Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trinity

Default Trinity

I'm having ideas popping into my head again, so I'll just share them here, because why the hell not...?

So according to the short description that came with the TR10 psychiatrist trailer:

In her first adventure, Lara Croft was forged into a true survivor, but she glimpsed a deeper, secret world. Obsessed by what she has seen, Lara is now threatened by a shadow organization intent on killing her for what she knows.
    I'm guessing that shadow organization that they're talking about is the group that was hinted towards in TR9 and is called Trinity. They're after supernatural stuff what they call 'star phenomena' and want to keep them hidden from the rest of the world. A secret society that wants to kill people: Dan Brown is gonna love this game...

So Trinity is gonna be a big antagonist in TR10. I think an organization like that needs a symbol: perhaps this one: simple and recognizable.

It can be displayed on the walls of Trinity hideouts, facilities, vehicles, Trinity agents and hired guns may wear it as buttons to recognize eachother.

It also needs a leader - an enigmatic, colourful and charismatic figure, one who derrives his power from his brainwork rather than his brawl. (And he may or may not be voiced by Martin Sheen )

It also needs two other leaders: two second in commands like the 'son' and the 'holy ghost' - it is Trinity after all. Maybe the 'son' can actually be a daughter and her name could be Amanda Evert: not exactly the same one from Legend, but another incarnation just like Camilla's Lara is a different incarnation from Keeley's. I think it would be fitting: Amanda in Legend had some connection with the supernatural...

And the 'holy ghost' would be 'muscle', the enforcer who leads Trinity's agents and hired guns. Kinda like the big guy that shows up in every Indiana Jones film and dies horribly...

... Or maybe something completely different, I don't know...
    Last edited by Jurre; 10-07-2014 at 02:04 AM.

Well, in the comics Trinity aren't actually after Lara, but they would benefit from her being gone, so I'm not sure what that says about their involvement in Rise, but from the look of the CGI trailer, it is Lara who is doing the killing
    Also, I think I'd prefer more mystery surrounding the group rather than knowing who is in charge, don't ask me why, I don't know
    I definitely agree that they need a logo though, perhaps now that Meagan is back, she may reward with such treats

Well I hope TR10 will be so kind to allow people who don't read the comics to be able to understand what is going on with the story... I'm pretty sure it will...

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    I definitely agree that they need a logo though, perhaps now that Meagan is back, she may reward with such treats
    Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean...

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    Well I hope TR10 will be so kind to allow people who don't read the comics to be able to understand what is going on with the story... I'm pretty sure it will...
    Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean...
    Oh yeah, I'm sure it will too, I'm just saying

And well, you and I think Trinity having a logo in the game would be good, yeah? So I'm suggesting that it would be awesome if Meagan was to release said logo (/other goodies)

Well yeah,... if they could arrange for that... Sure!

Welll, as the hat guy from the comics is a Trinity member, and the comics lead into Rise, then it seems that they will be after Lara after all, if only to shut her up. It could be that's why they're after Kaz. Perhaps Kaz will be in the game too, I don't see this story necessarily wrapping up in the comics. It would make sense for Rise to somehow incorporate the comic story into the game, so people aren't lost if they haven't read the comics.

As for Trinity, it would be good if there are three main bosses. I like your idea of a son and a holy ghost type (or a spiritual type), but I'd rather it be the son (or second in command) who is the muscle and a woman who is the 'holy ghost', spiritually minded boss that requires more than just shooting to defeat. But not Amanda, not even a little hint of her.

It's intriguing that they know something that Lara uncovers and they clearly don't want it uncovered. I hope it doesn't turn out to be that what's supernatural is actually man made 'ancient technology' that happens to look like magic but isn't.

Trinity?

a possibility would be that trinity would actually use lara to see if these powers can be controlled or are actually true. secretly dropping of hints for lara to find and get her curious to go to these locations/places. eventually lara slowly gets skeptical and tries to find out why. finding some hidden clues about trinity that they existed since, i dont know, the roman empire, and what they do.
    all this would be revealed in later titles of the game.

just a wild hunch.
    signature image

I wonder what this symbol means ...... perhaps related to trinity ?

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    As for Trinity, it would be good if there are three main bosses. I like your idea of a son and a holy ghost type (or a spiritual type), but I'd rather it be the son (or second in command) who is the muscle and a woman who is the 'holy ghost', spiritually minded boss that requires more than just shooting to defeat.
    Hm,... well I thought of Amanda as the actual daughter of the Trinity boss so hence she would be the 'son', but I guess it would make better sense if the muscle was the son and the female leader the holy ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    a possibility would be that trinity would actually use lara to see if these powers can be controlled or are actually true. secretly dropping of hints for lara to find and get her curious to go to these locations/places. eventually lara slowly gets skeptical and tries to find out why.
    From the description of TR10 though, it seems that Trinity is hostile right from the start...

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    I wonder what this symbol means ...... perhaps related to trinity ?

(click image to enlarge)
    Where did you get it from?

It may have some christian symbolism, but the Trinity symbol usually has three lobes: representing the father, son, and holy ghost: each of them are seperate, but each one of them are also god: represented by the triangle area in the middle:

Not that I expect that to have anything to do with TR's Trinity... By the way I think this symbol would look more threatening if it was turned upside down
    Last edited by Jurre; 10-07-2014 at 01:49 AM.

The symbol Chocolate posted comes from tombraider.com. It's titled the RotTR crosshair.

Also, here's a small twist for the son/holy ghost theory. Have the female be the muscle and the second man be the spiritual one.

Also, does anyone know what this symbol is:

Is it from a particular culture/religion?
    Last edited by Rai; 10-07-2014 at 04:19 AM.

The symbol Chocolate posted comes from tombraider.com. It's titled the RotTR crosshair.
    That's odd... Would that be the game's gun crosshairs? It looks so elaborate...

It's usually simple like this:

I really don't know what to make of that thing...

Also, here's a small twist for the son/holy ghost theory. Have the female be the muscle and the second man be the spiritual one.
    Also a possibility, then the holy ghost man I think would be a somewhat shamanic kind of figure: not unlike Mathias perhaps...

I was editing my post when you replied. So I'll repost the symbol (It's from the trailer).:

Is this from a particular culture?

Remarkable! I don't recognize that from any existing culture that I'm aware of... But it may very well be something meaningful in the TR10 story. Perhaps that is the symbol of Trinity, if that organisation - like any Dan Brownesque secret society - has been around for centuries, so hence the appearance of that symbol on old stones.

I was editing my post when you replied. So I'll repost the symbol (It's from the trailer).:

Is this from a particular culture?
    It's Celtic.
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    It's Celtic.
    Yep, it looks like a slightly modified Celtic Cross.
    signature image

From the description of TR10 though, it seems that Trinity is hostile right from the start...
    maybe later on they see potential in lara. that would be a little unexpected twist.

maybe this is the logo of trinity:

signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    ...maybe this is the logo of trinity:
    Now that would be a twist

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    Now that would be a twist
    ubisoft is trinity. because CD used the logo from their game.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    It's Celtic.
    Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    Yep, it looks like a slightly modified Celtic Cross.
    Thank you. I was wondering if t was. So is the Triqueta above. I was wondering if this gave us a clue as to where Lara is in the trailer.
    Last edited by Rai; 10-07-2014 at 09:31 AM.

No, it 'is' not Celtic. Having a vague resemblance to a Celtic cross doesn't make it one.

No, it 'is' not Celtic. Having a vague resemblance to a Celtic cross doesn't make it one.
    Actually it is of the Celtic culture. I've seen similar symbols before; my educated assumption is that considering that there is no real-world association with that symbol, they must have created it using influence from Celtic and Gaelic cultures.

More information here:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...2&postcount=61

Let me put it this way: if they intended to create a Celtic cross they did a terrible job at it. The typical Irish cross looks like this:

Had it looked like that there would be no doubt about it's cultural origin.

This bears a resemblence to it but it's not the same.

I do not think that Crystal D did a terrible job at recreating a Celtic cross, they are very well capable at reproducing art and symbols from any other old culture that is recognizable to everyone.

Ergo: they did not intended to create a Celtic cross.

I also think that this symbol would not be featured in the trailer, as well as show up on the TR website without any explanation, if it didn't have some central role in the game, instead of just representing another culture that is being explored - unless perhaps it was the only culture being investigated, but from what I've heard TR10 will take place in various places around the world so that seems unlikely.

My educated guess is that this symbol stands for Trinity.

There are different variations of the Celtic cross. The symbol for Trinity is not THE Celtic cross, but definitely a variation of one.

A Celtic cross is a symbol that combines a cross with a ring surrounding the intersection. This is a simplified Celtic Cross:

So the image from the TR site is a modified Celtic cross which takes this simplified version and adds that square to the middle.
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast