Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [SPOILER] there may not be another sequel

Default there may not be another sequel

eidos is reporting lower than expected profits and is naming less than spectacular sales of defiance as a reason.

gamespy reported this

this, on top of the fact crystal dynamics is now in charge of doing tombraider, means bad things for us...

which sucks, cuz this game should have sold great....it was much better than the previous games.

http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genm...;topic=12416269

I'm getting Page Cannot be Found with that link.

I wouldn't worry about whether or not there would be another sequel. Remember, people said the same things after SR2 and BO2 were released.
    "I will ransom them from the power of the grave,
    I will redeem them from death.
    O Death, I will be your plagues!
    O Grave, I will be your destruction!
    Pity is hidden from My eyes."

Hosea 13:14

So, link to the Gamespy story?

Arrow

Retail price for PC version has already dropped 20%. I guess the word is getting around that the game is too hard to control. Who wants to play a game that's no fun because of the frustrating lack of control?

sad...it didn't have to be this way...

Well if it's the end of the series, it's the end of the series.

As much as I hate to say it there is nothing we can do about it if Eidos stops making it because it isn't making them money, as much as we would all hate to see it end.

But, I'm not sure whether this will have any effect on their statement or not, normally, or all past Legacy of Kain games have been released in the UK/Europe and the US within the same trading quater so if they go on sales of that, then they are bound to only get half the sales they were expecting. Like I say, I don't know if it will effect it or not, probably doesn't.

Jeffers
    Wondering what ever happend to QA and where this Out Now, Patch Later culture came from!!!!

Well if they are puting an end in the series I think they should realy do the end with a final game.

Default Tomb Raider

Doesn't the fact that CD are now in control of Tomb Raider mean that more Legacy Of Kain games are more LIKELY to be made?

That would be very bad. Money shmoney. It's the principal of the matter. There has to a final game where the Hylden go down once and for all. I would like to see Kain go back the SR1 time and crush them. Since he has the most powerfully enhanced reaver, he should be able too. Especially, at the cost of the enhancement. Which I hope in some way or another can reversed, if only for a time. I already miss him.

PF

As long as the public (us) keep on expressing interest in the game series they can hardly refuse to continue making LOK games because profit can be made.

I guess the word is getting around that the game is too hard to control. Who wants to play a game that's no fun because of the frustrating lack of control?
    Yup, xarax as obsessed as ever .

Personally, I think it's lack of promotion that is keeping the LoK series sell low... Look at the Tomb Raider series -it's much worse than LoK, but it's got a great promotional engine, so it sells better.

The thing is LoK is a cult series with a small but devoted hardcore of fans and, lets face it the last few games havn't been great (which is Eidos' fault for making them action games instead of keeping with their RPG roots.) and the main appeal of the series is actually the game's story, universe and the iconic characters backed up by incredbile scripting and voice acting. The gameplay has really devolved since Soul Reaver, with the following games' mechanics being repetetive, unoriginal, and, with Defaince a really bad game camera.
    That said it would really be a shame not to have another sequel, just to finish the awesome with a big bang.
    Last edited by Errant Turel; 02-11-2004 at 10:18 AM.
    "Conscience? You dare speak to me of conscience? Only when you have felt the full gravity of choice should you dare question my judgement!"

maybe they shud re-release BO1 wit better grafics, sum people are REALLY after a copy.

or maybe a lok fightin game, but kain would win with raziels soul in da reaver.

IT CAN'T END, NOT LIKE THIS!
    Last edited by Umah Bloodomen; 02-16-2004 at 11:19 AM.

Zephon i am in complete agreement. Perhaps Kain and Raziel should be in the next Soul Caliber (No pun intended).
    Last edited by Errant Turel; 02-11-2004 at 12:55 PM.
    "Conscience? You dare speak to me of conscience? Only when you have felt the full gravity of choice should you dare question my judgement!"

Fighting in two player mode would indeed be fun, maybe CD should include it as a bonus in the next game, something like the duel codes for Enter the Matrix...

Smile

Just to let you all know...
    There is another LOK game in the works.
    Nothing official has been announced about it yet.
    ~Chris
    Christopher Bruno ~ QA Manager ~ Crystal Dynamics ~ Mastering ~ Eidos Inc
    cbruno@crystald.com

Great news

I just hope there's going to be a PC version...

Originally posted by Chris@Crystal
    Just to let you all know...
    There is another LOK game in the works.
    Nothing official has been announced about it yet.
    ~Chris
    Now, that's good to know.

***watches the posts in the this thread grow and grOW and GROW...***

hehe...

Later!

Nice one lads! "We are one step closer to our destiny." I gonna be looking forward to this.

Originally posted by van_HellSing PL
    Look at the Tomb Raider series -it's much worse than LoK
    oh come on! tomb raider isn't that bad? i mean i only looked at soul reaver because it reminded me so much of TR - ie, the block moving and puzzles, the level design and scale - plus they are big adventure titles.

Ok, AOD was pants, I'll admit that but the early TRs are still playable.

One wish from me to CD about TR is that they make the controls less difficult to master and make lara more fluid. This was said to me today by a good friend and i couldnt agree more.

maybe we could have kain meets lara! <dies>

Talking

Originally posted by moose562
    maybe we could have kain meets lara! <dies>
    I don't see why not, afterall, Umah already met Lara....

Hmm, Tomb Reaver? Soul Raider?

Tomb Raider isn't that bad, but IMHO LoK is waaay better .

TR2 wasn't too bad but the rest were pointless. I'm not even gonna talk about AoD. I hope Lok6 moves away from that sort of shallow affair and ditches the stupid push- block puzzles for something more cerebral and less repetetive. Console games have evloved, witness Biowares KoTR.
    Last edited by Errant Turel; 02-11-2004 at 01:18 PM.

Cool picture Umah

Good to hear that there's another game in the works although it doesn't really suprise me. As of now I think most of us only forsee one more game coming out anyway. We just have to hope that the sales will justify it.

I've been trying to get more of my friends into the series so that they'll buy the games. So far I've gotten one to become a loyal fan. All you have to do is get them into the story and with the intro for SR1 and SR2 on the Defiance disc combined with a little explanation, it's not all that difficult. Not to mention if they watch you play Defiance for a bit they can see how pretty it is The only drawback is getting them into the first 2 games because they are outdated which is a shame since those 2 have the core of the story.
    Fear is the Mindkiller...

Default Great news, Chris!

Well, now that we know that there is going to be at least one more LOK installment (for now, anyway) and that the BL is monitoring our humble thread, just some suggestions based on all the pros and cons voiced thus far:

1)Either revert to a previous camera system or take the time to perfect the cinematic camera, meaning we don't find ourselves blinded by a wall, tree, etc., and remain largely behind our character unless otherwise necessary.

2) Get back (as much as possible) to the BO1 RPG style of play and reduce the repetition of areas and redundant combat with enemies that have been killed and killed and kil...

3) For all the PC gamers (of which I'm not one), refine the keyboard controls to be as smooth and responsive as a game pad.

I think these refinements would address 99% of people's gripes with Defiance, and with CD's great story LOK will end on a BIG high note.
    "Locked! What a love of rules these pathetic moderators have"

It's a good thing that a new game is in the works. But I do hope that it's not the end, but if it is.... I sure hope that they'll end it well. I, being a fan of the LoK series since I was 10 (my dad got me into it when he got Blood Omen 1 back in '96), have been on the LoK bandwagon since the beginning, I don't wanna be disappointed now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast