Thread: Issue with a 360 Controller

Question Issue with a 360 Controller

Hello,

I know this is bit of a long shot, as the last message in this forum was four years ago, but as the official forum for Rogue Trooper I thought I should try.

OK, I'm using an Microsoft Xbox 360 controller for Windows (and a Saitek P3200, which act as another 360 controller) and all software and drivers are up-to-date. My issue is that the trigger buttons of the controller can not be mapped to commands in-game.

I recently purchased the Steam version of Rogue Trooper and is also as up-to-date as Steam will allow. I'm also running the most recent version of DirectX.

Any suggestions?

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander Eidos Moderator

Sorry for the delay. I am not too familiar with this game. I am more of a Battlestations guy but I did find this which also lists the issue you are having. No promises but you can try this download.

http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/pc-c.../rogue-trooper

Please let us know if it helps.

So let me get this straight; I'm expected to pay ($19.99) to a third-party (which happens to be on my "do not ever use" list) to be able to get one of your games (5.99) to work correctly?
    I could understand this if the game was no longer being sold, but this game is being sold on Steam, so your company is earning money from it's sales, and so you should be providing support, and not using third-party software to do your jobs for you.
    Since posting that this was a dead forum (funny how quickly ya replied after I put that up), I have already paid for a PS2 adapter ($1.49), so I will be having to wait for that.

I'm sorry if this comes across as me being very angry, but that is the emotional state that your response put me in, I even expect Electronic Arts to respond quicker and be more useful than this.

Like I said, I am more of a Battlestations guy

I did not see your original post but I did see the secondary thread and I thought I would pop in and try and help. I did not see a price listed and only saw the tag for free download. I thought this could help. I do know where you are coming from though in regards to having a do not download list.

I will continue to check and see if there is a work around or patch that I may not be aware of.

Also did you try emailing support?
    Last edited by chip5541; 10-06-2014 at 11:31 PM.

Doing some research I was unable to locate any patches. What looks like is that it is a driver issue and that game supports a gamepad but not the 360 controller. This would also explain why 3rd party companies release programs like the one I linked to above.

Sorry, I couldn't be of more help.