Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Theory about Hitman 6

Quote Originally Posted by Aybroe View Post
    He did? All I can remember is he killing Ort-Meyer and no indications of him stopping working for the ICA immediately. That would seem another point in time that seems possible to me in addition to the time between SA and BM. And in C47 there was also a full "blank" year between the escape from the asylum and Kowloon Triads in Gang War.
    Ok, there are obviously some holes in the timeline I wasn't aware about, so all of this is speculation.

First off, regarding the "blank year" in between the Asylum escape and Hong Kong: the mission briefing from the ICA states twice that the Kowloon mission is your first. Therefore I do not think Beld. Manor or Meat King took place during this time.

At the beginning of SA, we see the two guys (forgot their names) go to the Asylum and find the bodies of the staff/patients. Unless those bodies decay at an extremely slow rate, I think that the intro of SA took place close to the end of C:47. If you believe this, then that means there was a lengthy amount of time between the intro cutscene of SA and the cutscene of 47 in the garden in Sicily (because Asylum Aftermath mission happened in 2000). Could Beld. Manor and Meat King happen in this time period? Maybe, but it doesn't make much sense to me. What would be the reason for 47 to turn to religion if he hadn't stopped at the end of C:47? I think the killing of his creator -- and, hence, a want to believe in a new creator -- is a better catalyst for change than abruptly deciding to put away his guns for a quiet life.

I think we can all agree that SA occurred in its entirety without being interrupted.

What's left is the time in between SA and BM. To me, this is the most probable time for 47 to do Beld. Manor and Meat King because we know 47 went back to contract work. We also know that in the briefing of Meat King, Diana says "it's good to work with you again". Perhaps this is referring to 47's decision to return to steady contract work? Again, maybe. I don't have any concrete evidence to back this up...it's just a feeling. Ultimately, until someone from IO clears this up, we can only have theories.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post
    First off, regarding the "blank year" in between the Asylum escape and Hong Kong: the mission briefing from the ICA states twice that the Kowloon mission is your first. Therefore I do not think Beld. Manor or Meat King took place during this time.
    Ah. Didn't remember reading that one. So that one's out then.

At the beginning of SA, we see the two guys (forgot their names) go to the Asylum and find the bodies of the staff/patients. Unless those bodies decay at an extremely slow rate, I think that the intro of SA took place close to the end of C:47.
    I see a fault in this one. Sergei and "mystery man", as many Hitman-fans call him, are watching a surveillance tape from the time 47 took care of Ort-Meyer. They physically weren't there in Romania, they were just watching 47 taking care of guards through a security camera. So basically we have no idea how close C47's ending really is to SA:s beginning.

If you believe this, then that means there was a lengthy amount of time between the intro cutscene of SA and the cutscene of 47 in the garden in Sicily (because Asylum Aftermath mission happened in 2000). Could Beld. Manor and Meat King happen in this time period? Maybe, but it doesn't make much sense to me.
    No, I don't think so either. There was probably not much time between the opening scene and Sicily. I think they were taking place quite simultaneously.

What would be the reason for 47 to turn to religion if he hadn't stopped at the end of C:47? I think the killing of his creator -- and, hence, a want to believe in a new creator -- is a better catalyst for change than abruptly deciding to put away his guns for a quiet life.
    This is the strongest point, which also kewlak presented a bit before you. However he could've just gone back to working for ICA, completing various assignments after which he gets frustrated of his "meaningless and evil" life and finally retreats to Sicily to live a cleaner life. I mean, killing your own creator is quite a kick towards quitting but I think this theory is plausible aswell. Pure speculation, of course.

What's left is the time in between SA and BM. To me, this is the most probable time for 47 to do Beld. Manor and Meat King because we know 47 went back to contract work. We also know that in the briefing of Meat King, Diana says "it's good to work with you again". Perhaps this is referring to 47's decision to return to steady contract work? Again, maybe. I don't have any concrete evidence to back this up...it's just a feeling. Ultimately, until someone from IO clears this up, we can only have theories.
    Well, 47 did work for the ICA in exchange for information about Vittorio in SA, so that "working with you again" is kind of a strange comment. But then again it could mean that he's _again_ officially back doing contracts for ICA. Or it could just be a friendly everyday comment. I don't know!

I do agree that the time between SA and BM does seem the most logical (because of the shock of killing your own creator and retiring -theory) but I like to speculate Especially now when we don't really have any new info regarding H6 to talk about.

I see a fault in this one. Sergei and "mystery man", as many Hitman-fans call him, are watching a surveillance tape from the time 47 took care of Ort-Meyer. They physically weren't there in Romania, they were just watching 47 taking care of guards through a security camera. So basically we have no idea how close C47's ending really is to SA:s beginning.
    They were in Romania. You can see the two at the front gates of the asylum, then you see one of them moving a dead body off a table. Here is the cutscene. Go to the 2:14 mark and you'll see. This is significant as it places the cutscene very close to the end of C:47.

Well, 47 did work for the ICA in exchange for information about Vittorio in SA, so that "working with you again" is kind of a strange comment. But then again it could mean that he's _again_ officially back doing contracts for ICA. Or it could just be a friendly everyday comment. I don't know!
    It's a weak point, I know.
    signature image

They were in Romania. You can see the two at the front gates of the asylum, then you see one of them moving a dead body off a table. Here is the cutscene. Go to the 2:14 mark and you'll see. This is significant as it places the cutscene very close to the end of C:47.
    Well I'll be damned. I remembered them only watching the tapes, not them entering the asylum! And the one body shown in present-time (the dude in the chair) did seem quite fresh, but I don't think that's a very strong indicator of the time passed. Probably just one thing the developers didn't think about. Especially because in around three and a half minutes in the video the "mystery man" says that he hasn't heard reports about 47's activities in a long time. For all he knows 47 could be dead. That would indicate that alot of time has passed since the events at the asylum.

Edit: I think we're over-analyzing this.

Well I'll be damned. I remembered them only watching the tapes, not them entering the asylum! And the one body shown in present-time (the dude in the chair) did seem quite fresh, but I don't think that's a very strong indicator of the time passed. Probably just one thing the developers didn't think about. Especially because in around three and a half minutes in the video the "mystery man" says that he hasn't heard reports about 47's activities in a long time. For all he knows 47 could be dead. That would indicate that alot of time has passed since the events at the asylum.
    There are definitely lots of contradictions in the series, this being just one.

Anyway...we need H6 news.
    signature image

Timeline:

Codename: 47 >> Silent Assassin >> Blood Money (with Contracts happening during the Opera portion).

I thought Silent Assassin was last because of the girl, forgetting that Lee Hong was a flashback from Codename: 47.

Beldingford Manor and Meat King's Party fit somewhere during Blood Money (or even before), as 47's career was vaguely chronicled, focused on his capture by the guy in the wheelchair.

I don't know whether IO is taking the story as seriously, but it kinda begs a question about Hitman 6. When will it take place? There was plenty of room left to fill during the events of Blood Money. I just doubt 47 will return to the agency after having been betrayed the way he was. I couldn't imagine H6 without Diana.

You're right, Shephard. We need more news.
    Last edited by Agent_69; 10-18-2014 at 02:20 PM.

As I said in another thread, there's something I wanted to throw out there. I'll just copy and paste it here, since I don't want to highjack his thread :P

How little do we actually know of 47. All we know is how he handles business. But everything else is a mystery. In SA, we learn that he chose to lead his own way of life, choosing his own justice. In Contracts he flatout told Dianna/agency to get their s*** together or he'll find another contractor. In BM he most likely went to another contractor as he warned. Absolution is the closest we've ever been to 47. He was still cold and calculating, but shows that the past still haunts him to some degree.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12