Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not exactly happy

Quote Originally Posted by Unsatisfied View Post
    I'll let you in on a little secret, a balance patch, an already released DLC, and a "making of" commentary doesn't make DEHRC a different product.
    Oh, sweet lord it does. How could it not? Comparing vanilla HR to the DC, you have more than enough new content to justify a re-packaging. The Developer Commentary is pervasive and enthralling, the Missing Link is ENORMOUS, and the new Boss Battles take the single worst thing about a great game, and make it much better.

If you already have vanilla HR... if you already have The Missing Link... the Director's Cut is not worth spending full price on.

But you can get it for $10 to $15 on Amazon right now. One of the best games I've ever played, with a whole slew of worthy content not found in the standard edition.

If you think it's an unreasonable price, don't buy it. You have a perfectly great game already. But seeing as you've never played the Director's Cut, you don't know what the new boss battles are like, you haven't explored the commentary, and unless I missed it, you haven't played the LONG-ASS Missing Link... you are in no position to claim it oughtn't be sold on its own. You couldn't possibly know.
    signature image

Something something wasted opportunity. Something something fan's cut.

The DC May have been cheap on steam, however on consoles it sold at standard retail price if I remember correctly.

Anyway, I resign.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky_Powers View Post
    you haven't played the LONG-ASS Missing Link... you are in no position to claim it oughtn't be sold on its own. You couldn't possibly know.
    I do own Missing Link. So outside a DLC fans would have already owned, a balance patch for vanilla, and a commentary what exactly justifies a full retail price? The fact is I shouldn't have to spend money for what IS a balance patch. List for me features from the main game in DC that ISNT balancing. Boss fights is rebalance, battery recharge is balance, is there something else I'm missing?

I do own Missing Link. So outside a DLC fans would have already owned, a balance patch for vanilla, and a commentary what exactly justifies a full retail price?
    If you own the Missing Link and HR Vanilla, there is no reason to spend full price. Why are you asking that? What's wrong with you?
    signature image

It wasn't a design choice...
    Apologies if I didn't make it clear. I was explaining that the boss fights themselves were a design choice and thus it is unreasonable to demand a "fix".

Not only have the devs publicly apologized for said fights..
    I don't beleive they apolgised for the boss fights per se; they said they would still choose to implement them again if they could start afresh.
    What they apologised for was their failure to introduce the boss fights into the game correctly in a way that would enhance the player experience. Time was an issue and they had to make compromises. Its a shame... but that was the situation afaik. None of this warrants the accusation of "anti-consumer' practice you're throwing around.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Quote Originally Posted by Viktoria View Post
    Apologies if I didn't make it clear. I was explaining that the boss fights themselves were a design choice and thus it is unreasonable to demand a "fix".

I don't beleive they apolgised for the boss fights per se; they said they would still choose to implement them again if they could start afresh.
    What they apologised for was their failure to introduce the boss fights into the game correctly in a way that would enhance the player experience. Time was an issue and they had to make compromises. Its a shame... but that was the situation afaik. None of this warrants the accusation of "anti-consumer' practice you're throwing around.
    It's not that the boss fights need to be removed, it's that as someone who has already purchased the game I am entitled to the "fixed version" of the boss fights that were released in a $60 "directors cut", an what did you think I meant by apologizing for the boss fights. They completely ruined the pacing of the game and went against the core tenants of said game.

It's not that the boss fights need to be removed, it's that as someone who has already purchased the game I am entitled to the "fixed version" of the boss fights that were released in a $60 "directors cut", an what did you think I meant by apologizing for the boss fights. They completely ruined the pacing of the game and went against the core tenants of said game.
    First off, you're entitled to exactly nothing unless the EULA somehow states that you would be getting future versions of the game for free.

They are fully within their rights in putting a pricetag on everything they want to. You as a customer can then freely choose wether you want to pay this price or not. No one forces you to buy the DC, you know. And the price for people who already owned both DXHR and TML was/is heavily reduced anyways.(at least on STEAM)

That said, wether the DC should have been free for owners of the original version and the DLC or not is a matter of opinion and I actually agree with your's. It would've been a great opportunity for EM to further endear themselves to their fans. Just look at what CDPR did with both of the Witcher titles. As a result of their policies, they're now the only dev I still preorder games from.
    signature image

Yes, it would've been reasonable and better if owners of the standard version would be able to get this particular feature as part of a free support patch but legally entitled to it (which is all this thread is about, right?)? I would be very, very surprised if that was the case anywhere.

I guess if it wasn't for the extra money from DC sales, the redesigned Boss fights would've never been done in the first place.
    "Buy Broccoli And LUBE!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12