Thread: which style of work?!sam fisher or 47?!

Default which style of work?!sam fisher or 47?!

Like sam fisher or like hitman.
    I mean taking cover (like sam fisher) or changing disguises and etc (like 47)
    I really like 47 style of work...you know being in public places...i mean in crowd or something like that...but in a lot of absolution levels.you must completely avoid presenting in people's sight and it's not good...i like both styles but 47's job is so better.
    Which do you prefer.with reason please...

Well it all depends on the game ofc, but if I had to choose I'd agree with you and go with the disguises. It just somehow felt wrong having to hug the walls so much in Absolution and avoid being seen at all kind of.

I like both. I think there should be a healthy mix of both, you know, a little cover and concealment on the way to the disguise. Silent Assassin was kinda like that. There was no wall hugging because there was no cover but you still had to tread carefully and make sure you weren't spotted. Blood Money's disguise, IMO, was too lenient. Absolution's was just too much, I think, and it was buggy and the game was broken, which was the main part of the problem. I think both types of systems are important, but Splinter Cell is a bad example. SC is in it's own entire genre. Also, disguises allow 47 to blend into different types of environments (parties, police stations, etc.). I think Hitman should go back to Silent Assassin's style. In Silent Assassin, NPC's behaved appropriately for every level. Blood Money was too predictable.

Silent Assasin's system was frustrating going from C:47 I thought. Still to this day I don't care much for that second game. I don't know what it is about that one that just didn't land with me. I actually prefer you have a certain degree of freedom when disguised, which in my opinion was off in both SA and Absolution. But I totally agree that a mixture of the two is the right approach.

The disguise system is the only thing I like from Silent Assassin. I, too, fail to see the appeal of that game. The gameplay was immature, not as evolved as later titles. The levels and general vibe was mostly militarized, which is not a bad thing but the civilian atmospheres are what made Blood Money stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Master47 View Post
    Silent Assasin's system was frustrating going from C:47 I thought. Still to this day I don't care much for that second game. I don't know what it is about that one that just didn't land with me. I actually prefer you have a certain degree of freedom when disguised, which in my opinion was off in both SA and Absolution. But I totally agree that a mixture of the two is the right approach.
    The frustration of Silent Assassin was due to the overly sensitive AI, not the disguise system. Twitchy NPCs that walked up to you, turned around, and generally just got in your way caused most of the game-breaking gameplay problems. The disguises by themselves were fair.

To date, Silent Assassin is the only game (apart from Absolution) that doesn't let the player stand a few inches from a guard (while in their uniform) without raising the alarm. C:47, Contracts, and especially Blood Money all were too lenient in this regard; the challenge from these games essentially boiled down to "how can I assassinate the target without being spotted?" instead of the Silent Assassin challenge of "how can I get to my target undetected and then assassinate him without being spotted?".
    signature image

another bad point in blood money:
    when you walked near a person he turned and watch you and then continue walking...if you again walk he will again turn and watch you...but it made me angry:if another person walked beside the same person he didn't turn but if you walk beside him........

You jerking my sack, Arvin??

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_69 View Post
    You jerking my sack, Arvin??
    what this means?say more simple!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post
    The frustration of Silent Assassin was due to the overly sensitive AI, not the disguise system. Twitchy NPCs that walked up to you, turned around, and generally just got in your way caused most of the game-breaking gameplay problems. The disguises by themselves were fair.

To date, Silent Assassin is the only game (apart from Absolution) that doesn't let the player stand a few inches from a guard (while in their uniform) without raising the alarm. C:47, Contracts, and especially Blood Money all were too lenient in this regard; the challenge from these games essentially boiled down to "how can I assassinate the target without being spotted?" instead of the Silent Assassin challenge of "how can I get to my target undetected and then assassinate him without being spotted?".
    Like I said I much prefer you being able to walk around somewhat freely and explore, provided you have the right disguise for the area. That's all I'm saying. H2 didn't allow for that and neither did Absolution. I dislike both these games greatly, but for a number of reasons beyond just this fact.