Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed problems with Nvidia drivers

I've got a geforce fx 5600 and i'm running XP with SP 2

Default Big time problems with 61.77 solved with 66.81

I had no issues with graphics in the game so far until starting the mission where you chopper into town to meet Rodrigues at the beach (sorry, too lazy to figure out mapnames).

It was really bad. Objects flashing, garbage on the screen, objects and soldiers going invisible (funny actually, you see a grenade and rifle walking down the street), ground changing colors. Sort of a bad acid trip I suppose.

Changing in game graphics setting to low and reducing the clock rate of my card had no effect whatsoever.

Updated to the latest drivers off of Guru3d (66.81) and everything was fine again with all settings on maximum.

The only issue I had with the drivers was with the Nvidia control panel ("Apply" button didn't work in the application-specific customization panel, only "OK").

Default Re: Driver problems

Originally posted by darkoroje
    This game does not work with any drivers for 6800 series cards. I don't see how you could have tested this as even the earliest drivers for 6800 do not work. The 55 series drivers do not support 6800, so that is not a solution.

Regards,

Darko
    Whaaaaa..... i have the V9999 GE= to gforce6800 GT. Mine will not run it either.
    I want to take my game back to EB now so can someone from The dev team or eidos email me or pm me a auth to get full refund? I have waited for a patch from u guys and nothing yet. My return with full refund has expired from Electronic Boutique Canada.

This is not a problem with the game so there is no patch to be issued for the game. This is a problem with the graphics drivers themselves.

We are still working with nVidia to get the issue sorted..

There are `beta` drivers that have been released that may fix the issue, however they are not `released` drivers yet. Once they've verified they are happy with the drivers and that they work correctly with Shellshock they will be released fully on their own website.

I really do apologise this is taking a lot longer then i had hoped.. See if you can track down the latest beta drivers which i know WILL work (but as not official i can really give backing to JUST yet)

I promise we haven't forgotten u all..

The ones I had posted earlier in this thread seem to have worked great for me. A few others have been released since those, all of which can be found at guru3d.com if anyone is interested.

Default 5200-5800 run ok

four of us have 5200-5800 gforce. all running xps2 got rid of the update drivers and went back to just out of the box. game ran ok except glitches in the movie portions. another dude had the new 6800 on a kick ass machine could not get squat. put in his old 5800 and was able to run it. man was he pissed when we all got stuck in the same place.

Originally posted by cooljay1804
    This is not a problem with the game so there is no patch to be issued for the game. This is a problem with the graphics drivers themselves.
    I guess my main issue is that this was not forseen. I guess that I cannot blame the devs because human error is uncountable and can only be minimized. My main complaint is that Nvidia doesn't seem to be working with Eidos all that well. They should really expand their efforts to work with individual companies to give their products maximum support. I really think Marx (and Engels of course) was on to something . . .

Yeah that's the only bad thing about making a game, you can't always control 3rd party problems. nVidia should work with game companies true but the number of games made each year plus time spent devoloping drivers plus working on making them compatible with already known issues plus making sure they work with current software etc. can be a very very intense, expensive and long process.

I'm not taking up sides but being a programmer myself, I know the long and intense process it takes to debug your programs and to work all the problems out.

Default New Nvidia drivers

Well the new drivers, 66.93, are out and still no luck with the game. I also note that there has been no activity in this thread for almost a month.
    I have no problems with any other game. Shame.

Default Pay now or pay later

The main reason I bought this game was to try to crash my video board. Working with ProE, Solidworks and Acad 3d, I have found the best way to validate video drivers is with the latest graphic intensive game. Eidos can't test every parameter. Eventually, a person would find the shortcomings in their system in another game.

Thumbs down

Hello.
    I bought a Point of View Geforce 6600 GT and in bundle were Hitman Contracts and Shellshock.

Shellshock does not function, has graphic problems ...it's incredible, a game in bundle that not functions and ...surprise!!! .. it's a KNOWN problem!!!! Driver version is 66.93

Shame, Point of View (that include a game that is known that has problems) and Eidos (that sold rights to Point of View).

Originally posted by pink_viola
    Hello.
    I bought a Point of View Geforce 6600 GT and in bundle were Hitman Contracts and Shellshock.

Shellshock does not function, has graphic problems ...it's incredible, a game in bundle that not functions and ...surprise!!! .. it's a KNOWN problem!!!! Driver version is 66.93

Shame, Point of View (that include a game that is known that has problems) and Eidos (that sold rights to Point of View).
    What graphical problem are you getting?

Originally posted by jaycw2309
    What graphical problem are you getting?
    It's all green and blocky, I dont'k know how to explain..
    I've tried to modify settings in the drivers (aa, anisotropic, etc etc) but with no good results.

Originally posted by pink_viola
    It's all green and blocky, I dont'k know how to explain..
    I've tried to modify settings in the drivers (aa, anisotropic, etc etc) but with no good results.
    Hey there,

PM as soon as you can, have something i'd like you to try, but need to email you something

Cheers

Jason Walker

Head of Mastering/Compatibility
    Eidos

Default Same Same...in the USA

HEy there,

I'm kinda late here, but I have the same trouble as the fellow above. I have updated/rolled back/prayed and about anything else you might think of for the NVidia card.

I have the "patchy" screen someone else showed here, plus exactally what the fellow above me said.

Now, here is the funny thing.....it (the game) HAS worked twice, but if I get out once I start, forget it! Splotchy screen again.

I don't want to give up on this game, as from what I have played it seems cool.....I kinda like the idea of the VC women..something DREADFULLY lacking in Vietcong.

SO....we have the same trouble in the USA.....

My specs:
    ALienware Area 51 system
    GeForce 6800 256mb card
    70.?? drivers just issued at the above mentioned driver place
    Athlon64 processor
    2 gigs DDR 400 Corsair Ram
    800mbFSB
    Etc, Etc Etc

Hope to see a fix soon!

Take care!

Kelley

Default Re: Same Same...in the USA

Originally posted by theace
    HEy there,

I'm kinda late here, but I have the same trouble as the fellow above. I have updated/rolled back/prayed and about anything else you might think of for the NVidia card.

I have the "patchy" screen someone else showed here, plus exactally what the fellow above me said.

Now, here is the funny thing.....it (the game) HAS worked twice, but if I get out once I start, forget it! Splotchy screen again.

I don't want to give up on this game, as from what I have played it seems cool.....I kinda like the idea of the VC women..something DREADFULLY lacking in Vietcong.

SO....we have the same trouble in the USA.....

My specs:
    ALienware Area 51 system
    GeForce 6800 256mb card
    70.?? drivers just issued at the above mentioned driver place
    Athlon64 processor
    2 gigs DDR 400 Corsair Ram
    800mbFSB
    Etc, Etc Etc

Hope to see a fix soon!

Take care!

Kelley

As i said to pink_viola, could you PM me so that i can give you something to try..

Default 6800 ya'll try this

this is just a hunch but a ffreind of mine tried it and it worked. delete and uninstall drivers and video card(6800 only) Find the oldest driver that will work on your card......there can be a differance, {chaintech, apollo, etc...}... I mean the oldest if they will work start at 51.00or 57.00 if you see were I'm goingwith this.and don't think this is BS cause it has worked........AS far as the one that got it in a bundle pkg I should conntact the seller with the KNOWN PROBLEM for a refund or something maybe if enough complain eidos will be a little smarter about the next new game. power to the people.............................

Default Re: 6800 ya'll try this

Originally posted by sandrat
    this is just a hunch but a ffreind of mine tried it and it worked. delete and uninstall drivers and video card(6800 only) Find the oldest driver that will work on your card......there can be a differance, {chaintech, apollo, etc...}... I mean the oldest if they will work start at 51.00or 57.00 if you see were I'm goingwith this.and don't think this is BS cause it has worked........AS far as the one that got it in a bundle pkg I should conntact the seller with the KNOWN PROBLEM for a refund or something maybe if enough complain eidos will be a little smarter about the next new game. power to the people.............................
    We cannot control hardware released AFTER the game has hit the streets.
    As you point out by going back to drivers that existed when the game came out FIXES the problem, which pretty much confirms that nvidia changed something in their driver. Again this is something out of our control.

Power to the people? hmm interesting phrase. As for smarter? how about clairvoyant? so we can predict exactly what will happen months after we finish a game?

Default Re: 6800 ya'll try this

Originally posted by sandrat
    ..AS far as the one that got it in a bundle pkg I should conntact the seller with the KNOWN PROBLEM for a refund or something maybe if enough complain eidos will be a little smarter about the next new game.
    Thanks for the advice, but I bought my 6600gt fot the board itself not for the bundle, this was a gift and i accepted it; in a moment of delusion i said "shame" but maybe "ridicolous" is more suitable

However I want to thanks jaycw2309 for the kindness.

I have a BFG 6800 ultra oc and I have the same problems with the blotchy screen

Originally posted by cr@zedidiot
    I have a BFG 6800 ultra oc and I have the same problems with the blotchy screen
    oc? overclocked? does it do it if not overclocked?

no it doesn't matter if it is overclocked or not

Originally posted by cr@zedidiot
    no it doesn't matter if it is overclocked or not
    Okie, just checking.. just trialing something at the moment should hopefully have more info very soon

Rolleyes NVIDIA BETA DRIVERS

I HAVE THE NEW 6703 BETA DRIVERS OFF OF NVIDIA WEB SITE AND SO FAR, THEY HAVE NOT ADDRESSED THE ISSUE IN RESPECT TO SHELLSHOCK NAM67. THE GAME STILL DOES NOT PLAY, JUST A BUNCH OF MESSED UP COLORS WHEN YOU START. I CAN NOT GO BACK IN DRIVER VER AS MY EVGA 6800GT WILL NOT RUN RIGHT WITH THE OLDER DRIVERS. JUST GOT DONE WITH MENOF VALOR AND IT PLAYED GREAT.MAYBE CERTIFIED 6703s WILL WORK THIS OUT WITH SHELLSHOCK, I HOPE SO AS I HAVE A $40.00 GAME I MIGHT NEVER BE ABLE TO PLAY.................THANKS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast