View Poll Results: Will you walk away if no ROTTR on PC/PS4?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 32.00%
  • No

26 52.00%
  • I might hang around

6 12.00%
  • Haven't thought about it

2 4.00%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Will you walk away?

Default Will you walk away?

If ROTTR for whatever reason does not come to PC, PS4, PS3 will you simply walk away from the franchise and never look back? I can certainly see that happening with alot of people as they will have felt like they were completely and royally screwed out of experiencing a sequel that they had been looking forward to. Even if TR11 was a clean release for all platforms what would be the point in picking up the 3rd game in a rebooted series if you never got the chance to play the 2nd?

Anyway just curious as to how the community would indeed handle such a situation.

If you never got a chance to play the 2nd fans could watch Let's Plays I guess even though it's not the same at least you're getting some what of an experience and understand the story so you could pick up the 3rd.

No way I'm walking away from Lara

I chose "I might hang around" simply because I want to see if they even treat PS4 the same. I believe PC will get a port, but if it's like the Dead Rising 3 deal that Phil Spencer compared this deal to, I'm not optimistic. I may or may not be buying day one if it's on PS4, I haven't decided yet. They'd best bundle a helluva good deal for my money if they want it...
    signature image
    https://twitter.com/damiandee1230

I'm done with this company. I greatly enjoyed the remastered tomb raider on my ps4, and some past games on pervious systems(360,etc back to the first game released). However, when third parties sign these exclusivity deals it doesn't make me want to go out and buy a Microsoft or Sony product. Instead my reaction is to remove support from the game publisher. I chose a product and I may have or in future choose to buy a Microsoft product but it will not be because of this game or any other CD product. CD and any other company that attempts to "force" me to buy more products will see my support utterly evaporate.

No. Even if I didn't have an Xbox One, I'm not going to leave a community I love and have been involved in since day one over one single game.
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    No. Even if I didn't have an Xbox One, I'm not going to leave a community I love and have been involved in since day one over one single game.
    So what would it take to push you away? And what point do you put your fandom aside and take a principled stand of not being screwed over anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    So what would it take to push you away? And what point do you put your fandom aside and take a principled stand of not being screwed over anymore?
    Either Rise of the Tomb Raider not going to the PS4 or if this happens a second time.

I support Tomb Raider and I support Lara Croft but I do not support cheap business tactics that mean to make a quick buck. Treating Tomb Raider like a cheap prostitute isn't going to make you any more money than canceling the series altogether. If SE handles this correctly and actually manages to turn the circumstances around, I'll consider giving my money. Where I stand now, I can't feed into corporate greed, no matter how much I love Tomb Raider. You want my hard earned money? Then do something to deserve it, and treat me- the consumer, as I deserve to be treated
    signature image
    https://twitter.com/damiandee1230

Either Rise of the Tomb Raider not going to the PS4 or if this happens a second time.
    You just said that you wouldn't leave over one single game

In terms of this if CD don't bring ROTTR to PS?/PC then I would want to see them thrown off the TR project. I may get future releases still but never let it drop in forum posts and reviews for years to come.

In terms of Tomb Raider itself I still absolutely think TR is the most incredible series. I will always be loyal to the Lara Croft and Tomb raider brands because of the work of Core Design and Eidos. If I support CD's rebooted TR depends on them stopping trying to push us PS3/4/PC gamers out.
    signature image

You just said that you wouldn't leave over one single game
    Which was in lieu of the possibility of the game coming to other platforms. Sorry for not clarifying.

I do not buy any game that demands things I don't like, and I certainly don't buy a system just to play a single game.

But with that said, I don't hold grudges. I'll come back just as easily as I walk away.
    signature image

I will never leave my little bird! CD made one mistake, and I'm not going to walk away just because of that. Companies make mistakes a lot, it's just a part of it. You're not a real fan if you walk away that easy. You're a fan of TR and Lara Croft, and even with this mistake she still does exist, and so does TR. look, walking away is the most easy decision you can make, but with walking away you don't solve anything. You can even make it worse. With not supporting them anymore you're mostly not buying anything from them, so they're going to miss a lot of money, and that can mean that they don't have enough money (or they have another problem) for a next game. Really think good about it before walking away from them.. TR and Lara don't desevere this. Just keep loving TR and Lara. They're not going to die that easy.
    signature image

Actually, I literally sat at the computer for ten minutes thinking about it and I don't think anything will push me away completely. With Rise of the Tomb Raider, if it doesn't go to PS4, I'll be aggravated. If this exclusivity situation happens again, I'll be aggravated. But I actually just can't see myself not playing Tomb Raider anymore, regardless of what happens.

Ditto to the sentiment above! It's too hard to step away from this franchise. Makes you question the people who are so easily willing to do so.

It's easy for any of us to say we're leaving, but most people always say that and don't keep to their word. I'd be a good example of that, really. Even if Rise never came to PC, I'd still buy the 3rd game. There's a lot of franchises that don't release all of their games on all platforms and have a big fan following. Halo 1 and 2 were on PC aswell as Xbox and then ditched them for Xbox exclusivity with Halo 3, but people still love the series and it's encouraged people to get an Xbox for the sake of keeping up with it. Fable 2 was never released on PC and PC gamers were very excited for Fable 3. It's happened before and I don't think it's ever killed those franchises or the fan following.

It might affect some people, but most fans to deal with it and get that respective console and move on.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't be angry with Crystal and Square, though. Still praying dat PC version, tbh.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

Actually, I literally sat at the computer for ten minutes thinking about it and I don't think anything will push me away completely. With Rise of the Tomb Raider, if it doesn't go to PS4, I'll be aggravated. If this exclusivity situation happens again, I'll be aggravated. But I actually just can't see myself not playing Tomb Raider anymore, regardless of what happens.
    Maybe because I am newer(the reboot being my first Tomb Raider game) I don't quite have the same attachment to the franchise as alot of you do. I also question why should anyone stick around and give money to a publisher/developer that doesn't value their support? Treating your fans like crap isn't a long term winning strategy.

I see... I guess it's easy to turn off the newer fans as they aren't as attached.

Murphdawg, have you tried playing the older TR games?
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    I see... I guess it's easy to turn off the newer fans as they aren't as attached.

Murphdawg, have you tried playing the older TR games?
    I haven't. I know a few of them are available for download on PS3.

I haven't. I know a few of them are available for download on PS3.
    Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary and Underworld are a must for new Raiders.

Maybe then hit up TR1 as it's probably the best in the series (TR2 is overrated).
    signature image

Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary and Underworld are a must for new Raiders.

Maybe then hit up TR1 as it's probably the best in the series (TR2 is overrated).
    Isn't Legend or Anniversary a remake of the first one?

Anniversary is a remake of TR1. Legend is by definition a reboot of the franchise as it changed Lara's bio a bit (though I refuse to think of it as one as it simply felt like a modern take on the TR gameplay).
    signature image

Maybe because I am newer(the reboot being my first Tomb Raider game) I don't quite have the same attachment to the franchise as alot of you do. I also question why should anyone stick around and give money to a publisher/developer that doesn't value their support? Treating your fans like crap isn't a long term winning strategy.
    The reboot is also my first TR game. (I played TR legend I think with a friend, but I only played for a short time) I'm going to play older TR games when I have time, and I'm sure I will enjoy them.
    But I sure love Lara and TR, and Lara even became my biggest hero, and TR my favorite game. It doesn't mean that if you only played one game that you don't have the same attachment to the franchise.
    Why would you not stick around? I can't give any money to them, because I'm not able to buy their game, so I'm not giving money to a publisher/developer that ''doesn't value their support''. They give me no choice, but if I could buy the game then I woud totally buy it. You can compare it to things that happend with soccer clubs. Toni Kroos transferred from Bayern Munches to Real Madrid, so some fans are upset that he is gone, but they don't stop with being a fan. It's the same with TR. They (temporarily) stopped supporting Ps4, Ps4 and pc, so some fans are mad, but they don't stop being a fan. (well at least a lot don't stop with it)
    signature image

Anniversary is a remake of TR1. Legend is by definition a reboot of the franchise as it changed Lara's bio a bit (though I refuse to think of it as one as it simply felt like a modern take on the TR gameplay).
    I honestly don't know what I'd do and I haven't even voted in the poll yet. I just didn't know if there are alot of PC and Playstation people on here that would just be so fed up over how all of this went down and would just say F*** it if they don't want my money then why bother anymore?

Anniversary is a bad remake of the first one. Superior graphics, inferior everything else.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post
    Anniversary is a bad remake of the first one. Superior graphics, inferior everything else.
    Well, a developer can only do so much when they're restricted to remaking a 1996 title. Especially considering they never made it, they only have to go with the finished product. I think they done REALLY well considering. It could've been a bit better in the later segments, imo, but it was great nonetheless.

I think if Core released their Anniversary edition, they could've done some pretty amazing things with it. Reason why is that they knew the vision they wanted to go with the game, so they could've taken advantage of the tech to give us a more enhanced version of that vision with some neat improvements.

Anniversary is a great game, though and I liked that they changed some of the puzzles to take advantage of physics tech.
    signature image

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast