Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42

Thread: if rise of tomb raider come to PC but not PS4

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default if rise of tomb raider come to PC but not PS4

    like the title say ,if rise of tomb raider come to PC but not PS4 ,is that still a big deal? Playstation owners can still play it on PC which should be fine for everyone. I'm saying this becasue XBOX exclusive games such as Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3 will come to PC as well now.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croftwannbe View Post
    Playstation owners can still play it on PC which should be fine for everyone.
    Huh? How can PS gamers play it on PC if they don't have a (suitable) gaming PC?

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    295

    Default

    You say that because you own a PC right? I own a PC as well , but what about the others?? Those who do not own a PC??? Would it be unfair for them?? I strongly advocate that ROTTR come out on BOTH PC and PS4 . Why should PS4 players deprive of such a wonderful game? When you say ''everyone'' , I think you mean '' It's OK since I have a PC''
    "Death by irony is always painful...amateurs" ~ Lara Croft 2006

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croftwannbe View Post
    like the title say ,if rise of tomb raider come to PC but not PS4 ,is that still a big deal? Playstation owners can still play it on PC which should be fine for everyone. I'm saying this becasue XBOX exclusive games such as Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3 will come to PC as well now.
    It's a matter of justice so of course it would be big deal. PC is also a platform. Are you ok with TR being exclusive for any platform? No?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bournemouth, UK
    Posts
    5,325

    Default

    It'll still be a pretty bit hit to sales if they don't release on PS4.
    I for one won't be able to get a top-notch PC to play Rise, however a PS4 I will.
    I mean, I'm getting it on 360 anyway, but in terms of the new consoles, especially so close to the start of their releases, skipping an entire platform would be moderately damaging to not only SE but also Sony

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    It'll still be a pretty bit hit to sales if they don't release on PS4.
    I for one won't be able to get a top-notch PC to play Rise, however a PS4 I will.
    I mean, I'm getting it on 360 anyway, but in terms of the new consoles, especially so close to the start of their releases, skipping an entire platform would be moderately damaging to not only SE but also Sony
    ^^ Yep!
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

  7. #7

    Default

    Of course it's still a big deal.

    I'm a PC gamer myself, but I don't want my fellow fans who happen to prefer PS to go without, any more than I would want XBox fans to go without.

    TR has always been a multi-platform game (PC & PS originally, then growing), has fans on all three platforms, and should be released on all three platforms. The new game is also a sequel to a game that was released on all three platforms, which makes any exclusion worse. That is my only opinion on the matter, and it will not change.
    signature image

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    290

    Default

    I understand that some people assume that a PC version fixes all, because pretty much all own a PC. Except for the fact not everyone own a proper PC.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,466

    Default

    a lot of people have a pc, but how many of them do actually have a power house to play games on it?
    so yes, i see this as a problem.
    signature image

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Wii U version or bust
    signature image

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    The fact that people think they need a top of the line PC to play games, though...

    There's PC gamers who run on Integrated graphics sets and can deal with it. Y'all don't need to shell a penny out if you weren't scammed when you bought your PC (meaning that you didn't overpay for a potato). I lasted with a 7 year old system, It became difficult to player modern titles, but I could still play them nonetheless. I'm pretty sure if you have a recent system you'll be fine. You only need enthusiast machines to max out games with REALLY high resolutions and graphic settings. Y'all don't need that if you're used to console experiences, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bournemouth, UK
    Posts
    5,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    I'm pretty sure if you have a recent system you'll be fine. You only need enthusiast machines to max out games with REALLY high resolutions and graphic settings. Y'all don't need that if you're used to console experiences, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
    Nope, the laptop I'm currently using is less than a year old and it can't run Sims 4 on min spec, so yeah, false. Also, low blow, but a console experience is the best a console can handle, there's no deviating between two of the same console; meaning at least all console players get the same experience.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Yes. Yes it is a big deal.
    signature image
    https://twitter.com/damiandee1230

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    3,455

    Default

    Of course it's still a big deal.
    signature image

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    Nope, the laptop I'm currently using is less than a year old and it can't run Sims 4 on min spec, so yeah, false. Also, low blow, but a console experience is the best a console can handle, there's no deviating between two of the same console; meaning at least all console players get the same experience.
    I should have clarified in my first post that I was thinking of desktops (since laptops aren't popular for gaming by comparison), I read that you're off to Uni soon so obviously you may not be able to just take a desktop with you as laptops are more suitable due to their portability () but my point still has a lot of validity. Consoles do guarantee the same experience as each other, but the game is still playable on a variety of different PC's if the PC port is good and Nixxes always does a good job! Infact TR2013 runs better on people's PCs than The Sims 3, tbh. Nixxes continues slaying!

    Anyway, point is that if you have a moderate desktop machine at home or somewhere, you can likely still play the game.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croftwannbe View Post
    like the title say ,if rise of tomb raider come to PC but not PS4 ,is that still a big deal? Playstation owners can still play it on PC which should be fine for everyone. I'm saying this becasue XBOX exclusive games such as Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3 will come to PC as well now.
    It's better than just on Xbox only as I would probably get the game then but it is still a big deal. TR has had such a heritage on PS consoles and so has built such a fanbase there that it is still wrong if the game doesn't come to PS3 or PS4.
    signature image

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bournemouth, UK
    Posts
    5,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    I should have clarified in my first post that I was thinking of desktops (since laptops aren't popular for gaming by comparison), I read that you're off to Uni soon so obviously you may not be able to just take a desktop with you as laptops are more suitable due to their portability () but my point still has a lot of validity...
    Yes, you should have
    I could take a desktop, my accommodation provides the space needed for one (a desk) - I just don't have one and even a basic desktop is more than I can afford at this time #StudentLife

    I agree with your statement and PC games still being playable though, however the example you provide just shows how iffy PC games can be

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    The fact that people think they need a top of the line PC to play games, though...
    Take your patronizing attitude and move along Ma chere, you make ze place look elitist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    There's PC gamers who run on Integrated graphics sets and can deal with it. Y'all don't need to shell a penny out if you weren't scammed when you bought your PC
    Wow, such ignorance.

    Guess what, there are 4 PCs in our household, and NONE of them were able to even run TR9, let alone TR10.

    But I guess Nixxes "continuously slaying" will somehow magically make it able to run an even never game on a PC that wasn't able to run the last game, right? RIGHT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    I lasted with a 7 year old system, It became difficult to player modern titles, but I could still play them nonetheless.
    PS3 is 8 years old now and I have NO difficulty playing modern titles released on PS3. Xbox 360 is even 9 years old and still going strong.

    Once again, the "PCs lasts longer" myth busted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    I'm pretty sure if you have a recent system you'll be fine.
    Wrong. I'm not able to run TR10 on any of our PCs. And with me, many others.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    You only need enthusiast machines to max out games with REALLY high resolutions and graphic settings.
    Straw man argument. No one is complaining because they won't be able to max out resolution and graphic settings.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    Y'all don't need that if you're used to console experiences, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
    Again, ignorance. You can't do a 1:1 comparison of PC graphics and console graphics. Often times you need a higher resolution and a more powerful GPU to have the same experience on a PC than you do with a console.

    Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    Nope, the laptop I'm currently using is less than a year old and it can't run Sims 4 on min spec, so yeah, false.
    And this right here crushes weeman's argument. A 1 year old laptop PC that can't run a modern game.

    Yes, we soooooo need a multi console release. Xbox + PC only is not going to cut it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    (since laptops aren't popular for gaming by comparison)
    Plenty of people game on a laptop PC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    I read that you're off to Uni soon so obviously you may not be able to just take a desktop with you as laptops are more suitable due to their portability ()
    Plenty of people use desktop PCs at uni.

    ()? Your whole argument was about desktop PCs and now you're razzing ABH for the fact that..... laptops are more portable? Wut

    Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    but my point still has a lot of validity.
    Your point has NO validity, if you have to backpaddle this much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    Anyway, point is that if you have a moderate desktop machine at home or somewhere, you can likely still play the game.
    Yeah, and if people can't play the game because their PCs at home aren't powerful / up-to-date enough, they can still likely play the game at work. Offices usually have the latest hardware. Trust me, I'm an expert!

    Man, I don't get what people are complaining about a no PS release for - where there's a will, there's always a way! #PCmasterRace

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    The fact that people think they need a top of the line PC to play games, though...
    Just saying but:

    My old laptop


    My newer 'gaming laptop'


    As you can see, the first one didn't really capture it. So yeah...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hessen, Germany
    Posts
    523

    Default

    No one cares about WiiU!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hessen, Germany
    Posts
    523

    Default

    You do not need latest PC, but you do need a decent gaming PC.

    The keyword gaming is critical as there is a world of different in performance between a gaming PC, & a non gaming PC.

    Also, you know, you can also get an Xbox 1. Just saying. Its a game console, not a high end sport car. I know there are people who can't afford (there is still 360, which should be dirt cheap), but I doubt most people here have issue affording an x1 or at least a used 360.

    If you do not want to buy an extra console out of principle, thats your call.

    If you do not want to buy a console to play one game (becuase X1 have no other games....), then it shows you do not like Tomb raider enough, in which it shouldn't matters to you.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiadaw View Post
    Also, you know, you can also get an Xbox 1. Just saying. Its a game console, not a high end sport car. I know there are people who can't afford (there is still 360, which should be dirt cheap), but I doubt most people here have issue affording an x1 or at least a used 360.

    If you do not want to buy an extra console out of principle, thats your call.

    If you do not want to buy a console to play one game (becuase X1 have no other games....), then it shows you do not like Tomb raider enough, in which it shouldn't matters to you.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    River Ridge, LA
    Posts
    1,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiadaw View Post

    If you do not want to buy a console to play one game (becuase X1 have no other games....), then it shows you do not like Tomb raider enough, in which it shouldn't matters to you.
    No disrespect, but that makes it sound like you're trying to guilt trip TR gamers into buying a console they clearly don't want to play a game that should be made readily available to all platforms on release. Perhaps I'm misinterpreting your point, but on the surface that's what it sounds like. Most TR gamers are not going to be sooooo desperate to get RotTR that they feel they have to plunk down another 400 bucks just to play one 60 dollar title.....even if that game means the world to them. Perhaps you could clarify your point a little bit.

    These folk have been waiting for RotTR for....well....I guess ever since the release of TR Reborn. And a majority of them now have to wait two to six months, which for many of them is practically an eternity....especially as they now have to sit in anticipation of wondering how the game is going to do in terms of sales and reviews.


    Also, what if M$ tries its older practice of "ok, the limited exclusivity deal is about to end, but, since we invested all this money into it, the other console releases cannot come with the same bells and whistles as our Xbpne version."? This is something they used to do before, and now, I can't shake this feeling that they'll try to pull it again....which will not only likely compel the TR gamers to not buy an Xbone still, but foster further resentment by the gamers toward Sqeidos/CD for selling out, and abandoning the majority of the TR fan/gamer base.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    954

    Default

    I'm really sorry and I hate feeding into the console wars, but c'mon, really guys? The game has been multiplatform for a long while now, why are we reverting to the old days of exclusivity when there's nothing to benefit? I will not and refuse to pay money for a PC/gaming computer that'll more than likely just get a virus and crash anyways, when I could play on a console specifically designed for playing video games. I honestly will be furious if they make it for PC but not PS, which is a growing fear after our dear Mr. Spencer's comparison to the Dead Rising deal, which has only been confirmed for PC. CD tread lightly here, you're walking on thin ice with an already unstable community that YOU have angered... Make good choices, and treat us all right
    signature image
    https://twitter.com/damiandee1230

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    What do you mean by "the old days of exclusivity", LaraRocks2?

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •