Thread: Most Recent Game Purchase

Thumbs up Most Recent Game Purchase

Hello folks and fellow gamers.

What game or games have you bought recently? I personally have bought 2 games over the last month. I usually buy more since I collect, but I just moved into a new apartment and my game room isn't even set up yet. So I don't wanna complicate things buy buying a bunch of games right now. And before you ask, yes I buy hard copies of my games. I like to actually own a physical copy of the games I have in my collection. I'm strange that way

Anyway I just bought a copy of Chrono Trigger for the Snes as well as the Collector's edition of WoW WoD, which should land on my doorstep Wednesday or Thursday.

What did you guys pick up lately?

It's not strange. I don't want digital games at all. I'm just lucky the Gold Edition of Orisis comes with a disc, otherwise I wouldn't get it.
    Dit you get a cart only or complete Chrono Trigger?

I went to the 'Black Market' yesterday. Basicly a huge outlet. I didn't pick up a game, but I did find a figure of one of my favorite game characters: Juno Eclipse from The Force Unleashed

(click image to enlarge)

Bayonetta 2 !!!!!

Yes, I'm having lots of fun with it even though the game is kicking my butt.

Quote Originally Posted by NightRain View Post
    Bayonetta 2 !!!!!
    Did you get a version that came with Bayo 1?

@AdeleDazeem it was cart only, or actually it's an unofficial reproduction pal release. I would love to pick up an official US CiB at some point, but they're so pricey

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare: Atlas Pro Edition for Xbox One

I too prefer hard copies, and will only get digital releases if there's no other option or the physical copy is ridiculously expensive.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Master47 View Post
    @AdeleDazeem it was cart only, or actually it's an unofficial reproduction pal release. I would love to pick up an official US CiB at some point, but they're so pricey

A friemd of mine picked up a shards-ton of CIB NTSC-J copies on his vacation in Japan. Rare RPGs cost next to nothing there! Unfortunately CT is one of those extremely expensieve games..

"Parasite Eve" via PSN. I prefer physical copies as well, but I only have room in my luggage for one console. I'd just been dying to play it again.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    Did you get a version that came with Bayo 1?
    I sure did.

Like yourself, I prefer physical discs because they can be input into the console and played whenever I'm in the mood.

Even though I have the original on another console, after learning about the original being included was an unexpected treat for me personally because I loved the insane gameplay and have become a fan of the franchise.

ETA ~ By the way, I Love your avatar picture !
    I grew up watching Xena: Warrior Princess, not to mention Hercules: The Legendary Journeys.
    I've even purchased the Xena game on PS2.

Years later, I found it ironic that Lucy's last name was Lawless and she portrayed a character that was, many ways, that and more ~~ when she was first introduced in Hercules. Maybe that's just me.
    Last edited by NightRain; 11-10-2014 at 09:07 PM.

I used to have a big crush on both Lucy Lawless and Renee O'Connor....especially Renee.

I fell in love with Lucy again on Battlestar Galactica. (she made a nice blonde)

And she voiced Wonder Woman in an animated DC movie.....fitting considering that for many years, folks thought Lucy should be the new Wonder Woman.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martok View Post
    I used to have a big crush on both Lucy Lawless and Renee O'Connor....especially Renee.
    I'm so jealous of my current boss! He used to live in NZ and guess who his neighbour was? Lucy freaking Lawless. Yeah. I had Xena on my desktop when he walked in and he was like: ''Oh, hey. She used to be my neighbour''. If she were my neighbour I'd totally ask her for some sugar - 'cause I ran out' - just to talk to her.

Quote Originally Posted by NightRain View Post
    I've even purchased the Xena game on PS2.
    I've played them all too. Xena on PS2 is fun because it's Xena, otherwise... horrible game.
    If you want to play a really cool Xena game, I'd say you should pick up Xena on PSX. It came out in both NTSC and PAL regions. My favorite PSX game! (Sorry, Tomb Raider)

I'm so jealous of my current boss! He used to live in NZ and guess who his neighbour was? Lucy freaking Lawless. Yeah. I had Xena on my desktop when he walked in and he was like: ''Oh, hey. She used to be my neighbour''. If she were my neighbour I'd totally ask her for some sugar - 'cause I ran out' - just to talk to her.
    oh wow man!

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem
    If you want to play a really cool Xena game, I'd say you should pick up Xena on PSX. It came out in both NTSC and PAL regions. My favorite PSX game! (Sorry, Tomb Raider)
    I rented that game. It was pretty cool. I loved the joke that Gabrielle cracks near the beginning of the game: "....so when the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.".

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martok View Post
    oh wow man! I rented that game. It was pretty cool. I loved the joke that Gabrielle cracks near the beginning of the game: "....so when the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.".
    I love how the Xena series claim that she 'invented' certain things. Like CPR and stonehenge.

And let's not forget tracheotomy.

Btw, I never watched the full series....did she ever actually kill anyone with that delayed neck pinch attack she does...you know, the one where she says: "You have about 30 seconds left to live. Tell me what I want to know, and I'll fix it.". That attack?

To the OP ~ I apologize for derailing your thread. We will continue this discussion in the general random discussion thread.

To others ~ Please continue the discussion in the following thread. Click this ~> Open Chat Thread.
    Last edited by NightRain; 11-11-2014 at 07:49 PM.

Okay back on topic then I actually just went a little crazy and purchased a complete big box version of the original Fallout (UK release). It cost me quite a bit, but damn it's just one of those games I can finally cross off my list now.

Assassin's Creed Rogue for Xbox 360
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Master47 View Post
    Okay back on topic then I actually just went a little crazy and purchased a complete big box version of the original Fallout (UK release). It cost me quite a bit, but damn it's just one of those games I can finally cross off my list now.
    A friend of mine is still looking for that one. It's got quite pricey over the years. On the plus side, it will probably be a nice investment.

Had a nice trip to the fleamarket! Found a small Ashoka figure, Alien 4 on DVD (yesterday I got 1, 2 and AvP), a Super Sonic pluchy and 2 360 games. I'm planning to get a cheap used 360 for Rise, so I might as well try all the games I missed. I'm especially happy with the promo version of Underworld, it's always nice to have versions like that

And all that for less than $15!

(click image to enlarge)

I'm especially happy with the promo version of Underworld, it's always nice to have versions like that
    Ah! I'm jealous of that find!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    Ah! I'm jealous of that find!
    It was quite curious. She had 3 three big files with only 360 promo games. Meaning that her entire collection came from contests and such!

It was quite curious. She had 3 three big files with only 360 promo games. Meaning that her entire collection came from contests and such!
    Really? Man, that takes penny pinching up a level...
    signature image

The most recent thing I bought in a box was Collector's edition premium boxed version of Wasteland 2, which hasn't been shipped out yet. It's hard to even want physical copies anymore, since I can download them from GoG and save the install files to a SD card, usb thumbdrive or a external HD. And I can back up Steam games externally and reinstall them later. A lot of game just don't have the replay value though.

Wasteland 2, nice one. Will definitely pick that one up myself at some point.