Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: if rise of tomb raider come to PC but not PS4

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    What do you mean by "the old days of exclusivity", LaraRocks2?
    Well, Tomb Raider was once exclusive to Playstation, later for PC (I guess it was a "timed" one as well?) but at the end of the day, it doesn't benefit to be exclusive, unless it is a new IP that 1st party studios develop for consoles, or in the cases similar to Bayonetta where the future was dire, and the ONLY way it could get made would be through being bought out. Tomb Raider wasn't in that boat, it sold fine despite SE's crazy projections. I didn't word things clearly, went on a tiny rant lol
    signature image
    https://twitter.com/damiandee1230

Quote Originally Posted by LaraRocks2 View Post
    Well, Tomb Raider was once exclusive to Playstation
    what about saturn tho
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Eros View Post
    what about saturn tho
    Each subsequent sequel got released on Saturn? Cause I don't recall that. And that's the same as with Rise. A sequél becoming exclusive to a different console. The series has done it before, only difference is that today, people actually take notice and care and get upset. 3rd party exclusivity only hurts us (the gamers, and fans) and if people aren't upset by it they only enable the problem to keep happening in my opinion.
    signature image
    https://twitter.com/damiandee1230

im certainly not getting a console either kiadaw.
    1. no space for it.
    2. i have been a pc gamer for a very, very long time.
    3. i dont like the controller + playing a game like this with a controller.

this has nothing to do with liking the game. everyone here have their principles and preferred platform to play on. and as lord mentioned: not everyone here like to spend money for a different platform.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post

I do not mind a thumbs down, but at least provide some reasons? I think the thumb down is a bit unfriendly without an explaination. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martok View Post
    No disrespect, but that makes it sound like you're trying to guilt trip TR gamers into buying a console they clearly don't want to play a game that should be made readily available to all platforms on release. Perhaps I'm misinterpreting your point, but on the surface that's what it sounds like. Most TR gamers are not going to be sooooo desperate to get RotTR that they feel they have to plunk down another 400 bucks just to play one 60 dollar title.....even if that game means the world to them. Perhaps you could clarify your point a little bit.

These folk have been waiting for RotTR for....well....I guess ever since the release of TR Reborn. And a majority of them now have to wait two to six months, which for many of them is practically an eternity....especially as they now have to sit in anticipation of wondering how the game is going to do in terms of sales and reviews.

Also, what if M$ tries its older practice of "ok, the limited exclusivity deal is about to end, but, since we invested all this money into it, the other console releases cannot come with the same bells and whistles as our Xbpne version."? This is something they used to do before, and now, I can't shake this feeling that they'll try to pull it again....which will not only likely compel the TR gamers to not buy an Xbone still, but foster further resentment by the gamers toward Sqeidos/CD for selling out, and abandoning the majority of the TR fan/gamer base.
    Well, I am not gulity trip gamers into buying an X1 or 360. I never recommended anyone to get an X1. In fact if ask, I will say get a PS4, which in fact I am mention a couple of time to people. I wasn't gonna to get the X1 myself (not at the moment at least). Hope that answer your question.

Non am I happy with the exclusive decision, because like many here, I wished to get in on a non Xbox platform.

What I am saying is that, there is very little people here that cannot play the game out of financial issue.

Like I mentioned before, you can choose not to buy it because of principle or not wanting an extra console, its someone call (I never said it was the wrong call!)

They can also choose to wait for it to arrived later ( which is probably gonning to happen).

As a matter of fact, I am waiting out PC version.

Maybe its not the best way to present it, but my argument is still valid that if you do not mind missing out the game, you probably do not want it hard enough (which is actually ok).

But like I mentioned, it will probably came out on other platform, at the worst just be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    im certainly not getting a console either kiadaw.
    1. no space for it.
    2. i have been a pc gamer for a very, very long time.
    3. i dont like the controller + playing a game like this with a controller.

this has nothing to do with liking the game. everyone here have their principles and preferred platform to play on. and as lord mentioned: not everyone here like to spend money for a different platform.

Fair reasons. I mention everyone have their reasons. I am just saying if anyone absolutely wanted to play Tomb Raider, its possible.

Maybe my very 'direct' answering is feeling like I am lecturing people here or something, but its not. I will be careful with my choice of words in future.

I am a getting a bit nuts over people thinking I am a MS mouthpiece or fanboy, or under their payroll LOL. Just to get it off my chest, I am not any of these. If the game came exclusive to PS4, I would have said the same (replacing MS with Sony, & X1 & 360 with PS3 &4) .
    Last edited by kiadaw; 09-05-2014 at 01:20 AM.

Psst, Kiadaw would you be so kind as to edit those three posts together?

I totally understand what you're saying, but it's really not as simple as just paying for a brand new console, especially one that (fairly) has a bit of a rocky history

yes, your wording did give this impression that we should get a xbone, kiadaw.
    but now you clarified it.
    signature image

yes, your wording did give this impression that we should get a xbone, kiadaw.
    but now you clarified it.
    My bad, I was posting this in office, so I have to be quick, & probably should have reread before posting. I can see how it may give the wrong impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    Psst, Kiadaw would you be so kind as to edit those three posts together?

I totally understand what you're saying, but it's really not as simple as just paying for a brand new console, especially one that (fairly) has a bit of a rocky history
    X1 is train wreak in Germany, considered 360 relative success here, but thats another story. WiiU was actually the second best selling console, with 1 sold for every 6 PS4 sold, just imagine how well X1 must have sold. Make me feel sorry for them (not the decision makers, but the hardworking engineers & stuff that have nothing to do with the price point, low spec & polices)

I have edit my posts, & add them together as requested.

Quote Originally Posted by kiadaw View Post
    X1 is train wreak in Germany, considered 360 relative success here, but thats another story. WiiU was actually the second best selling console, with 1 sold for every 6 PS4 sold, just imagine how well X1 must have sold. Make me feel sorry for them (not the decision makers, but the hardworking engineers & stuff that have nothing to do with the price point, low spec & polices)

I have edit my posts, & add them together as requested.
    Thanks, man (or woman)

Yeah, when you think about all the people behind the scenes, it is a little disheartening to think that all their work is being overshadowed by corporate wishwash
    - But as someone pointed out somewhere, PS4 may be in the lead right now, but new gen is far from being over, things could change drastically down the line

They can also choose to wait for it to arrived later ( which is probably gonning to happen).

As a matter of fact, I am waiting out PC version.

Maybe its not the best way to present it, but my argument is still valid that if you do not mind missing out the game, you probably do not want it hard enough (which is actually ok).
    Ok.....I had a hunch that that is what you actually meant, but I wanted to make sure.

Yeah, I'm not in any great rush or need to get the next Tomb Raider, but I do empathize with those (in the majority with PS or PC platforms) who have waited with bated breath for RotTR.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Well, Tomb Raider was once exclusive to Playstation
    Wikipedia lists the original TR as simultaneous release for PS, PC and Saturn.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martok View Post
    Ok.....I had a hunch that that is what you actually meant, but I wanted to make sure.

Yeah, I'm not in any great rush or need to get the next Tomb Raider, but I do empathize with those (in the majority with PS or PC platforms) who have waited with bated breath for RotTR.
    I am upgrading my PC, or rather buying a new one (keeping existing one), & it will be more powerful than next gen consoles. Not playing the PC master race card, but I need a powerful PC as I have some issue to run Unreal Engine 4 (which I just subscribed this Monday.) smoothly.

I experienced an ego bruising message by Unreal editor that said my frame rates are below 20fps 80% of the time in the last 10 minutes, & will automatic switch to low quality mode or something along this line. LOL. I ran some of the sample projects at the marketplace & they were just slow, choppy.

Not to mentioned development 101, you need a significantly more powerful machine for development than the platform(s) you wanted the game to run on.

So it make sense that I buy ROTR on the PC since for sure it will run the best (visuals). Obviously its a preference thing, but I will definitely use the controller. I have a 360 controller for PC so I am set.

Though a bit selfish admittedly, I am disappointed it was also developed for 360 (possibly PS3). I just hope they ultlise a next gen engine for the next gen & PC versions, otherwise, the game will look dated compare to the other big games coming in 2015 Holidays.

Well, Tomb Raider was once exclusive to Playstation, later for PC (I guess it was a "timed" one as well?) but at the end of the day, it doesn't benefit to be exclusive, unless it is a new IP that 1st party studios develop for consoles, or in the cases similar to Bayonetta where the future was dire, and the ONLY way it could get made would be through being bought out. Tomb Raider wasn't in that boat, it sold fine despite SE's crazy projections. I didn't word things clearly, went on a tiny rant lol
    Thanks for clarifying what you meant.

Ah, we've had this discussion about the exclusivity myth many times, heh. TR was never an "exclusive". See the link EK provided.

Using your line of reasoning, you could also say that TR9 was excluded from Wii/WiiU, since the previous games were released on that console. But it's not as simple as that.

Each subsequent sequel got released on Saturn? Cause I don't recall that. And that's the same as with Rise. A sequél becoming exclusive to a different console. The series has done it before, only difference is that today, people actually take notice and care and get upset. 3rd party exclusivity only hurts us (the gamers, and fans) and if people aren't upset by it they only enable the problem to keep happening in my opinion.
    I don't think you can really compare the Saturn with today's platforms. The Saturn didn't have the same staying power like Nintendo's, Sony's and MS' consoles.

Though a bit selfish admittedly, I am disappointed it was also developed for 360 (possibly PS3). I just hope they ultlise a next gen engine for the next gen & PC versions, otherwise, the game will look dated compare to the other big games coming in 2015 Holidays.
    Don't worry, they will

I do not mind a thumbs down, but at least provide some reasons? I think the thumb down is a bit unfriendly without an explaination. Just saying.
    Sorry, didn't mean to come across as unfriendly. I left only a thumbs down because I thought the objection to what you wrote would be obvious. Plus, I figured that others would respond to your post as well, and voice the same objections I had. Which they did.

But since you clarified what you meant in the meantime, I no longer object to what you wrote Well, apart from the "everyone here can afford to buy an xbox" bit, which is simply not true.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

My bad, I was posting this in office, so I have to be quick, & probably should have reread before posting. I can see how it may give the wrong impressions.
    kein problem. wir alle machen fehler.

know it to well my self when im at work. i type quickly and dont really check what i wrote. i see it later when i get home or when someone points it out. like we did
    signature image

kein problem. wir alle machen fehler.

know it to well my self when im at work. i type quickly and dont really check what i wrote. i see it later when i get home or when someone points it out. like we did
    Google translation? But close enough

Anyway, yap. No biggy.

The released the sequels for pc, there wasn't that much variety lol
    signature image

Tomb Raider has never been a Playstation Exclusive, It was released on PC (DOS) and Playstation at the same time (NA 14/11/96 EU 22/11/96), the Saturn was the first to get it in Europe (25/11/96), it was released in America on the Saturn at the same time as the PC/PS versions. It was the only time a Tomb Raider game was released on the Saturn though. The sequels were released for PC and Playstation at the same time depending on the region.

The only platforms that had exclusive content btw were PC/Mac/360

Tomb Raider: Unfinished Business - PC/Mac
    Tomb Raider II: The Golden Mask - PC/Mac
    Tomb Raider III: The Lost Artifact - PC/Mac
    Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation: The Times Exclusive Bonus Level - PC
    Tomb Raider Underworld: Beneath the Ashes - Xbox 360
    Tomb Raider Underworld: Lara's Shadow - Xbox 360
    signature image

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12