Thread: Cleaning up blood?

Lightbulb Cleaning up blood?

On some levels in Absolution I use a knife on accident rather than subduing some non-targets, which caused the cops to notice blood on the floor so I had to sneak away as they searched the room before breaking out into dance (this happened in the Shangri-la level of course). I almost got caught and this could've made me have lose points or restart the level since I wouldn't get the challenge done if I just killed all the cops in a firefight.

I think that unless its a level like Escape The Library where there is no target and nobody would actually go there unless they were looking for 47, most levels should have some sort of janitors closet or just a random room where people keep a mop. The mop of course would make it harder for 47 to use his usual tools since he would have to drop the mop now with the lack of magic pockets, making it a little less powerful since having to drop the mop and then throwing a bottle or whatever to distract guards like you normally would wouldn't be able to happen in some cases since the guards would be in a different part of their patrol cycle than they would be if you just went through without a mop.

Just an idea, I'd love to hear what you guys think!

( and yes the only hitman game i've played is absolution, please dont hurt me )

by request:

coma coma,,

Quote Originally Posted by Arhops View Post
    On some levels in Absolution I use a knife on accident rather than subduing some non-targets, which caused the cops to notice blood on the floor so I had to sneak away as they searched the room before breaking out into dance (this happened in the Shangri-la level of course). I almost got caught and this could've made me have lose points or restart the level since I wouldn't get the challenge done if I just killed all the cops in a firefight.

I think that unless its a level like Escape The Library where there is no target and nobody would actually go there unless they were looking for 47, most levels should have some sort of janitors closet or just a random room where people keep a mop. The mop of course would make it harder for 47 to use his usual tools since he would have to drop the mop now with the lack of magic pockets, making it a little less powerful since having to drop the mop and then throwing a bottle or whatever to distract guards like you normally would wouldn't be able to happen in some cases since the guards would be in a different part of their patrol cycle than they would be if you just went through without a mop.

Just an idea, I'd love to hear what you guys think!

by request:

coma coma,,
    Your run-on sentences almost gave me a seizure.

I agree with you, but if your worried about being ripped apart by our community, you now have a second strike for bringing up the mop. You're asking too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_69 View Post
    Your run-on sentences almost gave me a seizure.

I agree with you, but if your worried about being ripped apart by our community, you now have a second strike for bringing up the mop. You're asking too much.
    It doesn't have to be a mop of course, heck I don't care if 47 just steps all over it and it magically disappears or just pulls out a handkerchief from his suit that can clean it up . The point is I just want a way to get rid of blood.

Yeah, I brought up this idea a long time ago. I was responded to with boos and tomatoes thrown. You've seen assassins in movies that have gotten in sticky situations and need to rinse down the crime scene a little, and even in mob movies. In the business of murder you'll sometimes find yourself in a sticky situation and it's those little moments like wiping up blood that make all the difference. I suggested a few static scenarios where 47 was forced to put someone down fast and you had to mop up the blood quick before someone arrived, you know, to change the pace. Not as a main feature of the game.

But you need to keep things simple on this forum, lest the community tears you apart.

I'm not sure that I would particularly want this feature -- consequences are a significant part of the gameplay in Hitman -- but I think it's an interesting idea. The mop idea conveys the element of improvisation, but I think it would feel a little silly in a Hitman game. We're supposed to be playing as a renowned, mythological professional assassin, not someone with a PhD in 14th Century English Poetry. Maybe if one of the gadgets you could buy was a compact emergency clean-up kit. This could include one spray solution to erase the color of the blood, one spray solution to sterilize the blood and break down the DNA (to remove evidence, because science-fiction), and one super absorbant cloth to dry the surface. Limit: 1 use per kit/level.

Do yourself a favor and pick up the Hitman HD Trilogy stat!

Personally I think that 47 doesn't have enough time to grab a mop and wipe up a crime scene so maybe if you make a mess you might have to deal with the consequences..like in blood money if you shot someone and wanted to drag them from plain sight..it would leave blood marks.

Shame on you..

Hitman is about killing people in memorable ways. Somehow I think washing blood off floors would kinda dilute experiences like that.

Just my two cents.

@Arhops
    Not a bad idea really. Granted with a mop you either have to sneak across the map or be disguised as a janitor. Also a one time use cleanup kit would be a good idea. As long as it can only clear up puddles of blood and not entire trails (I really hope blood trails return). Only a mop can clear entire blood trails.
    So I don't see it as a bad idea, as long as it doesn't become a gimmick, where a player goes through an entire level with a mop and kills everyone. I think the mop should also have a max use like the kit. After X amount of blood you can't use it anymore.
    Now this doesn't fit the general view people have on 47. So I myself will most likely never use it. But I don't see why not have this option.
    I mean till this day there are people playing hitman games and going through levels with shotguns and machine guns killing everything. This is definately outside of 47's character, so should we remove that option since its not what most find is within the cannon? No, of course not, everyone is entitled to play however they want. So having this option shouldn't affect anyone who won't use it just as people who will never mow down streets of people as 47.

Smile

It doesn't have to be a mop of course, heck I don't care if 47 just steps all over it and it magically disappears or just pulls out a handkerchief from his suit that can clean it up . The point is I just want a way to get rid of blood.
    I think a mop would be a great accessory such as choosing between a mop and a rifle, could also make for a good preorder bonus to have hitman themed mop very italian looking with alot of elegant silver handwork.

This would allow for more strategical planning which many fans enjoyed in past games when planning a loadout.

And the Collector's Edition will come with a real, functional Hitman-themed mop!

Is it a bad thing that the more I think on it, the more out of place it feels.
    I don't think a hitman should have time to clean up anything. He goes in, kills who needs to be killed, leaving behind a trail of blood. Or Go in and only kill the target, silently. Either way, its up to the ones that hired him to clear up all the mess. Like in Blood money the suit retrieval people.
    But I do applaud those thinking up new ideas and I can't say having this option will deter me from playing. I won't use it. I'll just get really angry if I see a youtube vid with someone making 47 look like a janitor lol.

While the idea is sound, it's just one of those things that would obstruct gameplay. You have to take game design into account when thinking up stuff like this. How will it affect the game, positively or badly? I think this would quickly become a nusience to the player. Always having to clean? No, I say deduct from the total earnings when a hit gets messy. This was the way of Hitman Codename 47. After all the Agency has to send in the cleaners, and this should come out of 47's pay.

I don't think anybody is saying that you would have to clean up a mess -- just that it would be a neat option. The only "have to" would be that you would have to clean up a mess if you created one and you wanted to still attain a higher rating.

I could see myself having some fun with this, as well. Create a bloody mess, wait for a civilian to find it then run off, clean it up really quick, then watch the guards come to investigate the scene only to find it clean. Or kill your target quickly and messily during a brief window of time when you have a good shot, then clean it up before anybody finds out.

I agree that this would feel a touch out of place, but I like the idea of having it as an option. I still think that having a single-use clean-up kit would fit better than using a mop. I think the mop would only really fit if they were aiming to make all environmental items usable.

I probably wouldn't use it that much and would ask IOI to focus on core elements of the game first, but it's still a neat idea.

While I also agreed the idea was neat, I still think it would become somewhat mandatory in order to achieve SA. If you add too much micromanaging to a game it will become a nusience more often than not.

Still I'm not disagreeing that the concept is rather interesting.

A cloth and special cleaning product I'm a little case would be a good accessory to buy, and cleaning it being him kneeling down and taking similar time to pick a lock, meaning timing important.

While I think the mop is a step too far, I think the idea of a cleaning kit is interesting. But why not take it further than just cleaning blood? I'm thinking an optional kit or or toolset that allowed you to doctor murder scenes to change/confuse the apparent cause of death, something that might involve removing blood, perhaps to create fake suicides or frame someone else. I think this could add an extra layer of thought to the whole 'accidents' concept.