Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nam 67 does not work with 6800 !?

dammit, i have the same - i call it - potsmoking error......

by this i mean my whole screen looks like the view of a dood havin' smoked 20g of finest purple haze (would fit the vietnam scenario tho).......

ok, this is the first screen:

first i thought it was really a joke inside the game, that u might have to turn around to get your head straight after being blunted but when i turned around i got this:

now the screen looked like the "stars'n'stripes" flag under lsd.... and i knew that this can't be real.....

after testing several drivers and other games i came to the point that this damn game must have sum serious bugs inside.......

my system:

a64 3000+
    asus k8n e (nforce3 250gb)
    1 gig pc3200
    gainward 6800 Ultra GS @ 450/1200
    forceware agp 4.27 and FW gfx 61.77 and 65.76 tested

sh1tty on every driver......

plz make a patch ready to go quickly, i wanna hunt some vietcong

Very bizarre..

Seems that the new drivers from nvidia have changed something which wasn't apparent during development (the card was in prerelease when we were developing)

I will see if can get a get round fix quickly whilst we work on a fix.

Originally posted by nexus1978
    having the same problem shows it self around the 8th mission or so. Don't think it's a fx6800 problem i have a fx5700 256mb looks like its a game problem!

by the way don't companys do beta testing or pretesting these days?

sorry i forgot you have paying customers for that.
    Dont even go there This game was extensively worked on. The team working on it are one of the most dedicated i've worked with..

On your 5700 have u tried 56.72 drivers. We dont control drivers released by nVidia/ATi (they know they break things when they fix some things, hence reason why drivers have `fix` lists)

Originally posted by jaycw2309
    Dont even go there This game was extensively worked on. The team working on it are one of the most dedicated i've worked with..

On your 5700 have u tried 56.72 drivers. We dont control drivers released by nVidia/ATi (they know they break things when they fix some things, hence reason why drivers have `fix` lists)
    Ok give those a try if they work can say "told you so"

one thing 61.77 came out July 27, 2004 i take it this game was still being tested then? if so how come these drivers where not tested with this game
    Last edited by nexus1978; 09-06-2004 at 01:38 PM.

We checked the new drivers on the game as we were mastering, but nothing was wrong when we did these last checks on the hardware within our compat lab, however these tests aren't exhaustive.

Hopefully we can quickly sort this out, am sure its something easy to correct as its looking like its a driver alteration thats causing the issue.

wuld be great if u could get this clear quickly

endless many of the nvidia gfx using doodz are a bit pissed cuz they cannot or just up to a certain point play the game.....

ofc most blame u on this but hell..... i do not wonder that those permanently re-released new nvidia drivers might be sort of weird according to bugfixes.....

but this is a complete new series of gfx chips and atm it is the most complicated chip ever in homeuser hardware so i think if u get the game rechecked with the current official 61.77 and maybe sum earlier and some of those newer drivers and sort the problem out and release a bugfix (as i doubt nvidia will do much work on gamebugfixes but on general stability issues of their next gen in their drivers).

yeah, dammit --> GO FIX IT AND LET ME HUNT THE ENEMY *joke*

i am sure u'll do ur best and get it straight quickly.....

Rolleyes Graphics Problems !!!

So when will a patch be placed on the official website for us all to at least fix the problems as in the graphics that we have been having ?

As usual its the customers who pay the price yet again !!!!!

Well done to Eidos..............................

Its a bit hard to play the game after level 8 when all you can see is floating weapons shooting at you or blacked out screens......

Surely by now there should have been some admission on the main website instead of gloating over how well its sellin !

Originally posted by analogmaster
    wuld be great if u could get this clear quickly

endless many of the nvidia gfx using doodz are a bit pissed cuz they cannot or just up to a certain point play the game.....

ofc most blame u on this but hell..... i do not wonder that those permanently re-released new nvidia drivers might be sort of weird according to bugfixes.....

but this is a complete new series of gfx chips and atm it is the most complicated chip ever in homeuser hardware so i think if u get the game rechecked with the current official 61.77 and maybe sum earlier and some of those newer drivers and sort the problem out and release a bugfix (as i doubt nvidia will do much work on gamebugfixes but on general stability issues of their next gen in their drivers).

yeah, dammit --> GO FIX IT AND LET ME HUNT THE ENEMY *joke*

i am sure u'll do ur best and get it straight quickly.....
    Its impossible to second guess what nvidia are gonna do, and in their defence they wouldnt have seen ShellShock to know that the new drivers were gonna affect it

Bad timing

We checked the new drivers on the game as we were mastering, but nothing was wrong when we did these last checks on the hardware within our compat lab, however these tests aren't exhaustive.

Hopefully we can quickly sort this out, am sure its something easy to correct as its looking like its a driver alteration thats causing the issue.
    Well Kudos to You those 56.72 worked nicely alittle slower but you can atleast see what shooting your ass off now

looks like the 61.77 are the casue after all damm bet you hate being right

thanks for the help jaycw2309

Originally posted by nexus1978
    Well Kudos to You those 56.72 worked nicely alittle slower but you can atleast see what shooting your ass off now

looks like the 61.77 are the casue after all damm bet you hate being right

thanks for the help jaycw2309
    Am just glad u able to play the game

America still has a week to go....

8-9 days.

I tried the 61.77 driver (last official one) and the worked on my machine now!

Default Can you help

Out of interest anyone who is having graphical issues could you TRY the following and report back if it helps.

Within your `my documents` folder there will be a shellshock folder.

Within this will be an ini file, cant remember name right now, might be tod_pc.ini

Open this and look for the line `Postrendereffects` or something like that, and type OFF where it currently says ON..

save and then give the game a go.

It will help us narrow down where the issue lies.

Cheers

I'm through the game anyway but this doesn't fix the problem....sry

Default Re: Can you help

Out of interest anyone who is having graphical issues could you TRY the following and report back if it helps.

Within your `my documents` folder there will be a shellshock folder.

Within this will be an ini file, cant remember name right now, might be tod_pc.ini

Open this and look for the line `Postrendereffects` or something like that, and type OFF where it currently says ON..

save and then give the game a go.

It will help us narrow down where the issue lies.

Cheers
    dammit, it has worked for me..... atm i am not suffering the "purplehaze-bug" as posted in sum pix above..... now i'll give it a try

Default Re: Re: Can you help

Originally posted by analogmaster
    dammit, it has worked for me..... atm i am not suffering the "purplehaze-bug" as posted in sum pix above..... now i'll give it a try
    Sorry being slow here, so turning off the postfilter effects worked for you? or are you saying it started working NORMALLY but you are going to try that option now anyway?

Rename it "off" and all the enemys and your friends become invisible.

No Sir not working for me

Originally posted by Edwindows
    Rename it "off" and all the enemys and your friends become invisible.

No Sir not working for me
    What graphics card you got? drivers?

Sorry if it seems obvious to you, but remember trying to help when dont have information is kinda hard.

I could assume you have a 6800 etc, but u know what they say about assumptions.

A-Open geforce 6800LE
    nvidia drivers 61.77
    p4 3.0 mhz
    intel mobo 865perl
    2gig ddr mem
    xp pro sp 1

Hey folks, just a heads up that I am going to close this thread, as I have created a new one specifically for Nvidia related issues. Please migrate this discussion to that thread. Thanks much!

The Jebus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123