BLUE=Relatively NEW addition
This Tweak Guide is as easy as CAKE, if you are not an XBOX owner. If you are I will consider answering any questions you might have due to your mental handicap. J/K that's just some good humor; I happen to own an xbox indirectly. My brother has one, and I can say it is my favorite console.
DRIVERS: THESE ARE NOT THE OFFICIAL DRIVERS. NVHARDPAGE IS NOT MADE OR SUPPORTED BY NVIDIA. DNA IS NOT MADE OR SUPPORTED BY ATI. USE AT YOUR OWN DISCRESION. I must also say i have used the drivers for ever and only had improvements. If you don't trust the drivers you can read about them on their sites.
- http://download.guru3d.com/dna/. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE OEMGACORNER ATI DRIVERS, THESE ARE MUCH BETTER
- Download the latest forceware drivers and then download NVHARDPAGE http://download.guru3d.com/nvhardpage/
once done install it, and enter the program.
Click performance wizard, now answer the question first question with performance instead of quality(most likely you want Deus ex to get more frames, don't worry you won't suffer too much IQ at all). Go though the questions it asks you, and yes you will be using antialiasing(i.e. mutlisampling)
IMPORTANT READ HERE
Lately there have been people worried about installing modified drivers because they are not official. I know this is due to them not understanding what it is meant by modified, so I will explain. In no way do any modified drivers change the instructions for the videocard. They change the way the card interfaces with the system, or any other thing like that. What they do is change settings like LOD, Filtering, buffering, AA, and other settings to get more quality or performance out of the drivers. They will not cause problems. It is exactly the same as changing the quality slider in the advanced display properties menu. That is all it is, in no way did some make their own drivers for the card. This would be an incredibly impossible task for one individual to partake. That is why Nvidia and Ati hire masses of people to develop their drivers. If you are still shaky on whether or not to install them, then you obviosly don't understand what I just got done saying. So to put it simply, the only difference between the official and unofficial is the official you have to tweak it yourself, and the unofficial it is done by a talented individual. However the more you look into it, the less and less talent you see it takes. If you know what you are doing and you want the best tweaker that supports ATI and NVIDIA, get rivatuner at www.guru3d.com. Only download this tool if you know what you are doing. Even though it has the name riva in it, it is unofficial. Just like every tweaker is.
NVIDIA MODIFIED DRIVERS IN TWO FLAVORS:
- OMEGA DRIVERS Some people hate the new forceware driver, I dont know why but they do. So, goto omegacorner.com get 14523a. When you have them installed goto the driverkx and replace it with this file instead.
- http://www.dreamsinmotion.co.uk/storage/nv4_disp.rar to clarify, you will choose performance as usual and go all the way through the download, then when it is time to update your drivers you will replace the nv4_disp with the one in the driverKX folder, NOT the driverkx\quality folder or the driverkx\performance folder.
OK drivers are done with
- STARSTORM DRIVERS http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?threadid=73460 These do not autoinstall you must update from the device manager. Personally I like these drivers better. The 53.03 drivers are now released.
DISABLE XP SERVICES THE EASY WAY:
- goto panging's post and do what it says. Now you will have to scripts, one that disables the services and one that defaults them. When you run the script you antivirus will say it is malicious, it is not. By looking at the code of the script it is obvious it will not cause any harm to your system.
OK services are taken care of
- get cacheman at http://www.outertech.com/ once it is installed, click profiles and load the gaming profile. done with that exit out cacheman, you should never have to use it again.
- goto http://www.pgware.com/products-gamegain.html and download gamegain. NOTE: this is just the demo version and all it does is a query of you systems hardware and then puts tweaks in the registry. There are two settings, fast and fastest. There is a difference in how good the tweaks are, but fast will have to do. I will not give any information out about my cdkey or any illegal actions to hinder the program. So, don't ask. This is nothing you couldn't research and find which registry keys do what, but this is a much easier way to do everything.
NOW FOR DEUS EX TWEAKS
- download DXTOOL http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...threadid=29529
look at the screenshot it has of the program, those are what you settings should be at. Except put anistrophic filtering level at 1
- downlaod DXIW tweaker 1.3.4
For the settings on this one, use common sense, only put antialiasing on 1(i.e. multisampling). Putting it on 0 will result in considerable graphical glitches on some cards.
ONE LAST THING, So you want to cheat but have no clue how, go here:
- http://www.deusexzone.info/generator/generator.php once everything is done, rename demotravel.txt to travel.log, and save it to the DXIW system folder. Now play, i know it gives you the option to choose what you look like, but all you will ever be is a white female. When it asks what to put the shadows LOD (i.e. level of detail) put it at 0 for performance.
Ok that is everything you could possibly do.
One last NOTE: None of these tweaks, drivers, or reg hacks are supported by Eidos, Ionstorm, Microsoft or anyone else affiliated with any kind of official team. They are not official in any kind of way. Use at your on discresion
NEW Tweaks or one's I FORGOT
- Download enditall2 http://home.ptd.net/~don5408/toolbox/enditall/ and once you have it enditall before you play the game. If you have an antivirus program, firewall, ghosting program, system utitilities program, you will have to click the allow kill button to get rid of it. I strongly recommend this to gain better performance. For your antivirus you can keep it locked, just disable it during your gameplay. For everything else enditall.
- Download TweakUI at windows site http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ertoySetup.exe Then disable CD autorun to get rid of the ION launcher during gameplay.
- Defragment you computer. You would be surprised how much this really helps. If you want a good defragmenter, I suggest purchasing Perfect Disk v6.0. It gives the ability to defrag your files according to use, and it defrags your page file and other system oriented files.
- OPTIMIZE YOUR BIOS SETTINGS http://www.omegacorner.com/bios.htm These are the settings you should have. To be safe, don't change anything relating to your ram unless you know what you are doing. To get into your BIOS, press the DEL, F1, or F2 keys. It will most likely be the DEL or F1 key to get in. Once your in gointo each menu looking for the BIOS settings listed.
- HIGH PRIORITY TWEAK
If you already have an unstable system do not do this, it will not help in the least bit. My system is stable because I have configured it correctly, explaining how to do this would be a whole tweak guide in itself which I don't have the time to do. This tweak is most effective on slower machines, but you will get some increase with faster ones as well. In order for this to work you must have absolutely no programs running in the background. If you know how to end the task on window's shell that is also recommended. What high priority does, is it put the majority of the processors cycles on the program you are running. This will cause instablility if other programs are running, because not all programs are written to be compatible while another program is in this mode. YOU MUST EXIT OUT OF ANTIVIRUS. I know for a fact with mine on it messes everything up. I have tested this mode for a while now and I haven't had any crashes. This will not work with all games, it doesn't work for Halo. I tried it and I can never get it to go more than about 10 mins. Ok without further a do, here is how you do it:
Create a new text file in your DXIW system directory
type this (start /high dx2.exe) no parenthesis.
now goto save as in the file menu
goto the save as type box and put it as ALL instead of .txt
now for the name type dx2.bat
then create a shortcut by rightclicking and then create shortcut
drag and drop the shortcut to your desktop
ok its done
Oops I forgot something, you will probably want to know how my game performance is with these tweaks
Well, on a Athlon XP 1800, Ti 4200, 768 ram Windows XP PRO SP2.
My playing Res is at 800 by 600. It runs incredibly smooth. It is easily above 40fps. Those of you saying 30fps is a playable framerate, how dare you. 30fps is terrible, it has frequent pause ups. I would hope for 40fps at least. To test this, if you have halo, use the 30fps sync mode, and just watch how crappy your gameplay is. By following everything on this guide, you will be able to play at framerates above 30fps easily. However, 486 and with S3 built into the motherboard should take their DXIW game and burn for warmth from this cold winter were having. Thats all.