Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Forum Migration Details

The SEF post from 2013, linked to a few posts back, indeed contains outdated information, as already mentioned.

If you get an error message on SEF saying that your username is already taken, please sign up with a name as close to your EF username as possible, for example using dashes or underscores, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoks View Post
    But we are still obviously suffering the consequences.
    I'm not sure if that's true. Your nickname (and some of other members) may have simply already been taken in the new system the first time you tried to sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by NightRain View Post
    Like Paradoks, it seems someone already has "stolen" my username as well, and I've ended up modifying my name.

I know it's "first come, first serve", but still, the pain of it...

Or in my case, Real. So my username on SE is RealNightRain.
    I feel your pain

Love how you creatively solved it, though!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    I'm not sure if that's true. Your nickname (and some of other members) may have simply already been taken in the new system the first time you tried to sign up.
    Maybe, maybe not. I'm still waiting for confirmation one way or the other (because someone does have that information). I think it's highly improbable because "Paradoks" is not listed under user list on SEF (and users with no posts are listed), and it's not really a popular user name (and neither are many of the "already taken" examples listed by other people). So can someone with the right authority please check and tell me?

We'll try to get confirmation, but I think it's unlikely that is the cause.

As mentioned before, not all SEM nicknames show up on the forum member list, so we can't use the absence of a nickname there to determine if a nickname has been taken or not.

As for "unlikely due to obscurity" - 1.5M hits on google tells me otherwise.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

As mentioned before, not all SEM nicknames show up on the forum member list, so we can't use the absence of a nickname there to determine if a nickname has been taken or not.
    I missed that part. Can I ask why (or why is that list and viewing user profiles available for not logged in users in the first place)? When I'm trying to make an account on SEF and get the information that a username is taken, I would assume that there would be some trace of the user with the said name on SEF. If there is I can't find it.
    As for "unlikely due to obscurity" - 1.5M hits on google tells me otherwise.
    And now tell me how many of those are nicknames on non-Polish forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoks View Post
    I missed that part. Can I ask why (or why is that list and viewing user profiles available for not logged in users in the first place)? When I'm trying to make an account on SEF and get the information that a username is taken, I would assume that there would be some trace of the user with the said name on SEF. If there is I can't find it.

And now tell me how many of those are nicknames on non-Polish forums.
    Theres 2 systems at play here.. Square Enix Members is the MAIN system. This is where you HAVE to register everything. However you dont HAVE to then go onto the forums.. If a user registers on SEM, that username is locked to that user. The moment they browse the forum it creates that account on the forums user system. IF they do this then the username will appear there. If you DONT see a username there then the user simply has never logged into the forums after creating their account..

Make sense?
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1255523/ <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

If you get an error message on SEF saying that your username is already taken, please sign up with a name as close to your EF username as possible, for example using dashes or underscores, guys.
    Oops.

So are you guys ever going to fix Deus Ex? Or is robbing consumers your number one priority? Like I even have to ask

I have 30 posts and am still listed as a New Player. This post should be 31, is there a delay? Will it be listed as Gamer before the migration?

Edit: looks like it updated now.
    Last edited by Sxerks; 11-18-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345