View Poll Results: Will you walk away if no ROTTR on PC/PS4?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 32.00%
  • No

26 52.00%
  • I might hang around

6 12.00%
  • Haven't thought about it

2 4.00%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Will you walk away?

I don't think I could leave the franchise or the Tomb Raider community at all! I've made so many amazing friends thanks to Tomb Raider and love being a part of the community! That said, if Rise does not come out on PS4 (which is highly unlikely IMO) I will just not buy an XBONE or the game, meaning that CD and Square will not get my money or support from the game, which would be a shame, as I really want there to be more Tomb Raider games.

No. Tomb Raider would say goodbye to me, but I'm not saying goodbye to Tomb Raider.

im really curious how we all would feel once the game is out on the xbone. would we still consider of getting the game once its announced when it will be released for pc and ps4?

now im not sure if i should get it. im still very displeased about this horrific decision they have made. i guess when the time comes i might be at a 50-50 mood.
    signature image

To me it will al be forgiven and forgotten as soon as they announce the PS4 version. Though I do have a foul taste in my mouth whenever I think about M$ (which I used to spell out as MS until dooms day) or Xbox One.

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    No. Tomb Raider would say goodbye to me, but I'm not saying goodbye to Tomb Raider.
    My thoughts exactly. I don't believe if anyone who has been invested in the franchise long enough would leave just because of their own spite. It was us gamers who were cheated because of SE and poor PR. We're not pulling the carpet from under Tomb Raider, we're the ones getting the carpet pulled from under us.

That being said, I actually thought long and hard about this question and to be honest, I don't think I could leave. Maybe it's the escalation of commitment but if SE or M$ pull this sh on Tomb Raider again, I don't think I could take it.
    ʕノᴥʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by Scion's_Eye View Post
    Maybe it's the escalation of commitment but if SE or M$ pull this sh on Tomb Raider again, I don't think I could take it.
    Say Rise eventually ends up on PS4/PC about 6 months later. And another sequel is confirmed as a timed excluisve again. I'd say the odds are that it will end up on PS4/PC 6 months later again. However, if Rise remains an exclusive and the sequel is announced.. then I can't take it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    Say Rise eventually ends up on PS4/PC about 6 months later. And another sequel is confirmed as a timed excluisve again. I'd say the odds are that it will end up on PS4/PC 6 months later again. However, if Rise remains an exclusive and the sequel is announced.. then I can't take it anymore.
    also the other question would be if we will get everything as well. hopefully extra content to make it up for the wait.
    also, lets hope that the quality/port will be good as well. especially for pc. but agreed, if they would do this with every title, i think i will call it a day as well.
    signature image

For future Tomb Raider games that is. Cause I'd happily play previous Tomb Raider games on my PlayStation consoles.

i sure will play legend and underworld as well. when i have nothing else to play at that time.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    also the other question would be if we will get everything as well. hopefully extra content to make it up for the wait.
    also, lets hope that the quality/port will be good as well. especially for pc. but agreed, if they would do this with every title, i think i will call it a day as well.
    I suspect that the PS4/PC versions will follow so soon after the XB1 that DLC will NOT be included. It woudl negate a large chunk of potential revenue. It is likely that all patches will be included in the release. Why would they kill off a potential GOTY Edition in 2016/17?
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    I'd like to believe CD/Eidos learned from the upset caused by the 'Underworld' dlc being 360 exclusive. It wasn't nearly as troubling to fans as the 'Rise' situation's announcement, but it still ticked a few people off. Especially since it wasn't included in the 'TR Trilogy' collection. Which I THINK is one of the reasons why 'Rise' is only exclusive for however many months to Xbone. I'm sure there was a wad of clashed waved their way to make it 100% exclusive.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

That's right. The Underworld Ending never made it to the Classics HD. Odd.

very possible for GOTY version. maybe wait extra 6 months just to get the whole lot.

i ma also one of them who is not happy that these DLCs only came out for the 360. i sure would have spend money on them but nope, we get nothing.
    but of course with rise....
    signature image

I will definitely be walking away.

Not from Lara, but from CD and SE. I refuse to give any of my cash to these 2 companies and will only ever buy preowned copies of any of their games from here on in.

I will not be buying any RotTR merchandise either, as far as I'm concerned my collection finishes at TR2013.
    signature image

The fans didn't walk away. Tomb Raider is now a sell-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon S. Kennedy View Post
    The fans didn't walk away. Tomb Raider is now a sell-out.
    thats why fans are walking away.
    signature image

I don't think "walking away" is an actual option (at least for me) when you are a big fan of something. Speaking for myself I see it with Zelda. I played all the games up to twilight princess but since I didn't get the wii (cause the console is a NO for me) I stopped playing. But that doesn't stop me from watching let's plays or always read the latest news on the franchise.
    If it turns out that TR will indeed be xbox exclusive I guess it be just the same as with Zelda or other franchises I adore.
    http://hiropon056.deviantart.com/ Do it like a Dudette! signature image

I don't like what CD have done with the deal but I will always like TR. If they made a permanent exclusive though would be only thing that would change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Triangle3 View Post
    I don't like what CD have done with the deal but I will always like TR. If they made a permanent exclusive though would be only thing that would change my mind.
    If the series became exclusive to Xbox, I have no choice but to walk away. I always go for PlayStation, then Nintendo and then the next generation PlayStation, then Nintendo and so on. My pattern excludes the Xbox and so it will exclude Tomb Raider.

i think a lot of people will walk away if its xbone only. i know i will. so lets hope this will never happen.
    signature image

We all know that it's not Lara's fault for anything. Sure, you can be angry now or when the game comes out, but when the game after that comes out which probably won't be an exclusive, you'll be too curious not to play it. Besides, how can anyone walk away from something they love? We can boycott or protest, but can you make yourself stop loving TR just like that (especially if the game was part of your childhood)? Walking away is a far too strong term to be used here.

You know, call me Vidkun Quisling but I think I start to see why this decision could have been a right one for Tomb Raider: if because of Microsofts financial injection they can do things that nobody ever dreamt possible and take the TR franchise to incredible hights then the PC and PS3 community will also profit from that, albeit at the price of waiting longer.

However, the one thing that really scares me still is the possibility of future DLC and other such things being Xbox exclusive forever...

that could happen that future DLC would be only for xbone. just like with underworld. still think that its because the huge loss of the console that M$ tries to get sales up. but SE should know (and as mentioned here many times) that TR sold better on PS and PC. so this is still baffling me how this decision with M$ is better.
    but, this cant be changed anymore. the deal with the devil is done.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    You know, call me Vidkun Quisling but I think I start to see why this decision could have been a right one for Tomb Raider: if because of Microsofts financial injection they can do things that nobody ever dreamt possible and take the TR franchise to incredible hights then the PC and PS3 community will also profit from that, albeit at the price of waiting longer.

However, the one thing that really scares me still is the possibility of future DLC and other such things being Xbox exclusive forever...
    I think brand is a very important thing. I saw on a TV programme that if you gave people a cola drink that if you showed Coca Cola branding they liked it more than if you showed them Pepsi branding whatever the cola they were drinking. What I am saying if CD pursue a path that leaves much of their fanbase heavily against them even if the game is great people still won't love it because they will have being screwed over in the back of their minds. Even if the actual quality is better the perceived quality will be worse. That means that taking the money for exclusivity deals from MS will never be good for our series. Is like all the people currently saying they will buy the game second hand at the moment to punish CD but still support TR. It's CD's reputation on the line as Lara will always be immensely popular whatever happens.

If a perminant exclusive did happen would never buy anything made by CD again but would still be a fan of the classic TR games.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast