Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Official Launch Date revealed

NO i live in wisconsin USA im gonna rent it at blockbluster and ive called they already got it at blockbuster but they cant release it until tomorrow (friday) hahahahahahahahahaha

what are you talking about..?? the game doesnt come out in the U.S. until the 14th

how in the hell is that possible?! Its not comin gout untill the 14th!!! AND IM FROM WISCONSIN TO!

i just called blockbuster too and they said it was comming out the 3rd too, but block buster is retarted haha

No way, i gotta call 'em, this doesnt seem right, if its on the 3rd, Screw EB! ill buy it from BB!!!

Yup, they said tommorrow to, and they only way they know if from their computer, i asked if they updated it, and he doesnt know, he said most likely tommorrorw though, its weird...

either way im gonna call and if they have it im all over it
    first person in billerica mass to get it

yeah same here, but i doubt they are getting it, i mean, Eidos Said the 14th, and i called EB, they still said the 14th they will have it, they said Blockbuster's computers are probably screwed up

well fellas...Europe had Shellshock...now why must we suffer, see, no one from europe is gonan answer us cause they are all busy PLAYING IT right now...

^^^ thats true bro

Well ask away...

hobbit do you have it? is it good? dont give anything away though cause i want to find out on my own.

Yes I have it

It is not what I expected, I expected it to be more realistic than this. It's still too much Rambo style, and enemies should die quicker than multiple shots.

The objectives are sometimes unclear. I am stuck now in a mission where I have to find a journalist. I am supposed to talk to a villager but there is no way to talk to him. So i tried shooting him in the leg (maybe by force was what I am supposed to do), but then I wounded him. Then I shot him and suddenly everybody was running and the AI friendlies wasted everybody!! One wounded old man came to me with his walking stick and kept hitting me, I was like please don't make me hurt you, then a friendly AI shot him. It was a massacre and all my fault :'(. Well I blamed the developers for making the objective unclear. We will see what the judge in court says.

You cannot move over even the smallest ridges, no jump button. Even 2 year olds could move oevr that ridge... but me, a grown up well trained soldier could not ?!?!

The traps are really cool and very well done and hidden. You have to sue the arrow keys in the right sequence quickly to dismantle them or they blow in your face.

The vehicles and helicopters and tents look very realistic. Basecamp looks realistic too, though it could haev been a bit busier.

Shooting with a rifle is very neat (trying to get 1 shot 1 kill).

Sniping is difficult but fun.

The villagers look really realistic. And one female villager... well I have the hots for her :-P. And they are triplings (there are 3 of them in the same village) ... imagine doing it with all 3 of them at the same time... well just kidding sorry.

The environment looks nice, but sometimes a bit empty (the environment where you can walk is nice, but sometimes near the edges you just see empty hills).

The friendly AI soldier's speech is sometimes very repetitive, saying the same thing over and over again.

You can easily recognise women VC troops, and the first time I was really hesitating to fire. But then she screamed something very unnice to me (you are going to die "something") so I did it, I actually shot her, I cried all night seeing it over and over again... .

Well what else do you want to know?

Well i figured something out from where I am stuck. Monty (a translater) is supposed to go talk to the villager but he isn't. I retried the mission 3 or 4 times with the same result (nothing).

haha so you can shoot the villagers at will?!?! did you really cry... you can lean on my shoulder if you want

im gonna crack soon if i keep hearing about the game....*keeps rocking in fetile position*

Originally posted by CKY1709
    haha so you can shoot the villagers at will?!?! did you really cry... you can lean on my shoulder if you want
    SPOILERS:

Yes you can, and then they are running around and screaming and a woman was lying wounded on the floor talking somethign in Vietnamese... I think she was complaining, don't ask me why she complained... I had everything under control... ahumm.

But I figured it out. I am through now. I just had to continue along the route and there was the journalist. I was mislead by the Lt saying that somebody had to ask the villager where the journalist was.

And no I was not really crying . But if you are female, I DO want to cry on your shoulder. .

Some news on other missions (SPOILERS): mortar strikes, napalm strikes I have witnessed!! And there is a mission where you have to defend some kind of old vietnamese fortress (Castle like), you go behind a stationary gun overheating rather fast, and then start shooting they are coming in by dozens at a time! Then we had to pull back and I could snipe from above.

There were lots of POW's in that camp, and there were dead mutilated US bodies all over the place. There are lots of bodies in missions and heads on spikes and they look really bloody. And throwing a grenade in some VC or NVA troops, they splatter and it looks awful when you look at the body parts.

The multiple shots were needed because I was shooting with a smg it appeared, not the m16. With the m16 rifle it went a bit faster, if they were close enough.

Well I joined the special operations last evening; after my excellent target practise on the civilians, my achievements didn't go unnoticed!! Now I gotta use stealth and kill the VC women with knives from close by. Thank god this isn't real life for me!!
    Last edited by Hobbit; 09-05-2004 at 10:41 AM.

DUDE!!!! i F* WANT THIS GAME RIGHT NOW!!!

Just played it for several hours (laughing at those who cannot muhahahaha)... sorry couldn't resist. To make the wait an even heavier burden, some new stories!!

SPOILERS:

You see a cutscene where you are in a huey helicopter flying over a town and then suddenly hell breaks lose, the gunner is firing but he is shot, the pilots are kinda panicking telling you to get your behind to the machine gun in the chopper... yep that's right. firing that heavy mg on the side of the huey on the poor NVA and VC below!!

Then the chopper lands and you are outside, in the middle of a city. Then you see some very cruel city fights. They are hiding in buildings and behind windows, there is even a nasty sniper.

THen all of a sudden you come in a quiet neighbourhood, you see some civilians bended over to some dead husbands and wives who didnt make it. You walk closer, and suddenly they start running, a friendly screams "AMBUSH!!!" and then hell breaks lose again. I throw a grenade and see some VC women with guns flying through the air. One crawls away shouting something in english. Then I look at the wall with some grafiti on it "go home USA" or something.

I continue through the city, and there is my objective, an american flaming some VC leftovers. We join in and we talk a bit about how we missed all the fun. Suddenly I hear a whistle, and there they coem again wave after wave... . It was hell!! I picked up a rifle (I think it is a German Mauser, 5 bullets in each magazine, reload after every shot) and go for some 1 shot 1 kills. I did pretty well. I tried to flank em but ran into an mg nest and died :'(.
    Last edited by Hobbit; 09-05-2004 at 10:41 AM.

what gun can you pick in the first level and how long until you can use the m16

SPOILERS:

Well you start with some sort of an smg I dunno which one. Then you shoot some VC and you can pick up whatever they were using, AK47, mauser like rifles, some heavier machine guns, their grenades. It doesn't take long before you can get the m16. And you can sometimes pick em up from enemy VC who got it from dead US troops (I figure). Some of them even have that grenade thrower M79 or whatever it's called. And RPG rocket launchers!! Ohh and of course the m60!! Really cool! Some VC use mortars but I couldn't use that.

You can pick up trophies though (insigna's, small buddha statues), and after each mission you see how much you missed (for instance: trophies: 8 out of 14). Maybe it depends on the trophies which weapons are released.

If you earn money ( don't know if you earn money by getting these insigna's or for doing missions) you can even go to a h**ker area, and ask a lovely girl for some "boom boom", you see her standing sexy int he doorway, and you enter the building!
    Last edited by Hobbit; 09-05-2004 at 10:40 AM.

Here's an overview of the weapons I can get at the shooting range (what you pick there you keep for the mission). I get these after several hours of playing, the rifle on my back is the latest addition :-).

http://members.home.nl/pslapak/weapons.jpg

Dang... you guys are lucky you still have everything in front of you :-(. I just completed the game.

The last mission is really really really HOT!!

SPOILERS:

Last edited by Hobbit; 09-05-2004 at 10:39 AM.

Smile

You can use [.spoil]text[./spoil] or [.spoiler]text[./spoiler] without the dots for spoiler text. Which results in this:

test

And you can use the edit button if you have something to add.

You start off with the m16 rifle I believe, If your watch the videos.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast