Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deus Ex: Invisible War - Possible fixes for common problems

Quote Originally Posted by need help View Post
    Well simple answer the game worked before the patch so take the patch out. Maybe you don't have enough ram however.
    To be honest, that makes no sense as to why something that is released to help make a game function better would make it worse. However, it is something that I shall fool around with. Though I'd like to get the game working with both patch and the awesome texture pack, since that was one of the many reasons I purchased this great game for PC.

As for ram, I think I'm doing alright. I've got 2 gigs of ram. The game itself runs just fine, when it does run, on max settings. To also add to what I've got, I've got the CD version of the game. Since it seems like there is something with the copy protection on Deus Ex Invisible War to where it only seldom identifies that it's the original copy, is there something I can modify or should I purchase a DVD copy? I'm not sure if it's my DVD drive or what, since I've never had this issue before with any of my other PC games.

Thanks in advance for any advice that is offered!
    Last edited by CyanideBlizzard; 05-17-2008 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Forgot something

Try reducing the resolution and graphics and blood gore and all that stuff might make the game run better

Quote Originally Posted by need help View Post
    Try reducing the resolution and graphics and blood gore and all that stuff might make the game run better
    I think we are having a miscommunication. What's happening is the game works fine. I can more than run the game on the system I have (Dual Core Processor, Radeon HD 2600 Pro card, 2 Gb ram) but the issue I'm having is with the disc itself. It seems that the program doesn't want to register that I have the actual disc in my drive. It's not a matter of the game actually running, rather the program acknowledging that I have the official disc in my drive.

So far, my only fix to the problem is when the game actually runs, to keep it up and just alt tab when I need to do something else.

Thanks though for the help! I'm glad that at least someone is trying to help out =D.

EDIT : Well, I decided to find a different means to fix the solution, a means I didn't want to resort to but I'm rather tired of trying to figure out what is wrong without having to buy another copy of the game. I might see if I can't try to find a solution to the problem in the future, but after two days of fooling around I was unsuccessful. If anyone else is able to, feel free to let me know!
    Last edited by CyanideBlizzard; 05-18-2008 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Solution, sort of.

Ok folks I've managed to fix the issue that the game hangs @ the mainscreen.

It's cause the game has trouble with dual cores.

Switch one core off By doing the following:

* ctrl+alt+delete
    * select the D2Main.exe
    * Right mouse click on it
    * Choose Select Affinity and deselect Core 1.
    * u need to be fast, so as soon the intromovies starts do it, otherwise ur stuck at the main menu again.

Hope this helps u guys out. Perhaps a good reason to put it into this sticky??

Or download this program, it can do it before u start the game xD

WinLauncherXP
    Last edited by StriFey; 06-29-2008 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StriFey View Post
    Ok folks I've managed to fix the issue that the game hangs @ the mainscreen.

It's cause the game has trouble with dual cores.

Switch one core off By doing the following:
    I tried the single-core affinity program from Tom's Hardware (I think), but even with that I had occasional reboots (winXP, ATI graphics, core2 dual core) when changing levels - starting at the lift up to seattle early on.

Finally I read about booting up in single processor mode. In winXP this can be done with msconfig or editing boot.ini to have the switch /numproc=1 . It's easier in vista and win7 I think.

Hope this helps. I only found out about it from searching for others' solutions.

The background processes were making the game slow for me. So I ended up downloading gamebooster by iobit and it shuts down every background process to speed up games. I also used DXTool and changed the Cache Size to 64. The mouse movement was too fast, but I have a G5 logitech mouse and slowed the mouse speed down and was able to play the game with no issues. In the past when I didn't shut down processes I could barely play on low settings but now I can play on high to medium settings.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123