View Poll Results: Will you walk away if no ROTTR on PC/PS4?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 32.00%
  • No

26 52.00%
  • I might hang around

6 12.00%
  • Haven't thought about it

2 4.00%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Will you walk away?

I won't walk away from a franchise I love. Tomb Raider is the only game franchise I follow, so for selfish reasons, I'll stick by it and it may mean I'll have to save for an Xbox one in time. I don't see any reason why SE/CD would not put the game on the PS/PC platforms once the 'duration' is over, but should that happen, that would be a crying shame for a large part of the community. But, I love Tomb Raider, and all the games to date are still there to be enjoyed, I enjoy being a part of this community so I'll stick around to be a part of that.

One thing to note though: TR'13 had so much emphasis on Lara which is continuing on in RotTR and beyond from what I gather. TR'13 had an audience who became invested in this new Lara and her story. Although the same number of (eventual) sales aren't guaranteed, I imagine that CD would want their audience to stay with Lara and continue to enjoy her adventures. With that in mind I find it hard to believe CD/SE would cut off that opportunity to sustain that player/protagonist relationship they were tying to build with TR'13.

Yes.

*edit

I didn't read the question fully. My future support of this franchise depends on how SE handles future games and more urgently how it takes to get ROTTR out on ALL of the other platforms(except Wii U).

Unlike many others on here this isn't my favorite franchise and TR2013 was the first Tomb Raider game I have bought in over a decade. It wouldn't be that hard to walk away...
    Last edited by Leon S. Kennedy; 08-17-2014 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darksaiyan View Post
    I will never turn my back on Lara Croft.
    With you, no matter what the future for Lara holds or what stupid decisions are made, I'm far too attached to the series and Lara herself to ever be able to walk away

Quote Originally Posted by hipeople5100 View Post
    I don't care if this happens again but, sending death threats or r*pe to Camilla Luddington and spitting on their ps4 ver. of TRDE. Why would they do that to her though.
    Because there will always be idiots in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    The rape threats are disgusting.
    And the death threats aren't?

Quote Originally Posted by hipeople5100 View Post
    The death threats and stuff was on her twitter and other peoples twitter.
    So nothing to do with this community then.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post
    I do not buy any game that demands things I don't like, and I certainly don't buy a system just to play a single game.

But with that said, I don't hold grudges. I'll come back just as easily as I walk away.
    This
    signature image

I wouldn't walk away but equally much I won't be getting an xbox 360/one/? so if those are the only platforms for a TR game then I wouldn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    Well, a developer can only do so much when they're restricted to remaking a 1996 title. Especially considering they never made it, they only have to go with the finished product. I think they done REALLY well considering. It could've been a bit better in the later segments, imo, but it was great nonetheless.
    I liked Anniversary but I think in music and level design it loses to the original. There were just some sections where the remake cut corners in levels like Palace Midas. It's good in allowing new fans to experience the game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    And the death threats aren't?
    I wish death on people all the time. Would you be a dear and die pl0x, driber?

Kidding. They're both disgusting, but I think it's just the social stigma. You always hear, "I'm gonna kill you", used so loosely in many social contexts whereas you don't for rape. I think I'm more desensitised to such sayings and usually I don't see death threats online as much serious ones. Like, I don't see "I kill you unless you make x happen or something" as bad as "I'll rape you, *, make x happen!". It's just so unusual. You never hear people loosely throwing that word around as much, it has heavy weight to it, imo and that's why I find it weird. Though I have noticed recently that people are saying "You just got raped" as the new "you just got owned" on Xbox Live, etc to each other and it's disgusting.

That aside, thinking about it logically, they're just as disgusting as each other.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

I will not walk away as long the franchise is at least available on PC, and still intriguing. I do not want to spend a game console just to play it.

I'll be hanging around for the LC games, the comics and the books

This is hard to answer in a simple yes or no.

