Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Forum Migration Details

To everyone here I just wanna say: Thanks.

I joined only a few months ago and in such a short time I've had a great time here. I spend a lot of time on my laptop for workm so I've joined a lot of forums to be 'a little more social'. However most forums are too huge, the community isn't that nice or most of the time not even active.

In the first place I joined to speak my mind about the whole 'Rise Exclusive deal' and leave again. But this site, this community... I love you guys! Everyone is really welcoming and respectfull toward eachothers opinion. This is probably my favorite community on any forum ever!

I'm certainly going to migrate to the Square forums and I hope to see all of you guys there!

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    To everyone here I just wanna say: Thanks.

I joined only a few months ago and in such a short time I've had a great time here. I spend a lot of time on my laptop for workm so I've joined a lot of forums to be 'a little more social'. However most forums are too huge, the community isn't that nice or most of the time not even active.

In the first place I joined to speak my mind about the whole 'Rise Exclusive deal' and leave again. But this site, this community... I love you guys! Everyone is really welcoming and respectfull toward eachothers opinion. This is probably my favorite community on any forum ever!

I'm certainly going to migrate to the Square forums and I hope to see all of you guys there!
    Yeah, it's been a good community to be a part of. I can remember a couple years of not having access to the internet and going through some rough times. Won't go into details, but thinking back to some of the convos I'd had on here with the members before I lost access always put a smile on my face. Some of them aren't here now and that's a shame, but I wish them well in life.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

That was a lovely post, AdeleDazeem Thanks for that.

I'm glad you decided to stick around after the xbox controversy, and it's great to have you on board!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    In the first place I joined to speak my mind,,,
    ,,,respectful toward each others opinions.
    Quoted for truth. These things are "essential ingredients" that help to create a genuine and friendly community.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

I visited the Square Enix forum and I noticed something:
    the background of forum was white...and we don't like it.
    it would be better if the background of Hitman forum turn to a wallpaper of Hitman.
    also a white background make the eyes tired...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin47 View Post
    I visited the Square Enix forum and I noticed something:
    the background of forum was white...and we don't like it.
    it would be better if the background of Hitman forum turn to a wallpaper of Hitman.
    also a white background make the eyes tired...

Thanks
    true. would we have the option as well to change its skin like here? still like to looks of the dark colour.
    signature image

In some forum sections of SEF there will be different colors (as in, skins) to choose from after we've migrated. More details on that later

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Just been over to register and somebody else has my name! I've been KoolKat for well over a decade and a half, but no more!

I'm also not too keen of the style of this new forum.

I really hate change sometimes.

signature image
    "@[=g3,8d]\&fbb=-q]/hk%fg"

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    In some forum sections of SEF there will be different colors (as in, skins) to choose from after we've migrated. More details on that later
    cool. thanks.
    signature image

It's a tough choice if to come allong. Eidos are an amazing company with what they did in lauching series like TR, Timesplitters, JC etc. SE are the company that allong with CD totally screwed us all over with the MS TR deal.

It would have been better to stick with the more popular Eidos name and I don't want to sign up to SE forums and make it look like I support the current track as I don't but I really do like TR so is a difficult call.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick2412 View Post
    It's a tough choice if to come allong. Eidos are an amazing company with what they did in lauching series like TR, Timesplitters, JC etc. SE are the company that allong with CD totally screwed us all over with the MS TR deal.

It would have been better to stick with the more popular Eidos name and I don't want to sign up to SE forums and make it look like I support the current track as I don't but I really do like TR so is a difficult call.
    I understand where you're coming from, Mick. If it makes you decision any easier - for all practical purposes you already have been posting on the "square enix forums" for 5 years.

Eidos as a published has been defunct since 2009 and it has been SE that's been in charge since then. Many of the same people who used to work for Eidos now work for SE, in the exact same offices.

And also something else you may want to keep in mind - it was the "amazing company Eidos", to use your own words, who did the TRU exclusive deal with xbox

I know it's easy to just hate on a name (SE in your case), but on the flip-side, there are also people who hate the "Eidos" name for the exact same reasons you've stated.

And the reality is much more nuanced than simply hating on a name alone, as companies often consist of many different people, with different interests and responsibilities. From the very passionate, community-loving dev team member who pours his heart and soul into the art he creates, to the proverbial 'corporate suit' who merely cares about the bottom line. Both Eidos and SE have these people. It's not like Eidos only consisted of the former and SE only consists of the latter.

At the end of the day, SE Forums will be no different than Eidos Forums once we've migrated. It'll be the same deal as the past 5 years since Eidos technically stopped existing. In fact, you'll continue to see said passionate developers posting on SE Forums just like they are posting here!

So rather than not moving across because you would feel like you're supporting the things you object to, I would view it as continuing to support the things that you want, by using the official forums for being vocal about the things you wish to see in for example TR in the future!

But it is of course entirely your choice. I can't force you. I just wouldn't like to see a long-time member such as yourself go

Quote Originally Posted by Mick2412 View Post

I was on the SE forums posting on the DQ section and people there were saying they weren't doing that well at distributing it to the west. It's not like it's just a fansite for SE. Perhaps with other SE staff on there (that aren't on here) as well as Meagan and some of the CD team, that might be the best place to have an impact on this issue.

Judging by the size and busyness of the two forums when our threads are moved across the majority of the new forum will be from here so it may not feel so different.

And that nicely segways to your question, heh - yes, in some forum sections of SEF there will be different colors (as in, skins) to choose from after we've migrated. More details on that later!
    Yay . That's good news
    signature image

I'm a little confused because my email was already signed up and my username (I wanted to stick with gitb90 so everyone recognised me) was already used? I've never in my life used that forum...? No issues w altering my username btw, just confused

Quote Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
    Judging by the size and busyness of the two forums when our threads are moved across the majority of the new forum will be from here so it may not feel so different.
    That is correct. The new forums were set up only last year, for the purpose of merging different forums of SE-based communities together (our included). SEF currently consists of an import of the SE America forums (set up in 2012, but now defunct) and the community of the recently developed Nosgoth game (Eidos' Legacy of Kain spin-off). So the new SEF has a history going back only a couple of years. Eidos Forums has history going back as far as 2001, and thus covers a lot of franchises (TR being the biggest one), so yes, once we've migrated all the posts over, we'll have the biggest presence there, so that should hopefully help people feel at home in our new abode, indeed

Quote Originally Posted by gitb90 View Post
    I'm a little confused because my email was already signed up and my username (I wanted to stick with gitb90 so everyone recognised me) was already used? I've never in my life used that forum...? No issues w altering my username btw, just confused
    I'm guessing you already acquired a SEM account earlier when registering a SE game or signing up for a newsletter or something.

LET THE INVASION BEGIN!

signature image
    "@[=g3,8d]\&fbb=-q]/hk%fg"

GOODBYE EVERYONE

Sorry to see you go, Randy. Maybe we'll see you someday in the future.

Even though I've been here for years, I apparently need to make a few more posts for my account to get copied, hmmm.

A lot of "nickname already taken" cases around here. I'm guessing it's the result of initial plan to "secure" the nicknames of EF on SEF that did not go as smoothly as expected.

So I'll ask again (third time I think). Since the smart "no one can steal your nickname system" prevented me from making an account with a name Paradoks and I made an account with a name Paradoks_db, will I be able to reclaim my original user name on SEF after the synching is done? Circumstantial evidence points to the fact that the name was indeed pre-taken by the system and not some user so I would certainly hope so. And if synching is indeed a manual work it shouldn't be a problem.

Sorry if this has already been addressed.

Like Paradoks, it seems someone already has "stolen" my username as well, and I've ended up modifying my name.

I know it's "first come, first serve", but still, the pain of it...

The IT department tried to reserve names, but it wasn't possible I'm afraid. Our user base here at EF is huge.

Try to sign up on SEF with an adjustment to your name, but recognizable enough so that we can find you

For example you could add dashes - or underscores _
    Or in my case, Real. So my username on SE is RealNightRain.

Quote Originally Posted by NightRain View Post
    I know it's "first come, first serve", but still, the pain of it...
    As I said - it's possible that it was not taken but "secured". See details here. But there were some technical issues and that information is not correct any more as far as I know. But we are still obviously suffering the consequences.

I'm not sure but I remember trying to sign up as KoolKat a long time ago. Any way to tell if it's me?
    In the meantime I've signed up as Kyrithys.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoks View Post
    As I said - it's possible that it was not taken but "secured". See details here. But there were some technical issues and that information is not correct any more as far as I know. But we are still obviously suffering the consequences.
    I hope that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by NightRain View Post
    I hope that is the case.
    Ultimately it may not matter, because it looks like the secured user names may end up being locked permanently because of "problems".

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast