Thread: Thief 3 - St. Edgar cannot be completed

Question Thief 3 - St. Edgar cannot be completed

Hello
    When I take St. Edgar's goblet Garrett comments on it, so far, so good. But then the tick in the box concerning this goal won't appear. That means I can't end the mission by leaving St. Edgar, although I have completed all goals, incl. taking that goblet. Anybody got a solution? EDIT: 1) that goblet is called The Builders Chalice 2) more precisely I should say, that the box where it says "attach the stamped gear and the holy symbol (...)" remains unticked. Yet it works, I can insert the things and the cage is lowered, so that I can take the Chalice. Only the goal remains not completed.
    Last edited by sohnes; 10-11-2014 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sohnes View Post
    Hello
    When I take St. Edgar's goblet Garrett comments on it, so far, so good. But then the tick in the box concerning this goal won't appear. That means I can't end the mission by leaving St. Edgar, although I have completed all goals, incl. taking that goblet. Anybody got a solution? EDIT: 1) that goblet is called The Builders Chalice 2) more precisely I should say, that the box where it says "attach the stamped gear and the holy symbol (...)" remains unticked. Yet it works, I can insert the things and the cage is lowered, so that I can take the Chalice. Only the goal remains not completed.
    I think you are in the wrong forums. This forum is for Thief, not Thief Deadly Shadows (Thief 3).
    MSI 990FXA GD65 / AMD 4.2MHz Qcore / (2) XFX HD7970 / 16Gig 1600FBS Corsar / Recon 3D / Win7 x64

true, thank you!

We have moved your thread into the correct sub-forum.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Have you tried to play with a more recent patch? Which version of game you have?
    Free Fall: S = a * t

Default patch

When I start FMSel to launch Thief 3 Gold it says "Thief 3.1.1.3.4", which is also confirmed in the game as version 1.1.3.4

I remember to have had the same problem, year ago, then. You still miss to do something in that level. What it happens when you approach the blue fog ad the exit?

Default Blue Fog

If you mean the blue fog, which is probably supposed 2b near the Exit gate (?).. there is No fog. Wonder, if it's possible to fix the prob by uninstalling Thief 3 Gold and simply Play Thief 3. Anybody knows, if that's a good idea?

I neither knew it was released! It must be full of bugs then... Don't play amatorial missions or remakes before having played the original game. Anyway, if you will reinstall the original game you will have to play everything from start, that sucks.

Default reinstall

True, it's been Quite a way To get there. Will try it an way. Thanks man!

So you are playing 'Thief 3 Gold' ?
    It is still in Beta and was made available to the public for the sole purpose of getting a broader beta-testing audience.
    Among the 'expected bugs' are exactly those kind of issues that you ran into.
    ... One of the most current problems are broken volume boxes, so everything that is triggered by Garrett or an NPC walking into a specific area (an invisible box for the editor). If you notice that e.g. conversations or Garrett voice-overs don't start as they should – that's for the bug list. Please volunteer only if you know the original game by heart and/or are ready to dedicate a significant amount of time to the test. Bugs should be reported here, if possible with images or clear location/description so I can track things down quickly...
    If you wish to provide your beta-testing feedback, then you should probably head over to this forum where this kind of feedback is collected.
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143658

The particular issue in St.Edgar is known already.
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...ar#post2265801

Thanks mate,
    Hope my savegames will work without "gold".

They will not, because the maps are different.

That's true - different maps, incompatible saves.

Those who like testing can try out the new T3G 1.1 beta - now possibly with John P's textures and/or the Minimalist Project on top. In the new version this particular bug has been fixed. You'll still have to start over, though.

If only I have time... The Plot is stealing all my Thief time, real life the remaining. I've bought a 2500 dollars computer and all I'm doing is Facebook, Youtube,(low quality) movies and TDS... I've bought this monster for the new Thief, but when I realized it was a crap, I gave up after an half hour. Planning to take it again to give it another try.