Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rise of the Tomb Raider trailer coming on December 5, 2014?

Default Rise of the Tomb Raider trailer coming on December 5, 2014?

Here's an interesting tweet from Geoff Keighley:

(click image to enlarge)

It surely pointing out that there will be a Video Game Awards show aka VGX this year as well and Tomb Raider will get a trailer there. Tomb Raider got two trailers at last two years shows. And the word 'Rise' is very interesting. I think we are getting something at VGX 2014.

I think it's a subtle hint to the possibility of seeing more of the upcoming game, yes.

Or it could be a charming coincidence regarding the Video Game Awards.
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

If the VGA's are anything like they were last year (GTAV/Rockstar circle jerk) I'll just wait for it to go on youtube and watch it then. I can't sit through Joel Mchale's terrible jokes again.

I just can't feel excited about new info until we get to know what is happening the the PC/PS versions. Feel more fed up than thrilled about ROTTR at the moment and that is a first for me.

As I posted about this in Humble Abode, I obviously agree with you that this could be a hint to TR10 being shown at the VGAs. I hope so. Despite the exclusive, I am still very interested in seeing what this game has to offer.

I think that above all-- we wanna see this at the end of the trailer:
    Coming to Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4 & PC

While I'm excited to see a new trailer, I still have mixed feelings. Even though I'm getting a 360 for this one.

Thank you st. Nicholas (if it is what we think it is)

It's a bit pretentious, but it could be a hint to a Rise trailer, yes. Also, Rhianna recently twitted she's started working on a new project some of her followers would surely like, but she can't speak about it for a few months. It could be the next novel, another arc for the comic books or, who knows, maaaaaaaybe another TR game now that LCGOL is almost out the door.

Hmm... Maybe. I wouldn't count on it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    ...It could be the next novel, another arc for the comic books or, who knows, maaaaaaaybe another TR game now that LCGOL is almost out the door.
    Probably the comics, I highly doubt she'll start work on the next TR when Rise is still so far from release and AFAIK she had no input on Osiris ( not GoL ) so I doubt it's release would mean much for her

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    It's a bit pretentious, but it could be a hint to a Rise trailer, yes. Also, Rhianna recently twitted she's started working on a new project some of her followers would surely like, but she can't speak about it for a few months. It could be the next novel, another arc for the comic books or, who knows, maaaaaaaybe another TR game now that LCGOL is almost out the door.
    What makes you think it's TR related? I guess it could be the next arc of the comics if there is to be a 3rd one leading into Rise.

No particular reason, it just seemed odd how she mentioned "some of you may enjoy". Maybe we're part of that group, but most likely we're not.

also mixed feelings about it. unless it will say that it will come out for pc and ps as well i will turn my back on the trailer.
    signature image

TBH I only care about when's this game is coming to PS4 & PC. I don't really care about trailers & screenshots anymore.
    If you are reading this signature, you have just wasted 3 seconds of your life

Quote Originally Posted by NSW pride View Post
    TBH I only care about when's this game is coming to PS4 & PC. I don't really care about trailers & screenshots anymore.
    I agree. I was super excited when the first trailer came out, I had never been that excited to see a new Tomb Raider game!
    And then it was stolen from us...

Earlier I said I was going to buy a 360 for this. Not so sure about that anymore.

I'm assuming Geoff Keighley works at CD?

It'd be cool to see more of the game, but knowing it's still over a year away from release (and who knows how many years away from when I'll be able to play it) I can't get that excited yet.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

^No, Geoff is a game journalist and, according to his Twitter, the host of Spike's GTTV.

I think the reason peeps are making the connection to RotTR, is the use of the word 'Rise' (obviously?). It could just be a coincidence, but if it was his intention just to pay attention to the VGAs, he could have done so without using that word. I mean, it's the VGAs, people know game trailers will feature there .

I could point out that they spelled Rise not rise. But Since A Lot Of People Type Like This Lately I'm Not Sure If That Makes A Difference Anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    I could point out that they spelled Rise not rise. But Since A Lot Of People Type Like This Lately I'm Not Sure If That Makes A Difference Anymore.
    It's different.
    Geoff's tweet using capital letters indicates the fact that the 'Games Will Rise' line is either the title, subtitle or phrase for something. Proper nouns symbolise importance or the name of something.

People Who Type Like This Don't Realize That It's Incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    It's different.
    Geoff's tweet using capital letters indicates the fact that the 'Games Will Rise' line is either the title, subtitle or phrase for something. Proper nouns symbolise importance or the name of something.

People Who Type Like This Don't Realize That It's Incorrect.
    Very true, however having just looked at his Twitter feed, he usually types like a normal human

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    Very true, however having just looked at his Twitter feed, he usually types like a normal human
    Indeed.
    Which strengthens the theory that Geoff's tweet has something to do with an event. Perhaps it's Tomb Raider related, given the usage of the word 'rise.'

Or, it could be completely coincidental and anticlimactic in the respect that there's a heap of new games being brought to light during the VGAs in trailers and video announcements.

Smile

I will watch the Trailer, but i will Not support the Game

I think there is one coming. I was just getting that feeling and decided to log in.

This makes me really sad, a piece of me gets hyped for TR news... Then it gets crushed at the thought that it might not even pertain to me :/ </3 that's my heart... It's broken
    signature image
    https://twitter.com/damiandee1230

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    Um, Excuse Me, But Please Define For Us Your Definition Of A Normal Human? A Normal Human As Opposed To What?! I Find This To Be An Offensive And Discriminatory Statement!

(of course I am being facetious...only humor)
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast