Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official forums exclusive dev Q&A session #19

Default Official forums exclusive dev Q&A session #19

Note: This Q&A session is strictly for questions regarding the Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris game.
    There's a mirror thread in the LCTOO forum section. Please post your question(s) only in one of these threads, not both!

Welcome to our nineteenth monthly* official TR forums exclusive developer Questions & Answers session!

We're holding one of these Q&A sessions every month* on this forum, where you guys can direct your burning questions to the dev team. During each session, the 5 best questions will be picked out by Meagan and answered by a CrystalD crew member. Just a few conditions:

- Maximum 2 questions per member per Q&A session.

- Read all already answered questions in our official FAQ threads before posting. We don't want questions which are already answered!

- No off topic in this thread. Only posts containing questions for the devs. For everything else, use the Humble Abode thread.

- Post only intelligent, well thought-out questions which are articulate, clear and to the point.

Example...

Good:

I really loved the music in the Turning Point trailer. Will it be the Main Theme of the game?

Bad:

omg omg omg this is awesome thank u guys for doing this im so stoked!!!!!!!!!!!!!! k my question is about the trailer! I really liked the music in it and its sumthing i listen to often because i play violin and stuff lol so i know u guys maybe dont wanna give too much info away already but i guess what else is the point of this thread, rite? lmao. so pleasssssssssseeeeeee tell me if the music is gonna be the main theme in the game. i sooooooo much loved it and i wanna hear it for all the time when im on the title screen lolololololololol

====================

This session will end on November 3, 2014

=== Forum Q&A session history ===

Session #1 - December 2011
    Session #2 - February 2012
    Session #3 - April 2012
    Session #4 - May 2012
    Session #5 - June 2012 (special E3 ambassador edition)
    Session #6 - July 2012
    Session #7 - August/September 2012
    Session #8 - October 2012
    Session #9 - November 2012
    Session #10 - December 2012
    Session #11 - January 2013
    Session #12 - May 2013
    Session #13 - June 2013
    Session #14 - June/July/August 2013
    Session #15 - September 2013
    Session #16 - November 2013
    Session #17 - Dec 2013/Jan 2014
    Session #18 - Feb 2014
    Session #19 - Oct 2014

*Schedules permitting. For example, around Christmas and summer holidays, we may skip a month or span a session across multiple months.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagonô | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Default Official forums exclusive dev Q&A session #19

[edit: merging threads]
    Last edited by Driber; 11-13-2014 at 09:15 AM. Reason: .

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagonô | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Have you considered bringing Totec or other characters from previous entries of the Tomb Raider series as unlockable skins? If not, would you?

I understand that we have an all new soundtrack to boot. Any particular reason a soundtrack release was not taken into account when the Gold Edition was conceived?

Thanks.

Why is the Xbox Gold version of Temple of Osiris unavailable in Europe?

Let me guess... you just copypasted your questions from the previous Q&A and didn't even read the OP, did you, Metal?

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Let me guess... you just copypasted your questions from the previous thread and didn't even read the OP, did you, Metal?
    oops.

taken care of it.

but, when will our questions from last time being answered, since its closed down?
    signature image

How long would you expect gameplay to be? For simplicity, let's say for a single-player campaign as compared to Guardian of Light - same length, 20% shorter, 50% longer etc...
    ᴙє₳Ŀi₮ɣ is for people who can't handle ΩӍŖ Ɍ∆°–єʁ.

When can we Pre-order Temple of Osiris on Steam? (Non-US region)

First question:
    Given the recent "Rise" Xbox 1 exclusivity announcement debacle and consequent fan backlash, has there been some sort of hesitation in advertising and promoting "Osiris" or fear of it affecting sales?

Second question:
    Given that this is "current gen" and PC only game, are the PS3 and 360 truly "last gen" and dead in the eyes of a developer?
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

What revived interest in the "Lara Croft and" series for the studio personally?

Where do you draw inspiration for the gameplay (isometric etc.)?
    signature image
    https://twitter.com/damiandee1230

Cue lots of questions that probably won't be answered, so I will ask one too.

Are there plans to release the Gold edition on the Xbox One in the UK? I will probably not buy the Digital Version and importing the US release is far too expensive.
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

#1 Guardian of Light featured plenty of side challenges for the player to complete throughout a level (e.g. Kill 20 spiders). Does Orisis also include additional objectives like that for the player?

#2 Where did you gather inspiration for Lara's tomb raiding nemesis, Carter, and can we expect to see him in future (hopefully) Lara Croft titles?

(Can I get away with #2? )

The OP says these are questions for LCTOO, even tho it's the mirror thread for ROTTR.

edit: oh.
    Last edited by larafan25; 10-25-2014 at 06:25 AM.

1 Will have the cards on Steam (Steam trading cards)?
    2 Server will have to mulltiplayer directed to the region of Brazil? it would help us much here because the ping is usually high

When is this expected to be pre orderable for consoles if it is a physical game disc? (Like I saw on amazon uk.)

What made you decide to bring back Keeley hawes as lara's voice instead of luddington (keeley has always done a great job so that was a pleasant surprise)

#1) What was the process of deciding which qualities of the classic Lara Croft to mix with the qualities of the reboot Lara Croft like?

#2) Will there be easter eggs/parallels to the reboot version of Tomb Raider in Temple of Osiris (i.e. bringing up a character from TR9 like Roth)?
    "There are so many mysteries that I once dismissed as mere stories, but the line between our myths and truth are fragile and blurry."

I and I'm sure many other old skool TR fans absolutely love seeing a updated version of the classic Lara look used for this game and was wondering what prompted you to choose this style?

Is the inspiration for the LC series what Lara becomes after TR(2013)/ROTTR or do you see her as a more separate representation of Lara from previous titles or somewhere inbetween?
    signature image

If playing local mulitplayer on PS4, will you allow all logged in players to receive trophies?

I think it's great when games do this (like diablo 3 for instance) but then others (like some of the lego games) tend to forget about it and only give the trophies to one player, which makes the other players feel left out.

I'm not sure if this question has been asked or not but I'll ask and see what happens.

Question: Does the multiplayer incorporate matchmaking and does it allow drop in and drop out?

I know it's 4 player co-op, similar to Guardian of Light but Guardian of light did not have matchmaking it only allowed to play with the friends on your friends list who had the game and were on when you arranged it with them.
    'I made you a pie'. 'ooh what flavour is it?'. 'pie flavour...'
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    I'm not sure if this question has been asked or not but I'll ask and see what happens.

Question: Does the multiplayer incorporate matchmaking and does it allow drop in and drop out?

I know it's 4 player co-op, similar to Guardian of Light but Guardian of light did not have matchmaking it only allowed to play with the friends on your friends list who had the game and were on when you arranged it with them.
    There was actually matchmaking though

Question: Just like we usually get costumes for Lara (If we get any for this game, will we?) is there any possibility of getting costumes for the rest of the characters?
    signature image

Will there be a platinum trophy to achieve?

1. Will there be a physical copy released?

As a note to the developer, I'm not buying any products of yours until confirmation that Rise of the Tomb Raider being on PS4 occurs.

Here you are, all! Great questions!

1) A Big House: Guardian of Light featured plenty of side challenges for the player to complete throughout a level (e.g. Kill 20 spiders). Does Osiris also include additional objectives like that for the player?

2) A Big House: Where did you gather inspiration for Lara's tomb raiding nemesis, Carter, and can we expect to see him in future (hopefully) Lara Croft titles?

3) Tainanlctr: Will there be Steam trading cards?

4) Tainanlctr: Will multiplayer servers ping locally, such as in Brazil?

5) RyanCroftsLara: What made you decide to bring back Keeley Hawes as Lara's voice instead of Ludington?

6) AlexWeiss: What was the process of deciding which qualities of the classic Lara Croft to mix with the qualities of the reboot Lara Croft like?

7) Farron: If playing local multiplayer on PS4, will you allow all logged in players to receive trophies?

8) Danielsun: Question: Does the multiplayer incorporate matchmaking and does it allow drop in and drop out?

9) Eros: Will all characters get bonus costumes in Temple of Osiris, not just Lara?

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    5) RyanCroftsLara: What made you decide to bring back Keeley Hawes as Lara's voice instead of Ludington?
    I LOVE this answer

I must say, you are on fire today Meagan! XD

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    Amos: The Hitman, Deus Ex, and Legend packs feature clothing for all four characters. If you get the Season Pass you also get a unique Survivor costume for each character, but just for the Season Pass owners. There are a few Lara-only outfits down the line in future DLC packs, too. [From official forum Q&A session #19 (November 2014)]
    Ooh, reboot inspired outfits, awesome! Can we get an awesome render for this like we have for the other three preorder incentive packs? Pretty please?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast