Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomb Raider Exclusive for 2 months ?!

Default Tomb Raider Exclusive for 2 months ?!

Hi guys,

Firstly just want to apologise if this has been mentioned before but I haven't seen any details regarding this information, so I thought I'd open a thread to share it on here ..

So my dad is a HGV driver and therefore listens to the radio A LOT whilst driving, and one of the regular shows he listens to is talkSPORT. He is also a tomb raider fan and prefers playstation consoles to xbox, and so we were discussing the new tomb raider exclusivity deal as we were both quite surprised and disappointed. So yesterday whilst at work he was listening to talkSPORT radio at around 2.00 - 3.00 pm and they have a feature on with Michael Underwood who discusses gaming news, and on this feature he was discussing the Tomb Raider exclusivity deal on yesterdays show. I've not heard it myself, but my dad's words were that Michael Underwood said that
    ' Tomb Raider was announced as exclusive to xbox, but it is actually a timed exclusive, and two months later will be released on ALL FORMATS'

I can't find any podcasts of this or news articles, but I figured that may be because it was announced on a sports radio instead of in gaming news, and I have no idea what his sources are or if what he is saying is accurate, but I decided to post this in case anybody else heard the segment on talkSPORT or has any other way of verifying this information.

Sorry if this post is premature and I know I've no evidence to back it up but if anyone could help me find some I'd be grateful as I've no idea where to look, and if it is true I think we can all agree this is pretty big news !

Thanks for reading guys xxx

If this is true then I'm going to do a happy dance!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by ARaider View Post
    Yes! Dance the dance of life!

It would be cool if this is true, but tbh I see more of a 6 month period.

Quote Originally Posted by pidipidi39 View Post
    Yes! Dance the dance of life!
    The dance of life is amazing!
    signature image

Are you sure this wasn't just some speculation from the radio host? I'd love this to be true, but it is easy how he thought 'Holiday 2015' meant just two months (Nov/Dec). Unless this is confirmed, I'm just gonna take this with a pinch of salt. Thanks any way for sharing, LaraCroft04 .

It's not true for one simple reason: it wasn't an official announcement. It was definitely speculation on the radio host's part. I understand some people want to be hopeful, but believing everything you hear, especially from non-reputable sources is a sure-fire way to set yourself up for disappointment.
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

If it ain't official, it ain't true (yet).

I believe Q1 2016 is a realistic release date, tho.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    I believe Q1 2016 is a realistic release date, tho.
    Agreed. It seems like a fair and reasonable assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by ARaider View Post
    Haha me too, here's hoping

Quote Originally Posted by nodq24 View Post
    It would be cool if this is true, but tbh I see more of a 6 month period.
    Yeah I thought the same too, I thought it would be a minimum of 6 months to make the deal worthwhile to Microsoft, but if square have managed to get Microsofts' money and are still able to bring the game to playstation 4 after only a couple of months I have to admit I think they've done a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    Are you sure this wasn't just some speculation from the sport's announcer? I'd love this to be true, but it is easy how he thought 'Holiday 2015' meant just two months (Nov/Dec). Unless this is confirmed, I'm just gonna take this with a pinch of salt. Thanks any way for sharing, LaraCroft04 .
    Hi Rai, this was my concern too but my dad said definitely not, the two sports presenters are Hawsbee and Jacobs, and Micheal Underwood just does the game segment, no sports coverage at all. I then said surely he wouldn't know this information before other games journalists got hold of it ? But my dad just said he's not been wrong before. I definitely understand your scepticism though, I was the same. Just shared incase anybody else had anymore info really

Quote Originally Posted by LaraCroft04 View Post
    I then said surely he wouldn't know this information before other games journalists got hold of it ? But my dad just said he's not been wrong before. I definitely understand your scepticism though, I was the same. Just shared incase anybody else had anymore info really
    I did a search for any updates on the situation and no new information has been posted online, so I'm not sure where that radio personality got his alleged facts; I'm afraid that without a source, it's simply speculation. It would be nice if it were true though.

Speculation based on a prediction of November/December exclusivity I would guess.
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

Speculation based on speculation! We are entering dangerous territory here

It sounds plausible. It could be that the deal isn't that long but Microsoft have told CD not to say anything so it seems like a bigger deal to get people to choose the Xbox version.

I hope hardly any TR fans get swayed in to getting this game for a different console to the one they were intending to or even worse get a new console based on the deal.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    Actually... we're speculating that he's speculating about speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    I did a search for any updates on the situation and no new information has been posted online, so I'm not sure where that radio personality got his alleged facts; I'm afraid that without a source, it's simply speculation. It would be nice if it were true though.
    Thank you for looking, I searched too and couldn't find a thing, which made me think he doesn't have any actual evidence to back this up and it's just an estimation like the rest of us are making, I was hoping somebody might have heard the actual conversation cause like I said I've only heard it second hand

Haha I know sorry, just had to share the information just in case. I really wish someone would come out and confirm what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
    It sounds plausible. It could be that the deal isn't that long but Microsoft have told CD not to say anything so it seems like a bigger deal to get people to choose the Xbox version.

I hope hardly any TR fans get swayed in to getting this game for a different console to the one they were intending to or even worse get a new console based on the deal.
    I think Microsoft would definitely try that haha, and I have to hold my hands up and say unfortunately I am one of the people who decided I'd get an Xbox one when I originally wanted a ps4 because of this announcement. For me I just couldn't wait for my favourite game.

Hahaha too much speculation ! We need confirmation

Quick! Someone tweet michael underwood!

"Uh, so I heard on teh internetz from someone that their dad said that you said RoTTR was a timed exclusive for just two months!!! Is this true or #speculation?

Not awkward at all.

That's 36 characters too long

ABH, you should know me by now. I just don't do short messages.

AHB
    Excuse me?

Well, I don't either, my last 5 tweets were about me eating pizza!

Quick! Someone tweet michael underwood!

"Uh, so I heard on teh internetz from someone that their dad said that you said RoTTR was a timed exclusive for just two months!!! Is this true or #speculation?

Not awkward at all.
    Hahaha, I've just tweeted him, il let you all know if he replies.

P.s I didn't say I heard it from my dad haha

LIES

"I've not heard it myself, but my dad's words were that Michael Underwood said that"

On a side note, how the hell would he even know?

LIES

"I've not heard it myself, but my dad's words were that Michael Underwood said that"

On a side note, how the hell would he even know?
    I have a reason for this, he might be more likely to reply if he thinks I'm a fan of the show haha.

Well that's what I said, I don't see how he could know that and others don't. Surely it would be bigger news if it was true, but he said it as a definitive ' it will be out within 2 months ' not that he assumes it will be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast