Thread: Temple of Osiris will have equipable LOOT

Default Temple of Osiris will have equipable LOOT

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light shared a few passing similarities with Diablo, given its isometric overhead perspective. The upcoming sequel Temple of Osiris will take another step towards the action-RPG with equippable loot.

Game Informer reports that the loot will be doled out at the end of each stage.Each player will be collecting gems, and the one with the most gems will be able to collect more chests than the others. The loot can come as rings to augment individual stats, or necklaces to unlock team-wide abilities. An individual player might stick more with rings, but when playing in a group you'll want to strategize with your team about which necklaces to equip.

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris is due on December 9.
    Sources:

http://www.shacknews.com/article/858...s-to-have-loot

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/la...-elements.aspx

Absolutely love the sound of this! I've always wanted this spin-off series to take more of an RPG route! So excited for this even more and I still plan to pre-order soon!
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

I'm not sure if you've watched the PlayStation Twitch livestream the other day, but they explained this. From what I saw, it works pretty much the same way as the artifacts and relics did in Guardian of Light, but now there are more slots (amulets, rings etc) and the endlevel loot is not shared among the players. The ones they collected along the level were shared, but upon completion each player had to choose one loot chest and each got a different item. The most RPG-ish feature I could tell was the name, which varied in number of adjectives to represent the rarity of said loot lol.

The amulets are cooler because when they're active they affect all players, I can imagine a skilled 4-player group being very overpower with nice setups.

The stats however seemed to be similar to GoL though (ie "+BOMB -SPEED"). But then there also was enfire - they activated an amulet to show it in action, would expect other elements to follow suit.

I see, thansks for the details. I need to keep up with that. Is there a link to the stream (usually it saves so you can re-watch)?
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

Check out here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=145504

My only concern about this loot-style is... will we be able to have them all? I'm a bit of a hoarder myself lol, would hate to see empty slots because the item I'm missing never drops for me. D:

Thank you! Ditto to that.
    signature image

I play a lot of RPG styles and love getting to equip items as you on so this sounds really good.
    signature image