Thread: Adventures of Lara Croft: Early Guardian of Light Explorations

Default Adventures of Lara Croft: Early Guardian of Light Explorations

Hey all! I've done some digging and have a few treats for you!

I’m sure you've all seen the Raiders thread from late last week. Raiders as was seen in the mockups, with an army of Lara doppelgangers, was the result of a couple hour internal brainstorming session. The concept never went very far. The idea that did move forward was called The Adventures of Lara Croft, which eventually became Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

Since we pulled down the Raiders concept art (As it included images of movie characters from other franchises, which we thought would be confusing out of context) I dug up some approved early explorations for The Adventures of Lara Croft.

As you can see below, the concept of Lara going co-op came early on, but the game initially took place in Egypt. Eventually the setting was moved to Central America and Totec was introduced, but we’re happily returning to Egypt in Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris.

Check out the concepts below!

MEAGAN I LOVE YOU.

Thanks for sharing this! Any chance we might get a higher-res version of the last artwork in particular?

This is awesome! That artwork is super nice, especially the last one Thanks Meagan!

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    MEAGAN I LOVE YOU.

Thanks for sharing this! Any chance we might get a higher-res version of the last artwork in particular?
    Yes, I just couldn't figure out how to post a thumbnail without exploding the forums, so I resized them. I'll give Driber the high resolution ones!

Very nice concepts there. Interesting to see Egypt featured in the first image, something we're finally seeing in ToO.

Thanks for sharing, Meagan .

WOW! SEE. THIS IS SERIOUSLY WHY MEAGAN IS THE BEST. Idk if anyone else would have went out of their way to do this for us. Thank you so much Meagan!

High res assets coming later today!

And I concur - Meagan is quite the awesome CM. So good to have her back

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Thanks for taking the trouble , Meagan

Oh my God.

oh my God.

So weird thoooo, because just the other day someone was mentioning how multiple Lara's should be playable, and I immediately thought "just do a game with Lara's doppels"....

And that last pic. Holy crap, how did we never see this art. omfg.

High res versions!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Thank you!! :jump:

Oh wow! That looks very impressive! Thanks for sharing