Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: I will definitely be getting Alien: Isolation for PS4

I probably logged about 27 hours...with many of those being killed by the Alien, or less savory entities. Yeah, there's a good 20 hours in it.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Oh, wow. It's probably gonna take me just as long (or longer)! Money well spend

Edit
    Asked a friend if she wants to marathon the Alien Trilogy this halloween. She said yes! She hasn't seen them either.
    Last edited by AdeleDazeem; 10-22-2014 at 04:17 AM.

Well then....there ya' go!

Alien is actually a quadriogy, but a lot of folks like to pretend that the fourth movie doesn't even exist....so for some I guess it is a trilogy. (and for some others, Alien series ended with the end of Aliens.)

Quadrilogy is a made up word, it's actually a Tetralogy But yeah, I plan on watching all of them this Halloween too! Ressurection is my fave

Unlike you peepz, I'm too much of a baby to play the game, so I watched an 81 part YT playthrough and I enjoyed it. Anyone think they'll do a sequel?

I'd love another 'Alien' game like this. I haven't finished it yet (only 2 more levels to go!), but I can tell already this is the kind of experience that I will very rarely have with a video game. Actually I'm pretty sure I knew that from the get-go, but t's been re-confirmed several times over. As much as I'd love it tho, at the same time I'd hate to see it end up like the movies: More lackluster as they go on. If it's either stand-alone and keep it's dignity, or have sequel after sequel and become a "tarnished legacy" game, I'd much rather have the stand-alone. I'm pretty sure it won't be the last game for the "Alien" series tho. And I'm sure we'll see space marines again at some point.

It could be cool tho, because like I've said before in various places, but will say again because I really can think of no other way of summing this game up: I have never been this frightened because of a video game before. Not even for 'Silent Hill 2', or 'Dead Space'. And that's saying something.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

I'd ask that SEGA and Creative Assembly resist the urge to turn this into a cash cow. Part of the reason why Isolation succeeds so well is how much reverence it has for the source material. It understands Ridley Scott's movie so thoroughly and is outright committed to recreating it in an interactive context. This isn't a cookie cutter spooky game with Alien trapping; this game understands Alien's soul. The projection of common social issues living on into the future, people trapped in a dire situation, the pure unmitigated horror of the xenomorph XX121 species, the feeling of helplessness you would have in its presence.

It recreated the themes, look, feel, and sounds of the movie so well. This is a true labor of love. Trying to crank these out regularly risks losing that passion.
    signature image
    "@[=g3,8d]\&fbb=-q]/hk%fg"

Reported

^^^ What is?
    signature image

I'm confused, as well.
    signature image

Yeah...just ignore KoolKat.

I've just finished it! Having done so, I can officially call B.S. on all the reviewers who say the game pitters out near the end. It lightens up a tiny bit (for me anyways), but goes full back on near the end. I loved it tho. Every bit. The ending could've been a little longer, but it was something I didn't see coming at all. By this I mean the ending cutscene, not the last level itself.

GREAT game. I couldn't be happier with it

And yesterday, for the first time, I ran into it while I was IN a vent. All those vents I'd traversed without an encounter, and suddenly there it was. I felt exactly how Dallas must've in the flick, and pretty much screamed exactly like Lambert did when it happened to Dallas. And it never broke out the looking under tables trick until almost the end. And when it did that, JEEZUS!

Now I can go out and buy 'The Evil Within'...
    Last edited by WinterSoldier; 10-24-2014 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Added image :)
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    I've just finished it! Having done so, I can officially call B.S. on all the reviewers who say the game pitters out near the end. It lightens up a tiny bit (for me anyways), but goes full back on near the end. I loved it tho. Every bit. The ending could've been a little longer, but it was something I didn't see coming at all. By this I mean the ending cutscene, not the last level itself.

GREAT game. I couldn't be happier with it

And yesterday, for the first time, I ran into it while I was IN a vent. All those vents I'd traversed without an encounter, and suddenly there it was. I felt exactly how Dallas must've in the flick, and pretty much screamed exactly like Lambert did when it happened to Dallas. And it never broke out the looking under tables trick until almost the end. And when it did that, JEEZUS!

Now I can go out and buy 'The Evil Within'...
    Cool pic!

Also, The Evil Within is pretty cool. My roomie is playing it right now. So far, it is a Resident Evil 4 retread, but it is very interesting. I think you might like it, Solider.

Checked out "Survivor Mode" and "Last Survivor" earlier. I like the idea of "Survivor Mode", but I'm not really a competitive player, so besting someone on an online leaderboard just doesn't appeal to me. I dug the map tho. It was fun to explore.

"Last Survivor" is awesome. It's obviously the same gameplay as the main campaign, but the nostalgia factor is what sells it most. I haven't completed it yet, but I'm digging it. It's fairly tricky so far, and I'm sure it won't be any less so. I dig how they changed the skin of the motion tracker to look like the one from the film.

Yeah, it's short so I should have completed it by now, but I'm trophy hunting. Evidently there's a trophy called "100 Times Too Many" which is awarded after being killed by the alien over 100 times. I already know there's no way I'm going to get the platinum for this game ("One Shot" is one I'm not even going to try and fool myself I could do.), so I'm just going for the ones that seem attainable. And I think getting killed by the creature over 100 times is very much so.

2 things I've been thinking would've been cool for this game: 1) A score card at the end, showing your time completion, enemies killed, killed by's, etc., (or did I miss it, Martok?) and 2) a motion sensor ap for smartphones. Would've maybe taken away from some of the tension of the game (which is the selling point), but how cool would it have been to have the motion sensor running on your phone the whole time?

And thanx for the compliment on the pic. It was done in about 5 minutes, and I'm not happy with it. I'm working on a better one.
    signature image

After reading a lot of positive reviews on this game, I finally decided to buy it. I have PS4 and I think the graphics on this game is definitely great. I'm done playing a few of the games I recently bought. I think Alien: Isolation would be a great addition for my collection.

I hope you enjoy it as much as many of us have.
    I think, personal opinion only, that if you love the survival horror genre...then this game is a must-own!

I'm home for a few days so I finally have a chance to play it with surround sound. Holy crap it's intense! It sounds like its crawling all around my apartment when it's in the vents! Great sound design. And it's just as tense as my first playthrough, just not as surprising.
    signature image

I'm going to wait until it goes on offer on Steam before I buy this game (got other games to be playing atm)

It looks really really good

My brother has it on PS3, he has yet to play it so I have no idea what the PS3 version is like XD
    This is not a signature!

The only thing that I took to be possibly different between the ps3 version and others is the cutscenes are kind of jerky sometimes. Other than usual visual flares of the newer consoles. Same game otherwise.
    Last edited by WinterSoldier; 11-02-2014 at 12:38 PM. Reason: wow, typos galore! auto correct doesn't work worth a damn!
    signature image

Ah awesome, was curious as I know for various PS3 games that had been made on PS2 apparently sucked. But I'm guessing the jump and big difference in hardware was to blame for that.
    This is not a signature!

PS4 is patched, so I'm going to pick this up again soon. Still have not finished it.

Also, Hallmark has released all their Christmas tree ornaments this year. I pick up the Spider-Man one every year, but this year they also had the Alien 35th Anniversary ornament:

I absolutely had to pick it up. For now Big Chappy is hanging around on my desk until the tree goes up after Thanksgiving.
    signature image

Oh that thing is sweet! I'm definitely getting one. Wow, PSN just now got back up and running? Damn. Sorry you've been without.

Does anyone else like this game on Facebook? Man, Creative Assembly are great about talking to fans over that. They'very even "liked" comments from fans. Very cool.
    signature image

Oh ho hooooo....that Alien ornament is shaweeeettt!

I hit up Hallmark today looking for one for myself, but they didn't have any So I went to an antique store afterwards and found... a promo poster for "Silent Hill"! For $5! I'd never have gone in there if Hallmark would've had the Alien. The Xeno is the gift that keeps on giving! In a roundabout way...

ADDITIONAL...

Look what I found at the book store last weekend! The start of a new trilogy...

I think "Out of The Shadows" (on the left) is the first part, and the third one comes out next week I believe. Been reading the new TR book, so I've not started in on these yet but I'm excited. I had all of the old series of books way back when, and I thought they were great. Got rid of them years ago though. Were supposed to be on loan, and apparently it became a permanent one without my knowing. Ah well, always E Bay...
    Last edited by WinterSoldier; 11-09-2014 at 06:27 PM. Reason: added the bit about the books
    signature image

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456