Thread: List of complaints. (Absolution)

Default List of complaints. (Absolution)

I'm sure most people that post threads on here are like me. Youre hoping the team creating the next hitman game reads (and takes in consideration) our rants of constructive criticism to better the game. So lets imagine theyre snooping through thoroughly and for the sake of of hitman I'd like some people to list off what they didn't like about hitman absolution.

-Instinct
    -No customization or loadouts before missions
    -Disguise system
    -Story was mainly about a little girl
    -Characters were comical (what's funny about hitman?)
    -Physics (I'm sure other people notice when you shoot someone in absolution its almost like their body wiggles before they drop dead..mostly headshots)
    -Levels were linear..with checkpoints..

-Levels were not clearly defined and structured with a briefing, start point, target, and exit.
    -lack of targets. As in the above example, every "level" should have at least one target.

I started a thread like this one in which I listed the ways Blood Money was a much better game than Absolution. (In my opinion anyway) Everyone and anyone can add to it. Here is a link,

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=141147

Quote Originally Posted by shwanedangles View Post
    I'm sure most people that post threads on here are like me. Youre hoping the team creating the next hitman game reads (and takes in consideration) our rants of constructive criticism to better the game. So lets imagine theyre snooping through thoroughly and for the sake of of hitman I'd like some people to list off what they didn't like about hitman absolution.

-Instinct
    -No customization or loadouts before missions
    -Disguise system
    -Story was mainly about a little girl
    -Characters were comical (what's funny about hitman?)
    -Physics (I'm sure other people notice when you shoot someone in absolution its almost like their body wiggles before they drop dead..mostly headshots)
    -Levels were linear..with checkpoints..
    I agree with most points (although I think the story was a strong point in absolution), but I think comedy has always played a part in hitman, whether though caricature-like targets (don't tell me there was a serious side to the sheikh in blood money ) or ridiculous disguises. What other game lets you dress as a clown/bird/pizza guy and commit murder?

But as to the negatives in absolution, too many remote/industrial locations, too confined level design and, as a result, not as fun to replay.