . It crashed the in the first mission but I did not pay any attenion to what made it stop,It crashed 3x on "The Fort" mission when the F4's nape the bunkers. I was in the field and moving the view stick when the nape exploded and it froze.Reset the game and RESTARTED the mission 3x but this time I hid behind the APC tank when the nape drops. The game stuttered a bit but all was fine,so I thought I found a fix to my problem WRONG.I charge the bunkers and get into the tunnels and a real bad firefight when it froze again,My m16 had a muzzle flash,had been hit with the blood on top of the screen,the enemy had a muzzle flash,I have no memory card,and my xbox is less than a year old.So I go to your web site to see if I'm the only one with these problems, turns out I'm not. I think it freezes up when there is too much going on but hey,I'm not a developer thats just what I think.I've been waiting for Vietnam era game to come out for awhile and then just to see it have problems Now I'm fruastrated with the game because I have to restart when it frezes and I cant look at the cool big explosiones,I cant exchange for the ps2 version,etc...I like this game a lot but all this takes the fun out of it So PLEASE,PLEASE w/sprinkles on top fix this game I would definately give it a second chance. Thank you

P.S. the helicopters would look a lot better in the cut sceens if the tailrotor spun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast