Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomb Raider Figures

Arrow Tomb Raider Figures

I'm wondering if any of you have a shelf for figures and if you do, if you have one of Lara? It doesn't have to be one from the reboot, but I noticed there are tons of different figures out there and as I've been a fan of Tomb Raider since 1996, I decided to add Lara to my shelf.

The hard part was finding one that did the face right. Initially, it was between three figures. First was the classic look with the 10th anniversary NECA figure. Next was the 9" Gameforged reboot figure. Last was the Play Arts Kai reboot figure.

It took me a month of narrowing it down with research via photos and reviews but I went with the 9" Gameforged reboot figure. Unfortunately there were no photos of the face that I could find but the profile looked really close. When I get it in the mail, I'll take some pictures and post them here.

Do you have a figure?

UPDATE: Figure is in. Pics below:

A close up of the face as that's one of the things I was looking for and couldn't find.

My full shelf:

I actually put Plexiglas Velcro'd to the front to keep my two year old out of my display items as well as keep dust off of them. It works quite well.
    Last edited by Telekill; 11-07-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Be great to see your figure when you get it.
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

I have four figurines of Lara:

• Tomb Raider Legend
    • Tomb Raider Legend (Large, with button to talk)
    • Tomb Raider Underworld
    • Tomb Raider (2013, collector's edition)
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

Quote Originally Posted by Telekill View Post
    I'm wondering if any of you have a shelf for figures and if you do, if you have one of Lara?
    I do.

That's the official 9" pvc figure. Though the face is not perfect, I do love it.

And holy balls it's $20 on Amazon right now!
    signature image

^^^^ Nice Vulcan Raven. That a McFarlane?
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    ^^^^ Nice Vulcan Raven. That a McFarlane?
    Certainly is - well spotted. I managed to get the entire 1st series - except for the clear editions - but then couldn't afford the following ones.
    signature image

that lara with the bow figurine looks so much better than the CE one. have to see if i can find it on ebay.
    signature image

Ah, that's a shame. I can never find any good Mgs figures in stores. I always come across used ones with scratched paint. Your tr2 Lara intrigues me. I found one just like it a couple years back but turned it down because of the bent leg. Same exact bent leg as yours. Massive manufacturing defect?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    that lara with the bow figurine looks so much better than the CE one. have to see if i can find it on ebay.
    Found it on Amazon for $20 - a fraction of what I paid for it. Gamestop has them for about $50 also, I think.

Ah, that's a shame. I can never find any good Mgs figures in stores. I always come across used ones with scratched paint. Your tr2 Lara intrigues me. I found one just like it a couple years back but turned it down because of the bent leg. Same exact bent leg as yours. Massive manufacturing defect?
    The old MGS figures are hard to find now.
    I think the issue with the TR2 figure is that the legs are somewhat weak - if you place it on its side for too long it bends in that direction and stays that way. I've tried countless times to correct it, to no avail. Disappointing.
    signature image

Ah I see. That is a shame. It's such a gorgeous figure, and a damn nice size. Thanks for the explanation on it.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by darksaiyan View Post
    I do.

That's the official 9" pvc figure. Though the face is not perfect, I do love it.

And holy balls it's $20 on Amazon right now!
    That's the one I bought and I even bought it off of Amazon for the $20. Great deal.

thanks for the link, but i dont have an account on amazon. but i looked it up on ebay. i sure found a lot of figurines of lara. nice collection as well from lara in bikini and other dresses she has in legend.

this one looks really cool but damn, the price
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gaming-Heads...item2c8a8f88ff

this one sells 2 together.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHRYSTAL-DYN...item540e374cf2

but the shipping costs too much. already have to pay off other stuff.
    signature image

thanks for the link, but i dont have an account on amazon. but i looked it up on ebay. i sure found a lot of figurines of lara. nice collection as well from lara in bikini and other dresses she has in legend.

this one sells 2 together.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHRYSTAL-DYN...item540e374cf2

but the shipping costs too much. already have to pay off other stuff.
    I saw that $370 one as well and wondered why it was so much. Then I saw that it was 1/4 scale. It's a pretty big statue of Lara and wouldn't have fit in my shelf anyway. I saw a $4000 one that was life size though.

thanks for the link, but i dont have an account on amazon.
    Is registering an account a problem?

That Gaming Heads one is beautiful, one of the best I've ever seen. If I didn't have a family to support I'd be all over it
    signature image

I don't have my figures on display as I ran out of room, because I have books and figures of a different sort displayed.

But as far as Tomb Raider I have the Legend talking one. The Underworld on a stand, I had the Anniversary one where she's hooked to a clear stand thing but after a while one of her arms became really loose and her head actually fell off upon opening her but I kept sort of screwing it back on and eventually I gave up and had to throw it out. I also have an Angel of Darkness bobblehead which is pretty nice.

Other figures are mainly of Metal Gear Solid series stuff:

Metal Gear Solid Liquid Snake
    Metal Gear Solid Meryl
    Metal Gear Solid Ocelot
    Metal Gear Solid 3 Big Boss Tiger Striped Camo
    Metal Gear Solid 3 The Boss
    Metal Gear Solid 3 Big Boss Sneaking Suit
    Metal Gear Solid 4 Ninja Raiden
    Metal Gear Solid 4 Old Snake standing up

I had some from Metal Gear Solid 2, but I gave them to my cousin, I regret doing that now.

I also have a Play Arts Big Boss in sneaking suit, I had a Play Arts Kaz figure but he kept falling off the shelf as I couldn't position him to where he would stay up and eventually he hit the ground too many times and his head wouldn't stay on so I had to throw him away and it sucks, because those figures are around $50.

I also have a Play Arts Daryl figure from The Walking Dead. It's the one where he comes with his orange ponch and he has his fall/winter jacket on, which also has the angel wings on it.

I'm a female gamer and can be just as into gaming and and collecting figures as guys can.

There's a store called The Toy Vault which sells comics, collecting cards, games and consoles and action figures old and new so that's where I get pretty much all my figures.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_84 View Post
    I'm a female gamer and can be just as into gaming and and collecting figures as guys can.
    Absolutely you can. I'm glad there are ladies such as yourself out there. I'd be even more glad if I actually knew one, but that's another story altogether...

Sorry about your bad luck with the broken figures. I've lost many a Spider-Man figures over the years for similar reasons, I feel your pain.
    signature image

Absolutely you can. I'm glad there are ladies such as yourself out there. I'd be even more glad if I actually knew one, but that's another story altogether...

Sorry about your bad luck with the broken figures. I've lost many a Spider-Man figures over the years for similar reasons, I feel your pain.
    It's funny, but sometimes when I talk to guys and I tell them I play video games or when I buy figures I get looks like they think I'm weird or like I'm invading their territory, because they think it's for guys only. I always walk into that store with pride and don't care. I've been playing video games since the 80's since the NES days and even played my Dad's old Atari sometimes.

BTW, thanks for the support and sorry about losing your figures. It sucks, especially when you spend lots of money on them. I mean, I could buy another one but I'd rather not in case it happens again. It's too much money to risk it. I didn't much like the look of the Anniversary figure anyway, I wish they had made a plain one on a stand or something.
    signature image

I saw that $370 one as well and wondered why it was so much. Then I saw that it was 1/4 scale. It's a pretty big statue of Lara and wouldn't have fit in my shelf anyway. I saw a $4000 one that was life size though.

true, the scale is big. shame i will not have space for it. already had to leave my figurines of AC back in australia. but now we did find our own unit and would therefore have more space. maybe one day i will get it. but for now, i have to pay rent and get more important things like furniture.

Is registering an account a problem?

That Gaming Heads one is beautiful, one of the best I've ever seen. If I didn't have a family to support I'd be all over it

not really a problem. just dont see a point in it when i have already one on ebay, where i can get pretty much everything i need from there.
    signature image

My figure is in. I posted the pics as I said I would.

Very detailed pics as well! Now that you have it in your possession, does her face strike home for you?

Out of all the statutes of Lara, unless you want to spend around $400, ironically, this $20 statue has the best detail for Lara's face. Still not anywhere near perfect, but pretty good.

It's all relative I guess. I have plenty of TR figures, to this day I still think the Playmates (circa 1998) resemble the then Lara Croft the most. I am not too fond of the two Gameforged figures myself, though I'll agree they're pretty good for their price tag.

I do.
    That doesn't happen to be a ME2 series Garrus figure, is it?

Ot.
    I don't have a lot of TR figures. Though recently I finally got the Legend figure I was looking for. My parents actually found it on their vacation. And the TR'13 figurine everyone is talking about.. believe it or not, but I bought it in a super market during my vacation in France. The one the left I got really cheap from on of my collector friends.

(click image to enlarge)

And this one here I, again, got in France. On a fleamarket. €3

(click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by AdeleDazeem; 11-08-2014 at 06:59 AM.

Great evolution of Lara theme you have going. Next to the TR2 scuba Lara, is that a tiny AoD Lara figure?

Great evolution of Lara theme you have going. Next to the TR2 scuba Lara, is that a tiny AoD Lara figure?
    Oh, yeah. Those are the pawns form the Angel of Darkness boardgame.

(click image to enlarge)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast