Eidos Forums

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Eidos Classics > Deus Ex Series > Deus Ex: Invisible War

Old 02-06-2004, 08:37 PM
Permanent Vacation

Typical. After months of the game's release, Ion Storm is making more patches. You know, I would've rather had it that they did it like Half Life, and postponed the whole thing for like a year. That way, it would've worked out the countless problems without needing patches. That way, Deus Ex's reputation would have been intact. It's a shame, really.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Viking2
Typical. After months of the game's release, Ion Storm is making more patches. You know, I would've rather had it that they did it like Half Life, and postponed the whole thing for like a year. That way, it would've worked out the countless problems without needing patches. That way, Deus Ex's reputation would have been intact. It's a shame, really.
I'm not sure if you posted in the right thread, or if it was a general statement, or if you meant the Texture Pack.

If you mean the Texture Pack, it's not made by Ion Storm, but by the modding community.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:32 PM
New Player

Thumbs up WOW!

hey guys, would like to thank you so much for this pack! Since I've started playing IW two weeks ago I always felt not really comfortable in the world, also I got a little headache playing the game.
But now all that is gone!!! It looks so cool now, allthough I know that the pack changed nothing with the lightening, the lightening fits now much better. There's a really big difference if the nice lightening FX fell on the old textures than on the new, high res ones.

My performance decreased for about 5-10% with the pack, but my fun playing the game increased for at least 20% !!!

FANTASTIC WORK GUYS!!!

...perhaps you could get your work in the next official patch!?
Old 02-15-2004, 12:57 PM
New Player

Default Nice work!

Bravo!! Thanx for the hard work on this everyone! This really puts Ion to shame. After all, If I had wanted an XBox game I would have bought the XBox version (which when you think about it, we all did, LOL!).
Old 02-16-2004, 04:52 PM
Gamer

*pimp*

Website is just about up and running....
http://www.dx2rebirth.offtopicproduc...com/index.html

*/pimp*
Old 03-01-2004, 12:20 PM
New Player

How do i activate the hi-res textures...cos I've installed it but there is no difference in the game....is there a way to switch it on?
Old 03-02-2004, 03:51 PM
New Player

when the game loads dose it show the wallpaper of the texterpack with the guy and the gun ,.,.if so the texterpack is on,. i beleve
Old 03-07-2004, 06:48 AM
New Player

I've got a problem...

I downloaded the texture Pack, it it doesn't seem to be working.

I start the game, and the loading screen is a big grey block, and in-game, al characters and a lot of other textures are completly purple, with no textures!

I suppose I'm doing something wrong, but what?
Old 03-07-2004, 10:36 AM
Gamer

Ion Storm have managed to make it so that the european version of DX2 doesnt like the texture pack...

To fix it you need to go to your Program Files/Deus Ex - Invisible War/Content/DX2/Textures/DynamicallyLoaded folder.
Select all the files in this folder and copy them to the appropriate english/german/etc subfolder.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:56 AM
New Player

Thanks!

it worked, but now the game crashes every time I speak with Leo for the first time...

Damn this sucks...I really looked foreward to the game, and al it does is dissappoint by not-working all the time.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:02 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally posted by WingsOfDaidalos
I've got a problem...

I downloaded the texture Pack, it it doesn't seem to be working.

I start the game, and the loading screen is a big grey block, and in-game, al characters and a lot of other textures are completly purple, with no textures!

I suppose I'm doing something wrong, but what?
I get the same issue here. European release patch v1.2, British, and I get odd texture blocks instead of text. I'll have a fiddle around and see if I can narrow down which IBD launcher settings work and which don't.

Love the screenshots.. I want it working on my machine

edit: Doh! Should have figured. It was the font patch.

WingsOfDaidalos, if you want it to work, do the All Textures preset and click the green cross, then once that is done, select Font from the drop down box and click the red minus symbol. Then launch as normal

edit2: Hmmm... you're right, I was wrong.. those textures do need moved. How clever of Eidos. However the game now crashes. Back to testing each option I think

Last edited by Garp; 03-08-2004 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:20 PM
Gamer

apologies to everyone struggling to get it working but I have absolutely no idea what Ion Storm have changed for the european release.

btw garp: you OCuk?
Old 03-09-2004, 12:20 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally posted by Koif
apologies to everyone struggling to get it working but I have absolutely no idea what Ion Storm have changed for the european release.

btw garp: you OCuk?
Indeed I am

I sussed it by the way. Its just what you were talking about, the texture files need to be moved into the relevant language locations. The mistake I made after sussing that was that I moved ALL the files there, instead of just the .dds files. You have to leave the font files where they were. Got it running nicely now
Old 03-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Gamer

Say, what happened to the texture packs web site? when I go there I get a error form offtopicproductions.com telling me the site has been suspended.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:11 PM
New Player

I must be extremely thick, because I still have trouble getting this working.

Could somebody possibly post some EXACT installation instructions on how to get this working for the British DVD version? And what are the names of the files that are NOT .dds that shouldn't be moved?
Old 03-10-2004, 03:31 PM
Gamer

The webhost has suspended the account due to excessive bandwidth use...

To install the texture pack on the uk version:

Install game as normal

Install texture pack as normal

COPY (not cut!) ALL the files in the
Deus Ex - Invisible War/Content/DX2/Textures/DynamicallyLoaded folder to the relevant language subfolder. This may be inefficient on diskspace but it will at least make sure everything is found.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:18 PM
New Player

Default problem with texture pack

well it worked fine for a little while, then i got to a new level.... now this happened:

http://home.comcast.net/~rex_blade63...p_textures.JPG

lil help?

PAAAAHLEEEEASE!!

Thanks in advance

~Rex
Old 03-28-2004, 11:48 AM
Gamer

Hey John P i downloaded some single skins from your site and loaded them on and stuff. I did everything in the instructions. But when I loaded the game some of them worked (AlexD male black torso, AlexD Male face with no purple eyes beard and scars, AlexD female blue torso, AlexD female face with no purple eyes, the hands, Klara's torso and Leo's torso). The other ones I got (Dr. Leila Nassif, Klara's face, Leo's face, Billie Adams, NG Resonance, the male scientist, the female scientist and the knights templar weird body suit thing) didn't work, they just came up with no texture at all it was just a peachy colour. What have I done wrong and what should I do.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:02 PM
Gamer

Hi -=SOAD=-.

Sounds a bit odd that you got some of them working and not all.

From what you're saying, I think you have overridden the textures correctly, since the models are now without textures, but I'm guessing the game can't locate the texture files for some reason.

Which is odd, because I haven't changed the path to where my textures are installed lately. So if some are found, all of them should be found.

Maybe you should double check the DynamicallyLoaded folder and see if the textures are actually there.
And if you have a european version, you may have to copy the textures over to the language folder inside the Dynamically Loaded folder.
For instance it would be DynamicallyLoaded\english if you're in the UK.

I really can't see any other reasons why they wouldn't work, especially since some of them do.

I test all my skins obviously, so they should work when put in the correct folder(and the texture name is overridden in the .idb files), but I don't actually test my installer anymore for each new skin revision.

The installer should work fine with the US version though, 'cause it puts the textures to the correct path then, but it may be different with the European versions of the game. I haven't really gotten enough feedback to tell.

To recap the points above;

1) Check the DynamicallyLoaded folder to see if the texture files that don't work are actually in there.

2) If they are, try copying them to your language folder(if you have a European version of the game, that is).

If none of that works, open idbOverride.exe and type in the texture names of those textures that won't work again, hit Find & Restore first, then Find & Override for each of the texture names.

Tell me how it goes.

[EDIT] I just read your post in the 1.2 patch thread, and I think you may have mucked something up.
I think perhaps you have a European version, that you have tried to patch with the US 1.2 patch?
If you do have one of the European versions, you don't have to, and actually must not try to apply any patch, 'cause all patches are for the US version only.

I think your best bet is to uninstall/reinstall the game.

PS. Adding my textures won't have any negative effect on the game other than maybe slowing down level loading and perhaps affecting performance somewhat. They will not corrupt the game or anything.
The full Texture Pack and it's user interface may be a little (too) stressful on not so high end systems though, and so may cause a crash because the PC is stressed too hard. But if so it should be noticed using other applications as well.[/EDIT]

Last edited by John P.; 03-30-2004 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:32 AM
Gamer

thx, i found out a few days ago that i already had the patch cos it said in my corner 1.2 plus i live in england. ill let u know how it goes
Old 04-23-2004, 10:53 AM
New Player

The texture pack looks great, but the dark clothing just doesn't go with NG Resonance (even though that's how she's shown on the poster), she looks too gothic in it. Would removing the custom version of NG texture from the DynamicallyLoaded folder revert her texture to the original? Or would that cause her not to have any texture at all?
Old 04-25-2004, 12:16 PM
Gamer

I personally find it kinda strange how many people seem to think a dark clothed NG Resonance is too 'gothic' or just 'too dark'.

Not only is she dark clothed in the posters, but if you walk up to a NG Resonance kiosk, like for instance in the Greasel Pit, and click it to listen to different songs, you'll find that it's not exactly sugar coated bubblegum pop she's singing to!

And as for Kidneythieves, the band that have made and are playing the NG Resonance music, here's how one of their album covers look:

Anyway - all that aside - for those who still likes a pink version better, I have made a pink version of my NG Resonance textures, and you'll find them in the NPC section of my site.

As for the other thing you asked; if you just remove the textures from the DynamicallyLoaded folder, she will lose all textures in-game.

You need to use either idb_Override.exe or idb_patcher.exe to disable those high res textures first, then remove them.

In idb_Override, you have to manually put in each texture name and click Find & Restore.
In idb_patcher, you will find the texture names in the window with all the texture names, and all you'll have to do then is untick the tickboxes for those textures, and you'll play the game with the original textures again
(you only use either idb_patcher.exe or idb_Override.exe to do this of course, not both.)

Last edited by John P.; 04-25-2004 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:50 PM
Gamer

I installed lots of your single textures but now i want to install the texture pack. Will anything happen if I install the pack because I have those single textures?
Old 04-26-2004, 03:01 PM
Gamer

No, nothing bad will happen.

I'm assuming it's my Micro Texture Pack you're talking about.

Even if you already have the Community Texture Pack installed, there shouldn't be any problems with installing my small Texture Pack.

My Pack is fully automated as well, so when you've clicked Install, and the install procedure is finished, it will automatically launch idb_patcher.exe, which will install the textures(override the originals). It will do this regardless of if you have the Community Texture Pack installed or not.

(be "warned" that idb_patcher.exe takes some time to override the original textures, but there is a graphic with a "loading bar" telling you how much time is left)

So all you have to do is install, then play.

UNLESS you have the European version(which I think you do), in which case you need to (again) copy all files from the DynamicallyLoaded folder to the language specific folder inside DynamicallyLoaded.

For instance DynamicallyLoaded\german if you have the German version.

Let me know if something gets messed up.

Lots of people have tried it by now though, and I haven't gotten any negative technical feedback yet.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:54 AM
Gamer

Ok but what face will be on the Alexes?