Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tomb Raider Figures

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    Oh, yeah. Those are the pawns form the Angel of Darkness boardgame.

(click image to enlarge)
    That's awesome! I didn't know they'd made that! Nice Legend figure.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

So far I haven't played it yet. Maybe it's time to challenge myself.

I have the 6 Core action ones (Classic with Tiger, Classic on bike, Tibet, Wetsuit, London catsuit, South Pacific), two movie ones (Angelina Jolie with Robot, Angela Jolie in white) and the 3 player (Legend, Anniversary and Underworld) ones. I also have a couple of statues from area 51 and the wetsuit one.

Have tried to get the KAI arts reboot one but is too much money. Have got the AOD board game but thought it was only okay to play.
    signature image

So far I haven't played it yet. Maybe it's time to challenge myself.
    You should, yeah. I bet it's way more playable than "A.o.D."
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    You should, yeah. I bet it's way more playable than "A.o.D."
    That it probably is.

That doesn't happen to be a ME2 series Garrus figure, is it?
    ME2, but it's Legion

Another retro gamer! Night Trap! You have a Sega CD? I sold mine when I was 17 and regret it so bad.
    Nice collection.
    signature image

Ah. Legion's awesome too.

Night Trap is the single CD game I have. Found it in a pawn shop for €0,50 and couldn't resist. I still need an actual Mega CD to play it though!

I went to a market and there was this vendor selling Play Arts figures. Among the was the Lara one so I asked him how much he wanted. €99.

At last I can officially join the convo! Here's some pics of some of my stash. This is my full collection of TR figures so far, but not my figure collection as a whole. I had to downgrade from a house to an apartment a couple of years ago, and space is now limited so some are still boxed away. This is in the corner of my living room, on proud display. I am not ashamed of my "nerdiness", and anyone that takes one look at my apartment décor will tell you the same. It's a nerds paradise, in budding stage still...

Anyhoo, the display...

The display is a corner stand for surround sound speakers, but I thought it'd look much nicer with loads of figures on it.

The Lara's, section 1...

The Lara's, section 2...

And on the wall above the Lara's...

And since I'm finally able to share my collection with other collectors, here's the shelf-by-shelf...

Top Tier...

Tier 1...

Tier 2...

And Tier 3...

There's a whole lot of nothing going on on the bottom tier because my dog likes to take his treats to eat them back there sometimes (Not sure why. Kind of bizarre, isn't it?) and he was always knocking whatever I put down there over.
    signature image

I really don't like those Player Select figures. IMO the face is horrible.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by darksaiyan View Post
    I really don't like those Player Select figures. IMO the face is horrible.
    If that's the miniature "bust" you're talking about, I agree. Terrible facial job. But I found it cheap, and I was just stoked to actually find TR merch in a store.
    signature image

If that's the miniature "bust" you're talking about, I agree. Terrible facial job. But I found it cheap, and I was just stoked to actually find TR merch in a store.
    The bust isn't too bad. I was more referring to AdeleDazeem's Legend figure. The face reminds me of the Rocky Horror show for some reason.
    signature image

I agree. The face of the Legend figure is a little... ugly. The prototype looked much nicer.

(click image to enlarge)

And I love your collection WinterSoldier! The cabinet on itself looks really nice too. I have 4 showcases from Ikea that are pretty straight and basic. I like this one more, especially for a living room!

The TR'96 disc you got framed. Was that like your first childhood copy?

And I love your collection WinterSoldier! The cabinet on itself looks really nice too. I have 4 showcases from Ikea that are pretty straight and basic. I like this one more, especially for a living room!

The TR'96 disc you got framed. Was that like your first childhood copy?
    Thank you. I wanted a corner unit made of wood with glass shelves and a mirror on the back (They've got a name, I just can't think of it atm) but all the ones I was finding at the time were very expensive.

I'd love to say the TR disc is in fact that, but I can't. I got into TR only about 5-6 years ago. It's just a 2nd copy I picked up a couple of years ago that had a booklet in great shape. The original plan was to have copies of the first 4 games framed but I haven't found any of the others with booklets that don't have rips or some other damage on them.
    signature image

I agree. The face of the Legend figure is a little... ugly. The prototype looked much nicer.

http://www.catagar.com/load/DSC00443.jpg
    That's not a prototype though, my 12" Lara looks exactly like that. I don't remember seeing a prototype for the 7" version, but they seriously screwed up that one...

EDIT

These aren't crystal clear like Telekill's, but anyway. A comparison between the 12" and 7" Legend figures from the Player Select line and also the Underworld, from the same line, which was their best 7" Lara figure IMO (overall I'd still favor the 12" TRL I think).

Warning: not for the faint of heart.

Last edited by Treeble; 11-10-2014 at 07:24 AM. Reason: pics because it did happen!!

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    That's not a prototype though, my 12" Lara looks exactly like that. I don't remember seeing a prototype for the 7" version, but they seriously screwed up that one...
    Aha. So there's two different figures then. That makes sense, I assumed it was a prototype.

I'd love to say the TR disc is in fact that, but I can't. I got into TR only about 5-6 years ago. It's just a 2nd copy I picked up a couple of years ago that had a booklet in great shape. The original plan was to have copies of the first 4 games framed but I haven't found any of the others with booklets that don't have rips or some other damage on them.
    Maybe instead of the manuel you can use the front cover. It's much thinner and can have the same effect. A frame usually makes even damaged items look really nice.

I would love framing my favorite game discs but I would be pushing it with my wife. Plus, I wouldn't be able to play them then.

Maybe instead of the manuel you can use the front cover. It's much thinner and can have the same effect. A frame usually makes even damaged items look really nice.
    Yeah that's a good idea. I can never find old PC games tho, TR or otherwise. No game store I've been in in the last 4 years has had any games older than 2003. I figure either people just don't want to part with them, or the stores figure "Bah, I can't put this on a shelf! Who'd buy a game that can't operate on newer computers?". So I'm stuck looking for old PS1 copies. But it's alright. I already have 3 more of those frames with autographed music cd's in them, so too many more and it would just seem like "cd on the wall" overload to me. Plus I have loads of posters I still need to get frames for that I wanna hang up, so I'm trying to save wall space for those.

I would love to find some kind of shadow box I could put a Lara figure and the disc in, but I haven't found one the right size yet. They're always either too big, or too little. I say "too big" 'cos if I do go the shadow box route, I'd like a theme for it. You know, "TR 1" themed or whatever game. Maybe a bit nit picky, but I can't help it.
    signature image

Frame my childhood copy of Tomb Raider?
    *Looks at the games pile*
    Maybe I could frame them all, in one long frame...

Speaking of framing, would anyone know how to frame something like this canvas? It's 2100x840 (86.67"x33.07")

(click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by darksaiyan; 11-12-2014 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Holy image size Batman
    signature image

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12