PC Cheats - How to Activate
Just incase you're interested in trying out the cheats.....(I STRONGLY recommend playing through the entire game WITHOUT cheats before using the cheat enabler)....
Can't help you with the PS2 version for cheat codes, but I have managed to get the PC cheat codes to work. I completed the entire game WITHOUT cheats, saved games at the start of every level and moved them to an "extra" hard drive for safe keeping, and then went back and downloaded and set up the cheatcodes for the PC version.
Not an easy thing to get working, but I managed to figure it out.
For PC gamers who'd like to use cheat codes, here's how to do that.
1) First of all, you cannot have downloaded and installed the PC patch(es) for the cheat codes to work. So, if you've installed the patch(es) on your game, I'd recommend doing the following:
(a) Double-click on your MY COMPUTER icon
(b) Double-click on your C:\
(c) Double-click on PROGRAM FILES
(d) Double-click on your EIDOS INTERACTIVE folder
(e) Double-click on your TRAOD folder
(f) Right click on your SAVE GAME folder and click on CUT.
(g) Anywhere on your desktop, right-click once and click on PASTE.
2) Now that you've removed your saved games from your TRAOD, you can safely uninstall the game (again, this is only if you've installed the patch(es) for the game and wish to use cheat codes. If you have NOT installed the patch, then you do NOT need to remove your Save Game folder).
3) After uninstalling the game, reinstall the same way you did originally.
4) Download this file: http://gameguru.box.sk/cheat.php3?cheat=7520
5) After you've downloaded the file, use WinZip (free software at www.winzip.com) and unzip the program.
6) Put the program (extract the files) in your C:\Program Files\Eidos Interactive\TRAOD folder.
How to use the cheats:
a) after downloading and extracting the files to your TRAOD folder, right-click on the "pizza looking icon" and put a shortcut on your desktop.
b) Find your Save Game Folder you placed on your desktop (if you had to uninstall and reinstall the game) and right-click on it. Click on CUT.
c) Open your C:\Program Files\Eidos Interactive\TRAOD folder and right-click inside there. Click on PASTE. Voila, you're saved games are back, safe and sound.
d) Now close all the windows that may be opened on your desktop.
e) Double-click on the Pizza-like shortcut icon on your desktop. A small window will appear with two options: info & quit. Leave that window there (or move it to the side if it truly bugs you).
f) Double-click on your TRAOD icon on your desktop and get into the game.
g) Load any of your previously saved games (I recommend a level where you are LARA and NOT Kurtis).
h) While IN THE GAME (not on the Pause Screen Menu), hit the #1 key on your keyboard (not the numeric pad). A window will appear on top of Lara's screen. Scroll down to CHEAT MODES and select what you'd like...
Each time you wish to use the cheatcodes, you MUST open the Cheat Enabler before loading the game and any previously saved games you have in your Save Game folder.
A WINNER never quits, and never will a QUITTER win!