I won't walk away out of protest, but without the game, without experiencing the story first hand, there's not really much left to enjoy.
    Even the non game stuff like the art and design books or lore serves much less purpose.
    Sure it's still pretty, but part of it's appeal is that it's looking at the development of or expanding on something I am familiar with.

I love Tomb Raider and don't want to say goodbye to it, but I've stuck around franchises I'm no longer enjoying before and eventually it kills your passion so much you forget what you loved about it in the first place.

I think what makes it worse with TR is that unlike Final Fantasy or GTA, Tomb Raider is an ongoing story.
    Even if the third game goes multi platform again, IF there is no RotTR, I'm missing part of the story.

I guess unless Rise comes to PS4 or MS make me change my mind on the XBoxOne, then maybe yeah, I will end up walking away and my love for TR will be relegated to nostalgia.

I will always be a fan of the series but I won't be buying an Xbox console.
    signature image

No, I won't be walking away even if I wanted to. Might just play it on my bf's old Xbox360. It's just sad I won't get to see Lara on the PS4 with all that juicy next-generation-ness.

Still think this is a huge mistake though, because...
    signature image

If I wanted something I could walk away from after 18 years I would've got married.
    Me and Lara are forever,
    It's CD, Square Enix and Microsoft I'm mad at
    signature image

^well put!
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Thanks!
    signature image

You're welcome
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

I already did walk away.

If there's a PS4 release for the new game or any game I have interest in created by Crystal Dynamics, Eidos or Square, I'll be buying it used. They don't deserve my money.

Wouldn't leave the Tomb Raider series over this. If a game went permanent exclusive would be only case I would do this.

I chose I'd hang around, because if PS4/PC gamers don't get rise there are rumors of getting another game.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_84 View Post
    I chose I'd hang around, because if PS4/PC gamers don't get rise there are rumors of getting another game.
    There are? Care to share what these rumours are? Where did you hear them?

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    There are? Care to share what these rumours are? Where did you hear them?

http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/94...-raider-update

It is mentioned that for PS gamers and PC gamers will get Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, which comes out in December. Unless that's something different all together in which case I apologize in advance.

Edit: Nevermind I saw the trailer and it's the sequel to The Guardian of Light, so I do apologize.
    signature image

http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/94...-raider-update

It is mentioned that for PS gamers and PC gamers will get Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, which comes out in December. Unless that's something different all together in which case I apologize in advance.
    This isn't a rumour, this is an actual game in the style of Guardian of Light. You can find info about it in the relevant section in this forum. Sorry, I misunderstood. When you said rumour of another game, I thought you meant instead of Rise of the Tomb Raider for PS/PC platforms. ToO is coming to the XB1/PS4 and PC, which is as well as Rise (XB1).

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    This isn't a rumour, this is an actual game in the style of Guardian of Light. You can find info about it in the relevant section in this forum. Sorry, I misunderstood. When you said rumour of another game, I thought you meant instead of Rise of the Tomb Raider for PS/PC platforms. ToO is coming to the XB1/PS4 and PC, which is as well as Rise (XB1).

That was what I meant, but maybe my mind saw something else. I thought I saw someone saying that PS4 and PC gamers would get something else on the release of Rise, I guess I thought a big title game similar to the sequel to TR.

I still have hope that the timed exclusive will be over and PS4 and PC gamers will get it after. I don't care about the extra wait as long as we get it. Granted I don't have a PS4 yet, because I'm still waiting on Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain and I was waiting for the sequel to TR13 to get my console but we'll have to see.
    signature image

Granted I don't have a PS4 yet, because I'm still waiting on Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain and I was waiting for the sequel to TR13 to get my console but we'll have to see.

'Phantom Pain' will be on 360 and ps3, as well as next gen.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    'Phantom Pain' will be on 360 and ps3, as well as next gen.
    Oh I thought it was going to PS4, that's good to hear. Thanks. That's pretty sad I didn't know that.
    signature image

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast