View Poll Results: Will you walk away if no ROTTR on PC/PS4?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 32.00%
  • No

26 52.00%
  • I might hang around

6 12.00%
  • Haven't thought about it

2 4.00%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Will you walk away?

I may not have a choice. I'm a PC gamer and am unlikely to get a console and be willing to learn to play shooters with a controller.

If I couldn't buy the games then what would be the point. It would be like here the coolest game but we don't want to give you that.

I may have to walk away if Rise doesn't go to console and PC simply because I will never buy an XBox, therefore, I would not be able to play the game. I had this thought that maybe if they made a third game they would make it available for everyone to make it up to fans who didn't get to play the second one but I don't see the point in that, especially if it picks up where the last one left off. I prefer to play games in order especially for games from a series I hold dear to my heart.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_84 View Post
    I may have to walk away if Rise doesn't go to console and PC simply because I will never buy an XBox, therefore, I would not be able to play the game. I had this thought that maybe if they made a third game they would make it available for everyone to make it up to fans who didn't get to play the second one but I don't see the point in that, especially if it picks up where the last one left off. I prefer to play games in order especially for games from a series I hold dear to my heart.
    more or less the same with halo. 1 and 2 were available for pc and just like that, part 3 is only 360 exclusive. pc didnt get to play part 3. the final stage of the series.
    sure, halo is not an amazing game but it was still enjoyable and you kind of like to know how it all ends. but nope, nothing for the pc crowd. just being left in the dark.

it would be stupid of them to release part 3 for all platforms when part 2 wasnt available. especially if there is a connection to them.
    signature image

If TR is not available in a format I play, it is TR that has walked away from me, not me who has walked away from TR.

Not that Lara will ever cease to be a part of my life, with all the TR games I already own
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post
    If TR is not available in a format I play, it is TR that has walked away from me, not me who has walked away from TR.

Not that Lara will ever cease to be a part of my life, with all the TR games I already own

so like: gone but not forgotten.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post

so like: gone but not forgotten.
    Bit like an ex-girlfriend. She may have dumped you, but in a way she will always be a part of your life!
    signature image

I agree about the gone but not forgotten, I have all the TR games and haven't played some of the originals. I actually almost won the original but am down to hardly any health (in fact it's flashing) but I have no medipacks and there are no cheats to bring up your health (as far as I could find) and I have one demon thing to fight and I think I'm so close to winning yet I can't because I'm about to die.

I've tried bits and pieces of two and three I think. I've played and won Angel of Darkness, Legend, Anniversary, Underworld and TR13 but I have to go back and play the others.
    signature image

First time I completed TR1, I staggered out with no med packs and almost no health, desperately afraid there might be one last obstacle to overcome. It was awesome!
    signature image

Bit like an ex-girlfriend. She may have dumped you, but in a way she will always be a part of your life!
    true.
    ok, even when my ex didnt dumb me (actually i wanted to leave her but she had to move away so she saved me from a lot of trouble), i still remember her.

I agree about the gone but not forgotten, I have all the TR games and haven't played some of the originals. I actually almost won the original but am down to hardly any health (in fact it's flashing) but I have no medipacks and there are no cheats to bring up your health (as far as I could find) and I have one demon thing to fight and I think I'm so close to winning yet I can't because I'm about to die.

I've tried bits and pieces of two and three I think. I've played and won Angel of Darkness, Legend, Anniversary, Underworld and TR13 but I have to go back and play the others.

i got the older ones as well since they were all 80% off on steam. but im just so struggling with the controls. i can press the jump button over 3 times and she still doesnt jump. and every enemy i come across, my health is always low. so having medkits in her bag is zero. just cant move properly around to avoid getting hit.
    i have tried all of them but just cant get pass the first level. tats how much i struggle with the controls.
    signature image

First time I completed TR1, I staggered out with no med packs and almost no health, desperately afraid there might be one last obstacle to overcome. It was awesome!

That's impressive.
    signature image

Cool! Now thats an ending.
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    [COLOR="Lime"]

i got the older ones as well since they were all 80% off on steam. but im just so struggling with the controls. i can press the jump button over 3 times and she still doesnt jump. and every enemy i come across, my health is always low. so having medkits in her bag is zero. just cant move properly around to avoid getting hit.
    i have tried all of them but just cant get pass the first level. tats how much i struggle with the controls.
    Lara can shoot while flipping. One finger on Ctrl, then make her flip from side to side while she shoots.

That's impressive.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    Cool! Now thats an ending.
    It was indeed! I doubt I will ever forget it
    signature image

Lara can shoot while flipping. One finger on Ctrl, then make her flip from side to side while she shoots.
    thats the problem. she doesnt do that. most of the time she just stands still. moving back and forward works fine but sideways, thats a no go go for her. i can mash the buttons as much as i want.
    at times i can jump over them but moving in any other direction wile shooting seams to be a problem.
    signature image

Metal,

You are holding down Alt and Ctrl and pressing the right and left arrow keys, aren't you?
    signature image

Metal,

You are holding down Alt and Ctrl and pressing the right and left arrow keys, aren't you?
    yes, i am. even when i customize the controls to my own comfort, still problems with the controls.
    signature image

Metal, you might be able to play the game more to your liking with a Nostromo keypad controller. It can be programmed fully with single key and macro commands, and would probably make Lara far easier to control.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

And she's not flipping properly? That's really weird, Metal.

Have you tried the patch from Stella's TR site?

Doesn't allow direct linking, but it's on there
    signature image

Well, when I had originally posted I was a lot less further in the game than I thought. I had to fight The Torso/Abomination. I found a great walkthrough hint though on Stella's site and it worked after a few tries of doing it without losing health. Now, I'm a little further along, just shot the Scion and am on my way to the second trapped room underground. Stella's walkthroughs are great, I am going through the level step by step and it's so helpful.
    signature image

Time Trials on Legend would have been enormously harder without her, for me, that's for sure
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martok View Post
    Metal, you might be able to play the game more to your liking with a Nostromo keypad controller. It can be programmed fully with single key and macro commands, and would probably make Lara far easier to control.

maybe one day i can give it a try. but just getting a controller for this game is not worth it either. but thanks for the suggestion.

And she's not flipping properly? That's really weird, Metal.

Have you tried the patch from Stella's TR site?

Doesn't allow direct linking, but it's on there

never heard of the site. once my pc is fixed, i can give it a shot again. im talking about TR2 and pretty much all the TR titles from core. i did have a quick look at it but coulndt find a patch that could help me.

the controls were generally a problem for me. even when the game came out back then. especially with jumping. i can hold the jump button for over 3 secs before she actually jumps.
    in the first level in TR2, i spend over an hour at the starting point because lara didnt jump or just didnt react to my commands like site flipping. until i finally had her on that platform kept jumping over it all the time or didnt jump at all.
    Last edited by Metalrocks; 10-22-2014 at 05:57 PM.
    signature image

The best way to get used to the controls on TR2 is the assault course, which you can access straight away. Sounds like it might be worth your while to play with that a bit first

The controls are clunky as heck for a modern game (For the obvious reason it isn't), but it is possible to get used to them As someone who finished all the old Core games, some several times (Inc 2) I can assure you of that
    signature image

The best way to get used to the controls on TR2 is the assault course, which you can access straight away. Sounds like it might be worth your while to play with that a bit first

The controls are clunky as heck for a modern game (For the obvious reason it isn't), but it is possible to get used to them As someone who finished all the old Core games, some several times (Inc 2) I can assure you of that

if you mean the croft manor with the obstacle course, i tried that as well. could never finish it.

and even back then i found the controls very clunky. RE1 was much easier to control than TR. and i played pretty much every game back then with keyboard, including HL1 and jedi knight.
    with TR i was: WTF is up with these controls?

well, once my pc is back, i will give it a try.......again.
    yes, i do have a hate for these controls.
    signature image

Wrong site earlier, BTW. Sorry about that.

There's the patch for TR2

Says Vista, but also works on Win 7. Not sure about 8, as don't have it

The obstacle course - just keep at it. If you can learn to do that really fast, you'll have no trouble with jumping, climbing, etc, in any other part of the game.
    signature image

win 7 here too.
    so my GPU is gone and i told them to build in a new one (decided to get a radeon R9 920X). they will get it tomorrow. then we will see if that is the cause alone and i can get my pc back or if there are other problems that requires a new HDD. this year is really bad with my and pc.

anyway, thanks for the direct link. lets hope this will make the game play better. what exactly does it patch? didnt see a description on the site. hope it works for the steam version as well.
    signature image

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast