Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Wrote a pak file extractor, modified the game

Anybody know if its possible to increase the maximum number on units allowed epr game? If so...where?

You can do that with a trainer .... when running in the background it lets you hit a function key during the game to remove the command units, max units, limits, gives honor points, etc.

I know, i have it, but what i mean is for the entire game so the computer builds more men, i find it quite easy

Hi!
    I finished the mod with the Greek race.
    I have sent the beta of mod for 10 people. Six people of them have seen that the textures of the Barbarian soldiers are equal who the textures of the Greek "Porteadores". This also happens with the textures of the Roman arqueros, infanteria light Roman... This passes with all the models 3D in which I have been based to make the race Greek. But to four people it does not happen this, and see all normal one him, each unit with its texture, as for example it is my case. I see all normal.
    I have proven to make changes commanding archives to the affected people to see if the problem is fixed, but it didn`t work.
    I don`t have nor idea of because it works to and to other no.

How this could be solved?

Great work this mod,thank you verry much awakening,and happy new year

I havn't looked through this entire post but is it some how possible to make campaigns, like u guys hav made multiplayer games?

Hi im having a few troop problems, i am trying to edit my centurioans code so that he wil have a higher attack (kill someone before he dies miserably) so ive edited my varios yer ok so now how do i implement it into the game, because when i make a new pak for it, it stays exactly the same, so i thought maybe u just replace the file i edited and put that as the varios pak instead as the original, but it crashes the game, any help would be appresiated thanks
    Julio

you do not have to create a new pak file. just extract a pak file to DATA and edit the files. be sure to backup!

Thats the problem you see, it doesnt actually change anything, what im trying to do is get my centurian to have a higher attack so he can kill someone, So what you're saying is that you just extract the pak change the files in the varios.backup and it would work (overide the same files in the varios, im editing the armas romanos and unidades romanos) I dont get it! please help me!

Thanks for replying seeing as this thread has bin dead for a long time
    Julio

Exclamation Ever felt dead and suddenly alive again?

Hy there folks!

Guess who is about to get out of skull for this summer?
    Huh, huh? I can't hear you guys!!!

Be carefull! You have a Doom on your tails!

I'll be out of high school for this summer so I'll make my
    homework on Praetorians and I'll do something 2 help you guys!

Ah! By the way! I've learned how 2 programm in Delphi!

For ever the same guy,

EoF.BlackDoom;

I wish you the very best luck!!
    Check out the first page of this topic for some links.
    Also check out the topics by Jare if you are a programmer.
    The info from Jare is also available in my modding guide.

aWaKeNiNG:
    I have sent the beta of mod for 10 people. Six people of them have seen that the textures of the Barbarian soldiers are equal who the textures of the Greek "Porteadores".
    How this could be solved?

I think you should make an install of mod that won't add new files to the data folder but replace data folder and that will fix this problem If this will help tell me then u'll finish 'couse that formblem has happened to me and I want to play this mod withoud any problems

also if this won't help make a new install of praetorians with all your files u have and then that will be good in another ways 'couse now people must have original praetorians to install your mod ....If u'll create install of all the game they shouldn't have it.........

How can I decript the Music.Pak file and Extract it, I tried the Decrypter but it would not unzip this file. Also how do I unzip all the PAT and other DATA Files.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vici" - Julius Caesar.

REGARDS:
    SHADOW_PRAETORIAN.

You do not have to decode this file since it already is!!

Originally posted by Jare
    “Pack files can have three different extensions: .zip, .pak and .pat. The game is released with .PAK files. .PAT files are reserved for patch data files. .ZIP files are included for the benefit of the mod community (you!), but we made a mistake here: files found inside .PAT packs will have precedence over files found inside .ZIP files. .PAK files are checked last. This means that if you want to release a mod that contains modified versions of several original game files, you are fine with a .ZIP pack; but if you want to include modifications to files that were modified in the patch, you can't do so without messing up a lot. The 1.04 patch contained modifications to the war machine definitions and 3 mission scripts. I think for most mod purposes, you can safely use .ZIP pack files to contain mods.”
    See my modding guide for how to open any of the files used in Praetorians.
    Last edited by sick; 06-12-2004 at 11:42 AM.

Sry, It's just I have been inactive here from like 8-10 Months and I am WAYYYYY behind the 8-ball, thanx!
    "Veni, Vidi, Vici" - Julius Caesar.

REGARDS:
    SHADOW_PRAETORIAN.

The encrypter has a missing file, It doesnt work for me!

It says:

Failed to load control 'CommonDialog' from COMDLG32.oxc. Your version of COMDLG32.oxc may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.
    Please help!

You need the installer, see this link:

http://www.merlinsoftware.com/praetorians/

You might also want to check out my modding guide, which you will probably find very handy.

Default Decrypter Doesn't Work

I've tried using the decrypter to decrypt "Varios.pak" but when I try to open it with WinRar, it say that the archive is either corrupt or damaged! I am using a windows Vista here, can anybody help?

Been a while ... I took a fresh varios.pak file, opened in the pak tool - it recognized it as encrypted and decrypted. I then renamed it from .pak to .zip and it opened ok (I use winrar but the file is a zip which it can open)

Hello, i want to ask, how i can install fortresses and river flows in map editor? (all files of them are coded)

sick, i read your guide about modding, but there you promised a new guide (because many thing are really covered with a veil
    Last edited by sick; 10-04-2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Replaced real name with nickname for privacy

There was a full blown terrain editor, but I never really used it. My stuff was more moving around units/towns

Hmm, well, does this full editor still exist?

I believe that Jason has this version of the editor but he does not want to share her ... too long it is silent

so it looks like the characters in the play by Lope de Vega El perro del hortelano very unfortunate
    Barra!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast