From the 'how is the soundtrack' poll/topic (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30144), we got as far as saying a few things but I thought I should make a new thread to get people's attention who might not have seen that thread (which isn't obviously at first glance about how to get the music from DX2).
So, some information:
- The ambient music in Deus Ex 2 is made by the same guy that made the music for the original game.
- The music 'by' NG Resonance is in fact real music performed by the band The Kidney Thieves. There are five tracks used from their 'Trickstereprocess' album for Deus Ex: Invisible War, but no one seems to know which ones they are/what their names are.
- You need to use a program called 'Dragon Unpacker 5' to open the four .csc files in the Deus Ex 2 - Invisible War\Content\DX2\Sounds directory.
- These all contain some of the soundtrack from the game, and the file called 'SchemaMetafile_HardDrive.csc' also, from what a member called JayCee posted, contains the music used for NG Resonance in the game.
- According to 'Phthalo Type' and 'dcpDarkMatter
', to get the NG Resonance/Kidney Thieves songs you are supposed to use the HyperRipper program built into Dragon Unpacker, search for .ogg files in the 'SchemaMetafile_HardDrive.csc' file and extract them.
I've been having problems myself though at getting at the music, and so has 'TheFang'. The problem is to quote them, "the ripping tool included in dragonunpacker does basically work, but it only recognizes wav files and such, no .ogg. so only about 20% of the files are actually playable in winamp or xmplay, mostly just sound effects... "
If anyone can help, that would be great and please post here I thought it'd be helpful if anyone else has the same problem or wants to get the music and doesn't know how to as well.
(P.S. any moderator want to make this sticky/pinned/whatever? )