Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you still think about ROTTB being an exclusive?

Post What do you still think about ROTTB being an exclusive?

as long we're getting ROTTB, i'm happy as ever.

(edit: meant to put 'timed' next to exclusive. oops.)

Timed exclusive doesn't necessarily mean it's coming to PS4. This is why I'm pissed still. Almost all Microsoft exclusives end up on PC but I don't put it passed them to pay Square extra to forget the PlayStation fans. I also don't put it passed Square to be perfectly willing to accept the money and give us the middle finger.

Fan hopes and speculation aren't enough for me. I want confirmation from the horse's mouth that this is coming to PS4 as well.

Personally, I'm still pretty upset.

The same. I still think CD/SE screwed us over. I don't mind so much about waiting a bit longer for the game but more about them treating us PS/PC gamers like second class.

Though CD have confirmed what MS said about the deal being timed they havn't actually confirmed other versions.
    signature image

Still not happy about the situation but there are other games to look forward to which takes my mind off the whole thing.

I think it is a matter of waiting and seeing what happens. It might very well be that crystal d just needs this financial input from microsoft and if because of this they can deliver the most ambitious tomb raider ever as they claim then the ps and pc crowds will profit from that as well when it eventually comes to those platforms. Even when its like six months waiting - it will seem like a trifle when some time has past after its release....

But when it comes out on ps and pc they better have eliminated all the bugs and such that were encountered in the xbo version and also give out all dlc and extra outfits for free. If it is an inferior version of the xbox version as was the case with underworld, that's unacceptable. And if dlc is gonna be xbox exclusive forever, or if they bring up other ways to screw over the non-xbox crowd, that would be beyond unacceptable and i think in that case i will join the ones who insist on buying their copy second hand....

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    I think it is a matter of waiting and seeing what happens. It might very well be that crystal d just needs this financial input from microsoft and if because of this they can deliver the most ambitious tomb raider ever as they claim then the ps and pc crowds will profit from that as well when it eventually comes to those platforms. Even when its like six months waiting - it will seem like a trifle when some time has past after its release....

But when it comes out on ps and pc they better have eliminated all the bugs and such that were encountered in the xbo version and also give out all dlc and extra outfits for free. If it is an inferior version of the xbox version as was the case with underworld, that's unacceptable. And if dlc is gonna be xbox exclusive forever, or if they bring up other ways to screw over the non-xbox crowd, that would be beyond unacceptable and i think in that case i will join the ones who insist on buying their copy second hand....

lets hope so that they will give us everything, fix the problems, especially for the pc and call it a complete edition or what ever they want to call it. just as long we can play it and have fun with it.

unfortunately for pc there wont be any second hand copies. so if they do this crap, i think i skip out on this game entirely, if not the franchise.

at the moment i still feel upset about it that i tend to not care anymore for it once its out for the crapbox.
    signature image

As the PS4/PC versions will be released so soon after the Xbox version I think that the likelihood of including DLC or any freebies is slim. Using TR2013 as an example a year after both are released you will probably see a GOTY edition. At best it will include bug fixes.

There's always Star Wars Battlefront next Christmas instead!
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

I'm still as outraged as I was when they made the bloody announcement. And I will probably stay this way until they bloody well confirm a PS4 & PC release.
    If you are reading this signature, you have just wasted 3 seconds of your life

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    As the PS4/PC versions will be released so soon after the Xbox version I think that the likelihood of including DLC or any freebies is slim. Using TR2013 as an example a year after both are released you will probably see a GOTY edition. At best it will include bug fix.
    So soon? The ps&pc versions haven't been annaunced yet; there's no telling how soon or not so soon they will be released. And the tr9 definitive edition did came with all dlc; it's pretty common practise to do that for later versions. Unless of course microsoft insisted on square enix crapping all over the non-xbox crowd as much as they can....

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    So soon? The ps&pc versions haven't been annaunced yet; there's no telling how soon or not so soon they will be released. And the tr9 definitive edition did came with all dlc; it's pretty common practise to do that for later versions. Unless of course microsoft insisted on square enix crapping all over the non-xbox crowd as much as they can....
    Nope, but based on my (MANY!) posts here that is my belief. The TR: DE is not comparable to what was mentioned here. The DE was fairly unique as an introduction to the new-gen consoles and prior to that you had the GOTY Edition on the last-gen consoles which was released some time after the original launch. SE will want to make money from any DLC on ALL platforms.
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

I stand now where I stood a couple months ago. I'm not burning my TR games & merch, but I'm not happy either. Like I've said before: I'll never forget what CD/Microsoft/Eidos have possibly taken away from me, but I'll also never forget the things CD & Core have already given to me. If I never get to play another TR it'll be very disappointing, but I have 9, er, 8 excellent TR games I can play any time I want to, and I have great memories of all of them. Tho some of those memories are tinged with a bit more frustration than others ('Last Revelation' & 'Chronicles'). And I'm hoping 'Temple of Osiris' is a big enough hit that the 'Lara Croft' stand alones continue on. Multi-platform, of course.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

I'm over it. I do own both a PS4 and Xbone, and plan to support the game on both systems.......what the hell.....

maybe PC but only if they do a 2480p 80fps version....
    signature image

I am still mad but have hope they will go to PS4 and PC. I don't own a PS4 but the only reason why I would get one is for the series of games I play which move over to next generation, currently that's Metal Gear Solid and Tomb Raider. I also play Grand Theft Auto games but it seems like new games come out less and less. I think they are running out of ideas.

Anyway, I know it being a timed exclusive doesn't mean PS4 and PC will ever get it. Pretty much only time will tell. I'd be less angry if we knew very soon that PS4 and PC are getting it. It is unfair to make a sequel to a new series like this exclusive. Everyone wants to know what happens next and some of us might never get the chance to find out.
    signature image

same as before, I have my PS4 if it doesn't release on it I am no longer interested int he series...why should I continue to support a series that has zero interest in supporting it's root fanbase all for the want of money?

Quote Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_84 View Post
    I am still mad but have hope they will go to PS4 and PC. I don't own a PS4 but the only reason why I would get one is for the series of games I play which move over to next generation, currently that's Metal Gear Solid and Tomb Raider. I also play Grand Theft Auto games but it seems like new games come out less and less. I think they are running out of ideas.

Anyway, I know it being a timed exclusive doesn't mean PS4 and PC will ever get it. Pretty much only time will tell. I'd be less angry if we knew very soon that PS4 and PC are getting it. It is unfair to make a sequel to a new series like this exclusive. Everyone wants to know what happens next and some of us might never get the chance to find out.

very possible this could happen. M$ did it with halo so i can see them doing it again.
    signature image

Is it bad that I saw 'ROTTB' and thought 'Rise of the Tomb Boobie?" God, I'm silly today.

The sad truth is, timed exclusive means nothing other than "it will be exclusive to Xbox One and Xbox 360 for a duration of time." There's no contextual guarantee that it'll come to other platforms and that's what annoys me. I've seen Xbox games with the 'timed exclusive' hullabaloo never make it to other platforms. After the duration, it goes from being exclusive to Xbox 360 to exclusive to Xbox 360 and PC.

I still think its ludicrous that ROTTR won't make it to PS3 and PS4, but I'm just taking everything at face value and with a grain of salt.
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

What's gonna happen? Its not gonna sell a lot on the xbox one so they'll release it for the ps4 and pc

It's just like luxury retailers. Tomb Raider is to the gaming industry what Saks Fifth Avenue is to the fashion industry. They don't do sales. They don't have to. TR is just that good.

Crystal Dynamics knows they don't have to have a multi-platform title. And they want to grab that new audience who may also be buying Xbox One's.

I'm still mad about it and feel the need to keep pushing CD to change their mind for the longer term good of our series.

Quote Originally Posted by motoleo View Post
    Crystal Dynamics knows they don't have to have a multi-platform title. And they want to grab that new audience who may also be buying Xbox One's.
    If CD ever did move TR to be a permanent Xbox exclusive series then a big proportion of TR fans would never forgive or like them ever again. CD really DO need to have a multiplatform series with TR if they want any kind of respect from the gaming community.

It's just like luxury retailers. Tomb Raider is to the gaming industry what Saks Fifth Avenue is to the fashion industry. They don't do sales. They don't have to. TR is just that good.

still see this more as a huge fail for a game that was multiplatform since day one. and from the looks of it, not many will be getting a crapbox just for TR. i sure will not.

and CD knows that by now too. so yeah, what flint said.
    signature image

Still think it sucks. Any game developer should know better than to pull stunt like this. I won't be getting an xbox one and hope they don't do this type of thing again.

You don't have to get an Xbox One. But if you want to play Tomb Raider, and the other next generation games coming out in 2015, you'll have to upgrade at some point.

You don't have to get an Xbox One. But if you want to play Tomb Raider, and the other next generation games coming out in 2015, you'll have to upgrade at some point.
    Have you considered that perhaps the person to whom you're speaking chose the PS4 as their upgrade or is a PC gamer?
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

Not gonna lie, I'm happy to see that fans are still angry- The moment that this gets swept under the rug and forgotten in the fans' minds, is the moment that corporate greed and selling out wins. I've been a very vocal naysayer on this deal since day 1, and will continue to be until we see not only a PC release, but Playstation as well. I'm not okay with exclusivity in 3rd party, timed or otherwise. Even Sony handled the Destiny exclusivity different, by making the DLC exclusive. Xbox owners still experienced the game at launch, and know that the deal ends in a year on DLC. Where is the courtesy for Tomb Raider fans from Micro$oft?

I will be angry, right up until the day that Crystal, Square, or Micro$oft announce that the game WILL be on Playstation 4. Until then, I'm never purchasing Square Enix or Microsoft products again. (which kills me, because I wanted Kingdom Hearts 3, guess I'll buy used). I'm not giving money that I earned through hard work, to a company that could care less about it. As the consumer, WE make the industry. Don't let the anger die until ALL fans are treated equally as we once were with this franchise. Tomb Raider doesn't belong on just Xbox or PC. Playstation sold 13.5 million consoles, we have a market.
    signature image
    https://twitter.com/damiandee1230

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast