Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theory about Hitman 6

Default Theory about Hitman 6

I think that some of the missions in Hitman GO may be based on some of the missions in Hitman 6. Take a look.

Hitman 6 (concept art)

Hitman GO (second map)

By Jove, I think you're right!

1. We have the gameboard that is based on Blood Money's Curtains Down. This indicates that they are willing to base Hitman GO gameboards on existing (and potentially upcoming) levels from the main games.

2. We have an airport-based gameboard. Though there is no confirmation that we will see an airport level in Hitman 6, IOI have emphasized the focus on international levels and the header image on this forum obviously takes place at an airport. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/.../h6_banner.jpg) This forum's background image seems to be a map of airline routes. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/...background.jpg) This could indicate that there will be an airport level in Hitman 6, upon which said gameboard might be based.

3. The images you posted are quite interesting. I had never made that connection before. Thanks for that! Night time, sprawling outdoors, fenced off area, very large building (large enough to have a courtyard in the middle of it), similar architecture.

There could easily be an airport level in HM6. But the header is also a great way of showing that the agency has global reach and influences all over the world. You won't be able to hide from the agency. 47 will get you anywhere; borders don't exsist when the money's been paid and a contract initiated.

I think this is the overall theme of Hitman 6.

Very possible theory indeed. To add to it (just my thoughts):

-Spoiler warning-

Most likely the next hitman will take place after Blood Money. Most likely to be split up into several games it will lead up to Absolution. Much like how Blood Money and Contracts are very much connected, I think IO will (i hope) try to make a similar approach. 47 was in his prime in Blood money, not only as an assassin but also as a game.
    Remember. At the end of Blood Money, the Agency was dismantled. Diana and 47 were the remainders. 47 went on to do what he does and Diana appearantly went back to work at..... who knows, maybe the new agency. Point is, after such a large takedown of the agency, how could things be as they were at the beginning of Absolution. Questions I believe that make the link between BM and Absolution seem very odd.
    So my guess is that everything leading up to Absolution will be dealt with in the next hitman game(s).
    Maybe Absolution was the first glimpse at the end of the Legend. With more to come in the very distant future I hope. I'd hate to see him go.
    I have many gripes about Absolution (mainly game mechanics), but I found the story to be pretty good. I agree, from what we know and want of hitman, the story was over the top and intrusive.
    But thinking on the lore: Maybe Cloning is finally legalized that way travis could start making his weapon (Victoria). Even the Doctor at Dexter's lab knew of Ortmeyer. 47 looks a lot older and clones aren't really known for their longevity......
    Good lord, I could literally go on. THis post is long enough I guess. What do you guys think.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRahx View Post

-Spoiler warning-

Most likely the next hitman will take place after Blood Money. Most likely to be split up into several games it will lead up to Absolution. Much like how Blood Money and Contracts are very much connected, I think IO will (i hope) try to make a similar approach. 47 was in his prime in Blood money, not only as an assassin but also as a game.
    Remember. At the end of Blood Money, the Agency was dismantled. Diana and 47 were the remainders. 47 went on to do what he does and Diana appearantly went back to work at..... who knows, maybe the new agency. Point is, after such a large takedown of the agency, how could things be as they were at the beginning of Absolution. Questions I believe that make the link between BM and Absolution seem very odd.
    So my guess is that everything leading up to Absolution will be dealt with in the next hitman game(s).
    Maybe Absolution was the first glimpse at the end of the Legend. With more to come in the very distant future I hope. I'd hate to see him go.
    I have many gripes about Absolution (mainly game mechanics), but I found the story to be pretty good. I agree, from what we know and want of hitman, the story was over the top and intrusive.
    But thinking on the lore: Maybe Cloning is finally legalized that way travis could start making his weapon (Victoria). Even the Doctor at Dexter's lab knew of Ortmeyer. 47 looks a lot older and clones aren't really known for their longevity......
    Good lord, I could literally go on. THis post is long enough I guess. What do you guys think.
    I like it. It would be cool if H6 will be about 47's life since his creation till his end (death? - maybe too radical, but after the rumble he did in Absolution it would be justified). Spliting whole plot into different moments of 47's life can be interesting, and as you said there's few mysterious periods in the series which can be filled in the next title (rebuilding new ICA after BM, creation of Mr. 17). It may be hard to build consistent story with these threads, but i'd love to see this.

-Spoiler warning-

As long as the gameplay isn't negatively impacted by the story, I don't care what IO chooses to do. Personally, I would rather IO come up with a new adventure for 47 that takes place after H2 (we see the conflicted 47, etc.) and before BM (where the Agency falls apart) -- there is a lot of time that needs filling here, and I see this as a period where IO can delve deeper into 47's mind without sacrificing the overreaching power of the Agency.
    signature image

I donīt think itīs important if it is prequel or sequel. 47 needs to make the job done. He needs target, and money. Nobody cares about the timeline. Just bring 47 back, make me feel he is proffesional. This is how I want the game to be made. Just take bloodmoney, improve it in every direction, bring in new mechanics, like quick take downs and others... Just make me feel I can get out of every situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post
    As long as the gameplay isn't negatively impacted by the story, I don't care what IO chooses to do. Personally, I would rather IO come up with a new adventure for 47 that takes place after H2 (we see the conflicted 47, etc.) and before BM (where the Agency falls apart) -- there is a lot of time that needs filling here, and I see this as a period where IO can delve deeper into 47's mind without sacrificing the overreaching power of the Agency.
    I just realized that Hitman: Silent Assassin was the last game, chronologically. In the mission Shogun Showdown, 47 rescues that asian girl for the second time. Which means that Contracts took place before Silent Assassin, somewhere within Blood Money, which was preeminent to everything else.

If Hitman 6 carries on the story after Silent Assassin, this means that 47 has already been stabbed in the back by Diana, and the agency had already fallen apart long ago. After 47 rescues the pope, he's no longer conflicted, and returns back to the life, colder and more cynical than ever before. I think this is 47 at his best. But would he return to the agency after being stabbed in the back is the question. And what would his relationship with Diana be if he did?

I don't think we need to go back in time anymore. To me, 47 is in his prime when leaving the Gontranno Sanctuary for the last time. He's older, wiser and more experienced.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Agent_69; 10-16-2014 at 08:17 PM.

Hmmm, I'm trying to put together what you just said. In fact 47 saved her in the first hitman game. She was a.... the best lady if you know what I mean. 47 helped her escape or kills her to get the info, lol. Contracts were all flashbacks from past assassinations. So i think codename 47 is the very first chronologcally. SA could technicaly be after bloodmoney, when he went on to do his own thing and eventually went to father Victoria *cough I mean Victorrio. But the question is how he got in contact with the new agency so fast and using gear that was preliquidation. Wouldn't be smart to use the same exact codes etc for a newly established agency. In any case, I think you can kind of mix all of the missions between Contracts and BM, since they were mainly all flashbacks. SA was throughout a chronologically sound game I think. And we know for sure that Contracts took place during BM.
    But leaves me the question, was there a bigger overall story for the hitman series and the devs have been using parts of the entire story for their games. Or are we forcefully putting things together that were nothing more than a new game with fanservice and throwbacks. But to me what we're doing is just as fun

Hmmm, I'm trying to put together what you just said. In fact 47 saved her in the first hitman game. She was a.... the best lady if you know what I mean. 47 helped her escape or kills her to get the info, lol. Contracts were all flashbacks from past assassinations. So i think codename 47 is the very first chronologcally. SA could technicaly be after bloodmoney, when he went on to do his own thing and eventually went to father Victoria *cough I mean Victorrio. But the question is how he got in contact with the new agency so fast and using gear that was preliquidation. Wouldn't be smart to use the same exact codes etc for a newly established agency. In any case, I think you can kind of mix all of the missions between Contracts and BM, since they were mainly all flashbacks. SA was throughout a chronologically sound game I think. And we know for sure that Contracts took place during BM.
    But leaves me the question, was there a bigger overall story for the hitman series and the devs have been using parts of the entire story for their games. Or are we forcefully putting things together that were nothing more than a new game with fanservice and throwbacks. But to me what we're doing is just as fun
    ^ = ??

I've never played Codename: 47. It was my understanding that it was the same game. Regardless, Codename: 47 was the beginning of 47. All I'm saying is that Contracts and Blood Money were both prequels to Silent Assassin.

Blood Money's story was chronological in nature. It was being told in chronological order by the man in the wheelchair. From 47 sparking his curiosity after killing the Chilean drug lord, to 47 killing the vice president, to being stabbed by Diana in the back, or should I say shoulder, all that happened in chronological order.

In Silent Assassin, when 47 encounters the girl, she says

"MR. REIPER - YOU HERE? I'M GLAD TO SEE YOU AGAIN - YOU'RE MY NUMBER 1", to which 47 responds "GOOD MEMORY - BUT DON'T EVER CALL ME MR. REIPER AGAIN. IT'S NOT MY NAME ANYMORE. STILL LIVING A LOUSY LIFE, I SEE".

In Contracts, he's meeting her for the first time. I'm not sure how the conversation went in Codename: 47.

The events of Blood Money happened over the course of months, maybe even years, while the events of Contracts, not the missions themselves, just the portion where he's been shot, revived and escapes; all that, along with the Curtains Down mission from Blood Money, all that take place during the course of a night. Contracts was a single night in the odyssey that was Blood Money.

It makes sense that Silent Assassin was the last chapter. Fool me once, shame on you... as the saying goes. After Diana poisons him and leaves him for dead, 47 would need a very good reason to work for the ICA again, and that reason was Father Vitorrio, on top of that, 47 was now altruistic and vulnerable. Diana betraying and poisoning 47 with the fake death serum was the reason he left the agency and turned to God.

Believe me, Silent Assassin was the final chapter. The real question begs whether 47 returned to the agency or not, that is, if IO is taking the storyline seriously.
    Last edited by Agent_69; 10-17-2014 at 04:37 AM.

Hmm, actually Lee hong in contract was a flashback. He was targeted by mr Ortmeyer so 47, through the agency took him out. Everything in SA takes place after 47 kills Ortmeyer. The intro shows the camera feed of 47 making his way to Ortmeyer. So the meeting in codename 47 and in contracts are one in the same. In SA after everything went down in C47 you are after an entirly different target (can't remember his name), this is where you meet Ling for the second time (chronologically as far as we know the second). She's still a prostitute and doing what she does. After that we don't know what happens but she apparantly gets an assignment to kill 47 in BM (if it is her)......
    So basically the Lee Hong assassination is the first time he meets her in both C47 and Contracts. So its not really possible to tell if SA came after BM with just her backstory.
    While it is possible tha SA takes place after BM, it doesn't have enough proof yet. Especially the ending of BM, the agency is 'dead' and lost track of 47. That's the only thing linking SA and BM, that 47 had no contact with the agency. I'll agree that it is a better link than C47 and SA. But I'd like to hear more about why you think that

Hmm, actually Lee hong in contract was a flashback. He was targeted by mr Ortmeyer so 47, through the agency took him out. Everything in SA takes place after 47 kills Ortmeyer. The intro shows the camera feed of 47 making his way to Ortmeyer. So the meeting in codename 47 and in contracts are one in the same. In SA after everything went down in C47 you are after an entirly different target (can't remember his name), this is where you meet Ling for the second time (chronologically as far as we know the second). She's still a prostitute and doing what she does. After that we don't know what happens but she apparantly gets an assignment to kill 47 in BM (if it is her)......
    So basically the Lee Hong assassination is the first time he meets her in both C47 and Contracts. So its not really possible to tell if SA came after BM with just her backstory.
    While it is possible tha SA takes place after BM, it doesn't have enough proof yet. Especially the ending of BM, the agency is 'dead' and lost track of 47. That's the only thing linking SA and BM, that 47 had no contact with the agency. I'll agree that it is a better link than C47 and SA. But I'd like to hear more about why you think that
    smh,

#1, I know Lee Hong in Contracts was a flashback. I made that clear in my last post.

#2, I know that Ling is involved with a different target in Silent Assassin, that's why I said it's 47's 2nd time meeting her.

#3, Ling is Asian, of the darker persuasion. The hit woman in Blood Money was white and caucasian.

No offense, but you seem really lost in the sauce. Sorry for the lack of manners, but I'm American.

You ask why I think that? It's no secret that the chronicles of Hitman are not chronological. That's how I come to the conclusion that the 2nd game is actually the last chronologically. I even included the dialogue from the 2nd game as evidence that one took place after another.

You must be a troll, or just my cowardly, hypocritical arch nemesis mcescher1.

The Hitman games follow chronologically (with the exception of Contracts). C:47 was different from Contracts. C:47 had you play as 47 when he broke out of the asylum the first time. Then he goes on to kill all of the people that contributed to his DNA.

Contracts takes place immediately after the Curtains Down mission in BM, but the flashbacks replay older missions from C:47.

Two missions, Meat King's Party and Beldingford Manor, take place after the final mission in Silent Assassin but before Curtain's Down, so I'm sure Silent Assassin isn't the final game. Absolution is the final game in the chronology.

The events of BM are dated, as well as the events in C:47. I don't have Silent Assassin installed at this time, but it's worth a check to see if the missions are dated to confirm.

after Diana poisons him and leaves him for dead, 47 would need a very good reason to work for the ICA again, and that reason was Father Vitorrio, on top of that, 47 was now altruistic and vulnerable. Diana betraying and poisoning 47 with the fake death serum was the reason he left the agency and turned to God.
    47 turned to faith after the events of C:47. His story is practically over at that point; he killed the man who created him and made enough money from the previous hits that Ort-Meyer ordered. The reason he goes back to contract work is because of Father Vittorio. 47 getting poisoned is way after the events of Silent Assassin.
    signature image

Yep, Sheperd beat me to the punch.
    But ultimately you'll have to look at the timeline given. I have this vague memory of seeing something about the year 2001 in SA. Not sure, I'll have to replay it to see, google isn't helping. But in any case, while I'm not saying it isn't possible, the argument that "they did it before, so they were always doing" is pretty weak.

And as I explained about your "proof". Contracts is one and all Flashbacks. BM's ending is without shadow of doubt after Contracts. So unless 47 met Ling for the first time in BM (he didn't), you cannot point out the chronology with just her backstory.

First off, never mind Absolution.

...Two missions, Meat King's Party and Beldingford Manor, take place after the final mission in Silent Assassin but before Curtain's Down, so I'm sure Silent Assassin isn't the final game. Absolution is the final game in the chronology.
    Please elaborate. Having never played Codename: 47, I do not have any context for what you're talking about.

The events of BM are dated, as well as the events in C:47. I don't have Silent Assassin installed at this time, but it's worth a check to see if the missions are dated to confirm.
    Dude, 47's friend is kidnapped, forcing him to embark on several missions with his former employer, leading up to a showdown with his friend's captors. It doesn't get more straightforward than that.

47 turned to faith after the events of C:47. His story is practically over at that point; he killed the man who created him and made enough money from the previous hits that Ort-Meyer ordered. The reason he goes back to contract work is because of Father Vittorio. 47 getting poisoned is way after the events of Silent Assassin.
    Ugh, I just watched the ending to Codename: 47. He snaps the old geezer's neck right before the rolling of the credits. I also want to point something else out. Diana was in Codename: 47. So this detachment from the agency in this particular game is a fallacy. You have yet to furnish any evidence that Blood Money takes place after Silent Assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_69 View Post
    I just realized that Hitman: Silent Assassin was the last game, chronologically. In the mission Shogun Showdown, 47 rescues that asian girl for the second time. Which means that Contracts took place before Silent Assassin, somewhere within Blood Money, which was preeminent to everything else.

If Hitman 6 carries on the story after Silent Assassin, this means that 47 has already been stabbed in the back by Diana, and the agency had already fallen apart long ago. After 47 rescues the pope, he's no longer conflicted, and returns back to the life, colder and more cynical than ever before. I think this is 47 at his best. But would he return to the agency after being stabbed in the back is the question. And what would his relationship with Diana be if he did?

I don't think we need to go back in time anymore. To me, 47 is in his prime when leaving the Gontranno Sanctuary for the last time. He's older, wiser and more experienced.

Any thoughts?
    ??? Why do you think SA is after BM chronogically?
    Edit: Ok, i already read this 'evidences'. Do you think SA is after Absolution too?
    Last edited by kewlak; 10-17-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kewlak View Post
    ??? Why do you think SA is after BM chronogically?
    I have deductive reasoning.

I have deductive reasoning.
    Here's my reasoning:

I think most of you knows from what Hitman title (with date!) is that screen.

Edit: I admit that it was hard to find any date in this game. Even footages (except this one) haven't any traces in what time exactly H2 takes place.

Please elaborate. Having never played Codename: 47, I do not have any context for what you're talking about.
    This isn't a reference to C:47. I'm saying the two missions in Contracts (Meat King's Party and Beldingford Manor) are not flashbacks so they occurred in the time after the end of Silent Assassin but before the first mission of BM (this is "missing" time where we don't know what 47 was up to).

Dude, 47's friend is kidnapped, forcing him to embark on several missions with his former employer, leading up to a showdown with his friend's captors. It doesn't get more straightforward than that.
    I think you misread my statement; that response doesn't seem like it fits with what I said. By "dated" I mean timestamped i.e. the missions/cutscenes have a clear date on them. Kewlak just provided you evidence that the missions in Silent Assassin do indeed take place before Blood Money. Silent Assassin unfortunately does not do a good job of dating the missions, but Kewlak did some nice detective work.

The events of BM take place during 2004/2005 and those Japanese missions are in 2002.
    signature image

I'm saying the two missions in Contracts (Meat King's Party and Beldingford Manor) are not flashbacks so they occurred in the time after the end of Silent Assassin but before the first mission of BM (this is "missing" time where we don't know what 47 was up to).
    Um, yes they are. All of Contracts' missions are flashbacks except Hunter & Hunted, so all we know about those 2 missions is that they took place before H&H (and therefore before Curtains Down-> in BM). How can you surely place them after the end of SA?

Quote Originally Posted by kewlak View Post
    Here's my reasoning:

I think most of you knows from what Hitman title (with date!) is that screen.

Edit: I admit that it was hard to find any date in this game. Even footages (except this one) haven't any traces in what time exactly H2 takes place.
    Yeah, you're right, kewlak. So the dialogue between 47 and the girl doesn't make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Aybroe View Post
    Um, yes they are. All of Contracts' missions are flashbacks except Hunter & Hunted, so all we know about those 2 missions is that they took place before H&H (and therefore before Curtains Down-> in BM). How can you surely place them after the end of SA?
    Oh shoot...I meant they aren't remakes.

Beld. Manor and Meat King are not in between C:47 and SA obviously because 47 stopped doing contract work at the end of C:47. Those missions most likely were not during the events of SA as the game had clear and focused chain of events. That leads me to believe that the two missions occurred during the time when 47's whereabouts are unknown, namely the time in between SA and BM.
    signature image

Yeah, you're right, kewlak. So the dialogue between 47 and the girl doesn't make much sense.
    ? what do you mean? I thought you agreed that 47 met the girl for the second time in Silent assassin.
    "....#1, I know Lee Hong in Contracts was a flashback. I made that clear in my last post."

Since the meeting in Contracts and C47 are the same, all dialogue make sense.
    ".....No offense, but you seem really lost in the sauce...."

-Quotes taken from your post-

In any case, I'm glad that's pretty much rectified, SA took place before the events in Contracts and BM.
    I also think its a stretch to place the meat King party and Beldingford after SA. While it is possible, it could have also taken place after C47 and before SA.

Oh shoot...I meant they aren't remakes.

Beld. Manor and Meat King are not in between C:47 and SA obviously because 47 stopped doing contract work at the end of C:47.
    He did? All I can remember is he killing Ort-Meyer and no indications of him stopping working for the ICA immediately. That would seem another point in time that seems possible to me in addition to the time between SA and BM. And in C47 there was also a full "blank" year between the escape from the asylum and Kowloon Triads in Gang War.

Those missions most likely were not during the events of SA as the game had clear and focused chain of events.
    True. I wouldn't place any non-SA missions to the SA timeline either.

That leads me to believe that the two missions occurred during the time when 47's whereabouts are unknown, namely the time in between SA and BM.
    This logic is valid if 47 indeed stopped working for ICA immediately after assassinating Ort-Meyer. I can't remember a clear indication of this in the end of C47 or the beginning of SA. I stand corrected if evidence is presented.

Quote Originally Posted by Aybroe View Post
    This logic is valid if 47 indeed stopped working for ICA immediately after assassinating Ort-Meyer. I can't remember a clear indication of this in the end of C47 or the beginning of SA. I stand corrected if evidence is presented.
    I think there's no clear indication about this. Player can only suppose that 47 turn to God RIGHT after kill OrtMeyer. After all he killed his father, so it could be the most traumatic event (he's emotionless - i know, but still) that led him right to stop killing.
    Last edited by kewlak; 10-18-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast