Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Confirmed problems with Nvidia drivers

Default Up to the newest 70.03 drivers..

Hey all,

The newest of the new Nvidia drivers at 3dguru 70.3 I believe, still don't get the game to work. Just a heads-up. Has anyone out there actually had it work for a while, but if you stop and get out, it won't re-start?

Now, that has happened to me a few times, and I have been able to get half way through.

More often than not it is just luck I get it to work...and alot of stops/get outs and re-starts.

It is a great game when you are in it! ;-)

Later!!

KElley
    Last edited by theace; 01-19-2005 at 08:07 PM.

Keep blaming Nvidia instead of putting out a patch. I've tried three different drivers. The only game I have ever had that would not work.
    No more Eidos junk for me!

This is a bunch of crap. 6800 cards have been out for a year aleady!!
    I have three a64 machines all with 6800 cards, one with SLI and I can`t run this game at all without the same video corution as everyone else!! The VC drivers you recomend do not reconise the 6800 chipset.
    This is pathetic!!!
    Sorry for the rant, but I just paid good money for a new game which I checked the system specs on the box, bought a DVD player so I could load and play it, only to have the game not work at all, now to find out you knew about the problem all along!!
    Well, if you got some beta drivers that work, send them to me, or post them here for gawds sake. You think only people on this forums are having trouble??? What about all the people who bought it that aren`t posting on the forums!!!

I apoligise for the rant, I just found this in another thread...
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...7&postcount=64
    I did this and it`s working in one of the systems, first level anyway.
    ASUS A8V Deluxe
    a3200
    BFG 6800 GT OC
    66.93 drivers
    directX 9.0c
    I`ll try the SLI rig later after I run the game in this machine and verify it works longer then the first few seconds.

That also worked for the SLI rig.
    What exactly is that doing?? Knocking the detail out of the game? or what??
    ASUS A8N_SLI Deluxe
    a3500
    66.93 drivers, the latest NForce drivers from NVidia`s page.
    I have the detail turned all the way up, the AA turned up and all the filtering on, but I have never seen a game run such low FPS while playing, and my system is OC`ed quit a bit. 35-100fps, why does the game drop so low on the FPS?? Polly count or what`s going on??
    Also, is there a way to change the view to true fsp?? Running around shooting with the view set 3-4 feet behind the guy is more like a third person shooter rather then a first person shooter. It would be so much nicer to actually be the guy and not see the guy
    Where is the 'jump' key?? How can you have a fps with no jump??

Default Got it to work...kinda...

Ok, I turned post-render effects OFF and it works, up until it locks up. After a few minutes (up to an hour) of game play it locks up and I can do nothing but hit the restart button. After restart, it will play much less time before locking up. Has anyone else had this problem???

Also, if I don't quit to profile at every checkpoint, when it locks up I lose all progress made.

Any help would be appreciated.

specs-
    athlon XP 3200+
    Asus a7n8x-e deluxe mobo
    fully updated nvidia drivers (sound, mainboard, graphics)
    Leadtek 6800GT
    2 gigs PDP Patriot memory RAM

Should I revert my video drivers to a non-beta? Could they be causing this?

HELP!

Yes they could, and if you are OCing at all, including the VC, it could be overheating with time and causeing the lock. Turn off all OCing and test.

Quote Originally Posted by playashaw21
    Ok, I turned post-render effects OFF and it works, up until it locks up. After a few minutes (up to an hour) of game play it locks up and I can do nothing but hit the restart button. After restart, it will play much less time before locking up. Has anyone else had this problem???

Also, if I don't quit to profile at every checkpoint, when it locks up I lose all progress made.

Any help would be appreciated.

specs-
    athlon XP 3200+
    Asus a7n8x-e deluxe mobo
    fully updated nvidia drivers (sound, mainboard, graphics)
    Leadtek 6800GT
    2 gigs PDP Patriot memory RAM

Should I revert my video drivers to a non-beta? Could they be causing this?

HELP!
    I had the same problem with my 6800GT. No matter what drivers I tried it didn't work. Then I was reading that all you have to do is hit alt-tab to your desktop and then wait about 5 seconds then alt - tab back into the game . I had to mess around with the resolution settings and had to turn off shadows but it worked with no problems after that. However, the next time I went into play I had to mess around again with the resolutions and alt-tab back and forth but I was able to play. I can't find the thread to link to but I remember him saying it was not a problem when they tested the drivers but Nvidia changed something and it that is why there are problems. For me I would have the best result if I set the res to 800x600 and then alt-tab to the desktop and then go back to the game. If that didn't work I would try the same with 1024x768 and turn off shadows and details. A few times even after messing around it still wouldn't work so I would save the preferences and exit the game then try it again. It has worked for me every time after I had to quit and go back in. Hope this helps some one! Good Luck!

Unhappy Audio Driver issue (Cannot install OpenAL)

Hi Eidos.

Bought Shellshock Nam 67 and installed it. The install worked, so did the install of DX9b that comes with it. However the OpenAL gives me an error stating thet I need to upgrade my audio drivers (see www.nvidia.com) and refuses to install. However, I have the 5.12 drivers for my ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe Board, which to the best of my knowledge are the most recent. I also have the 71.89 driver for my nVidia Geforce Fx-5200 128MB card. I have 512 MB ram and a Western Digital 60GB hard drive. I am running Windows 2000 Professional-SP4.

So I tried the game and the screen goes black, then there is a beep (like an exclamation. Presuming this is an error, but no game error log so unable to find out for sure), then I am returned back to windows.

What do I need to do?

Regards,
    Nick.

Default So Wheres The Patch?

I've read all the posts about this issue, dating back to September last year, & seen all the false promises from the Eidos staff & passing the buck to Nvidia who were allegedly working with eidos to fix this issue in their next set of drivers back in september. How come this game still doesnt work for those of us who own nvidia 6800 cards?? Isnt it about time Eidos accepted that its a big enough issue to warrant releasing an NVIDIA based patch that works with the Nvidia drivers that have been released at least 4 times since this issue became apparent?? I've got 2x6800s running in sli mode on my asus a8n deluxe board. I've had issues with other games, but they have all been resolved by the game producers, what is wrong with Eidos?? Are you putting BIG STICKERS on the front of the game box saying DONT BUY IF YOU OWN AN NVIDIA BASED GFX CARD?? The answer is obviously NO! Its all about revenue! Not about the poor consumer who saves up their money to buy a game that wont work on their PC that fits in perfectly with the Specs stated on the side of the box. Come On Eidos, dont you think this attitude of yours is harming your reputation?? I for one, wont ever trust you again. I'll buy games from other producers instead of yours. I have a brand new game sat here that wont work, wasted my hard earned cash! changing the prerender thing in my docs worked for 1 play, now the game bings at me when I try to start it with no error, rediculous!
    Another SATISFIED customer?? Never again!
    8 Months waiting for a patch is a big joke

I am experiencing exactly the same problems and there seems to be no form of resolution in sight.

What is going on?

Default I am Mega Pissed Off At EIDOS

Can anybody help me with graphics problem in Shellshock NAM 67, I tried a gazillion of drivers, but still, I can not get picture in the game, fun enough i get sound, my mouse cursor and the compass= thats all I see

I have had this problem for the past 5 months i am actually thinking of breaking this game DVD, and put it in the incinerator, so that it goes to hell.

What kind of product support is this, EIDOS ????

My specs are :

Gainward Geforce 6800 Ultra GS @450/1200
    P4 LGA775 3Ghz @3.45GHz
    1024MB DDR Ballistix @2.5-5-2-2, 7.8s
    Gigabyte GA-8IPE775 Pro Motherboard
    Samsung 120G HDD ATA
    Antec TruePower II 550W PSU

Thumbs down Wot HAS Really Happened Is....

Eidos have taken our money & scarpered, theyve not replied on this thread for 6 months! They got rich from a game that doesnt work & couldnt careless about the people they ripped off! Isnt it against the law to sell something that isnt as advertised?? I mean the box says it will work on our PCs, but it doesnt & they wont even reply to my emails. I cant get a refund from the shop I bought it from coz my system fits into the specs, so basically, I feel robbed by EIDOS. I'll never buy a game from them again, I should have known better anyway as they couldnt even be bothered to release XP fixes for the first few tomb raider pc games, leaving it to enthusiasts to do instead. This outfit is a bunch of cowboys!

Default Explains a lot

I can see now why so many people download games rather than buy them, they aint getting ripped off by dodgy outfits when they find it doesnt work. LOL

Default Tried and worked

i've got an nVidia 6200 TC, and i tried the suggestion above, here. it worked for me.
    I still can't believe edios havn't released a patch tho. crazy

Quote Originally Posted by strommy
    i've got an nVidia 6200 TC, and i tried the suggestion above, here. it worked for me.
    I still can't believe edios havn't released a patch tho. crazy
    Heard back from nVidia about this issue, they are working on a fix for it. It was fixed before in a previous driver revision, but broken in recent updates.

If you disable the postrendereffects it will allow you to play the game until the updated drivers get released.

Cheers

Exclamation graphics are Poltergeist-like!

Hello there,

I have NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2 with its latest driver downloaded and installed (driver is 169.21) and I also have the latest DirectX installed, but I have some serious problems with the graphics in the videogame "Shellshock - Nam '67".

WHAT KIND OF A PROBLEM ARE WE TALKING ABOUT?
    When the game starts after the first introduction movie and I am ready to move my character, all I get is the sound of my superior soldier but the graphics are like - totally gone! All I get are these disturbing Poltergeist-lines on my screen ....

Is this the same problem that so many others are having, please? And (until the latest patch is released) - is there something I can do, so that I may yet enjoy this game, please?

Many thanks!

Bye for now

Have you disabled the postfilter effects to see if that gets it working?

Quote Originally Posted by jaycw2309 View Post
    Have you disabled the postfilter effects to see if that gets it working?
    Well ... that's what I don't understand. What is the postfilter effects and how and where do I disable them, please?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
    Well ... that's what I don't understand. What is the postfilter effects and how and where do I disable them, please?

thx
    Ahh there was a link further up this thread about it.. hold on..

Here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123