Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you still think about ROTTB being an exclusive?

I don't like the idea of diskless. It's good in theory, but servers go down, files can be corrupted, and systems can break. I'd rather have a physical copy I can play anytime and really get my money's worth.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    I don't like the idea of diskless. It's good in theory, but servers go down, files can be corrupted, and systems can break. I'd rather have a physical copy I can play anytime and really get my money's worth.
    You are right there. I bought Outrun on the Xbox Live Store and now its been pulled so you can't buy it any more. If anything happens to my Xbox i'm not sure I can get it back again. The halfway house (which what MS was proposing) was to install from disk but use DRM so you didn't have to insert the disk every time, but the next logical step on from that is completely diskless!
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    You are right there. I bought Outrun on the Xbox Live Store and now its been pulled so you can't buy it any more. If anything happens to my Xbox i'm not sure I can get it back again. The halfway house (which what MS was proposing) was to install from disk but use DRM so you didn't have to insert the disk every time, but the next logical step on from that is completely diskless!
    It's not the same when it comes to like say Christmas when you get a download your own present gift. Is like being given a book voucher. My old laptop broke a while back and thinking if that happened to a console with diskless games you could lose hundreds of pounds. There would need to be some good FREE backup systems. It is the way things will go eventually but the longer until that the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    That is true. I love the Kinect personally. It's not perfect but its a lot better than the first Kinect. Commands work well. "Xbox on" turns on my Xbox and TV and "Xbox Turn Off" turns them both off. "Record That" captures clips. "Mute" for when the phone goes. The auto-sign in is great and using it for Skype video calls with the family is great too. I can see why MS wanted it part of the Xbox experience but if people aren't concerned about this stuff I can also see why they view it as an unnecessary expense. Whether they make it more useful than the first version going forward we will see.
    These being recorded on camera and social networking elements feel so intrusive with the talking to a console just the most awkward thing. Far worse than just unnecessary some of us gamers who are more introverted like myself may find inclusion of these features a big negative.
    signature image

Personally, I don't like strictly digital media either. ... however, the nice thing is, as long as you maintain accounts with most services that deal in digital media, you can re-download items you might have deleted/ lost at no extra cost.

I still prefer hard copies though.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
    It's not the same when it comes to like say Christmas when you get a download your own present gift. Is like being given a book voucher. My old laptop broke a while back and thinking if that happened to a console with diskless games you could lose hundreds of pounds. There would need to be some good FREE backup systems. It is the way things will go eventually but the longer until that the better.

These being recorded on camera and social networking elements feel so intrusive with the talking to a console just the most awkward thing. Far worse than just unnecessary some of us gamers who are more introverted like myself may find inclusion of these features a big negative.
    Yes, a backup system would be good but then they might as well give you a disk!

You aren't forced to use the social networking stuff or to be recorded on camera. Those are options open to you. I don't tweet, for example, or record myself for gaming clips. As for talking to the console, I do mix and match between voice commands and controller and once you learn the commands it doesn't feel strange, but if someone like yourself doesn't want to use these features you would need another reason to buy a Kinect.
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martok View Post
    Oh, I'm sure that there are as many CT's about Sony's eye camera. As there are for Xbox One's Kinect.

Thing is, Sony didn't try to say, the Camera must be used with the PS4. M$ did try that...and folk were not happy about it.
    Yep. And that is where Tecstar's supermarket loyalty card analogy falls flat - it's as if the supermarket forced you to use a loyalty card or else you can't shop there, at all.

And I myself don't use any supermarket loyalty cards, for the very same reason that I don't like BB spying on my personal life through the items I purchase in a supermarket.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirh...er-father-did/

As for the other reasons given in defence of MS - sure, we can't avoid BB entirely, not unless we go completely off the grid and live on a farm somewhere in the middle of nowhere and grow our own food, etc. But just because there are some things that we can't avoid, doesn't mean we should bend over and take whatever BB throws at us.

Not everything is a conspiracy theory. It used to be a theory that the government was looking at your private webcam sessions. Well, now it's a fact.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Yep. And that is where Tecstar's supermarket loyalty card analogy falls flat - it's as if the supermarket forced you to use a loyalty card or else you can't shop there, at all.

And I myself don't use any supermarket loyalty cards, for the very same reason that I don't like BB spying on my personal life through the items I purchase in a supermarket.
    D'accord. (With all due respect to Tecstar. )

YIKES!

Quote Originally Posted by Driber
    As for the other reasons given in defence of MS - sure, we can't avoid BB entirely, not unless we go completely off the grid and live on a farm somewhere in the middle of nowhere and grow our own food, etc. But just because there are some things that we can't avoid, doesn't mean we should bend over and take whatever BB throws at us.
    No kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by Driber
    Not everything is a conspiracy theory. It used to be a theory that the government was looking at your private webcam sessions. Well, now it's a fact.
    I hope they got my best side! (j/k)
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123